Should I refund a buyer?
Nov 23, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #31 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenScrtchBoy
Yeah, sure it isn't a nice thing to do, but you can't expect him not to. The PM is in his inbox, he can do anything he wants to do with it now, post it, print it out and use it as toilet paper, whatever.

How old are you?

Nov 23, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #32 of 143
ufokillerz posted a legitimate question, only to have his thread crapped on. The offending posts have been deleted and I would expect that those involved would keep their "issue" private.

Nov 23, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #33 of 143
GS, does it matter?

JMT mopped everything up, so I just cut this post here.

Back to the refund.

IMO, at least charge for all shipping that was on your dollar, have him pay to ship it back, post bad feedback, and charge a restocking fee, if you think he has ticked you off enough to warrent it.

Nov 23, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #34 of 143
Anyhow to get back on topic- i just bought some starquad cables to hook up to my new 0404. I just realized my current ICs are long enough to use if i use rat shack adapters. So what happens if i get the starquads and they don't sound as good in my system? I'm going to either keep them to use for a direct IC for my phono stage to the 0404, or I'll sell them at a reasonable price for another head-fier. Going back to the original seller (or builder, doesn't matter) isn't an option for me if the product delivered is in perfect working order and the condition is as advertised. It doesn't matter if it's a buck or a thousand bucks - caveat emptor so make sure you know the situation before you send your payment. i did, and i'll be happy either way - after all, it's another positive transaction that went off without a hitch, right? we talk about the good deals and quality items on the sale forums, but also of importance is the hassle-free nature and the level of trust among fellow enthusiasts. i hope that can continue, from both buyers, not just sellers.

Nov 23, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #35 of 143
If product is as described with no intention of deceit, that person is a jack@ss plain and simple. Somehow, selling a product that had no problems only to have it sent back kind of makes me not want it back anymore. Tainted and dirty goods in regards to principle.

Nov 23, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #36 of 143
If it was working perfectly then I agree... no refund. Put the burden of resale on them. You more than fullfilled your part.

Nov 23, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #37 of 143
Quote:

Reason for Dispute:
Not as Described
Buyer's Comments:
I received the amp but it was not up to my satifaction. The amp sounded hissy. I emailed the seller right away and he states that it is my fault that the amp is hissy because my equipent is not good enough to be used for this amp. I am not sure if the amp is deffective but I will not be able to use the amp. I sent the amp back to the seller. He received it November 22 as per the confirmation from the US postal service. I am expecting a refund.
Date of Complaint:
Nov. 22, 2004

that doesnt even leave me a chance to charge a restocking fee or for the s/h.
i will now post his username
stevebeyer@mac.c

btw he was going to send a non refundable downpayment on it for me to hold it, but decided to send it all as 1 payment eventually. I was going to keep the non-refundable amount of $50 that was agreed upon, and give him the rest back minus s/h as a refund.

I am assuming that he will be calling AMEX about this now. Seems like this case is pretty much done. He will not get a refund.

I have never runned into such an obnoxious buyer in all these years. I have been trading on computer hardware forums since early 2001 as can be seen by my feedback here http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=618
heck i even moderate the B/S/T aka FS/FT section on another forum, at this point i am highly dissappointed with this buyer, and he will have to work for his money back, he will have to fight amex for it. I dont want to be a "dick" about it, but he started this.

I will not be selling this amp, i will be holding it until this issue is resolved.
If anyone thinks i'm wrong, feel free to add me to your DNT list.

Nov 23, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #41 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
other then that, he neglected the fact that his sr-71 has quite a roll off effect, and he never did tell me how long he listened to the ppa for.

Did he say how long he ran it in for. When I first fire my tube amps there is always a slight hiss but when it is on for a few minutes it kinda dissappears. Could this be tube warm up? I don't know as I know jack poop about the technical sides of amps.

Nov 23, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #42 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Did he say how long he ran it in for. When I first fire my tube amps there is always a slight hiss but when it is on for a few minutes it kinda dissappears. Could this be tube warm up? I don't know as I know jack poop about the technical sides of amps.

this is a opamp based amp, there is no warmup,
i have tested it on my setup, and it works perfect.

Nov 23, 2004 at 2:59 AM Post #43 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
Good point. I think the seller has to take on some responsibility as well. I wouldn't have sold my MG-Head OTL to someone who's primary headphones are Grado, because I know from experience that they are not an ideal match for one another.

I don't see how that is practical. Now the seller is responsible for "proofing" the buyer? Once you begin to question the buyers usage, you begin to assume responsibility for his use. Where does it all end?

Nov 23, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #44 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
If anyone thinks i'm .....

YGPM....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Nov 23, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #45 of 143
I don't believe you have any obligation to refund his money. It is not your responsibility to determine whether an amp someone is buying from you is right for his system. It is up to him to ask those questions if he is concerned, before he buys the amp. If you built it, then discussing with the buyer how he plans to use the amp would be appropriate. The amp builders I've dealt all ask how the amp is to be used. However, this was not the situation here. I would not ship it back to him until he sends you the money for shipping. If the amp operates as it is supposed to then no refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back