Should i get the GR07?? Just one last check....
Oct 3, 2011 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

sulkoudai

500+ Head-Fier
Right now, I've saved up just enough for the GR07, 160 bucks from Hong Kong. 

Apparently, they sound better than the IE8 and TF10 technically, the IE8 apparently has more soundstage and bass, and the TF10 apparently is more fun.

I'm currently using the Hippo VB and Cowon J3, there is a little too much bass so i turned the treble up a bit (its currently: +1 on 3.0 kHz, +1 on 13 kHz, BBE=10, MP Enhance=on, and everything else off)

About 70% of my music is pop, and the rest is techno, trance, etc.

So.....are these for me?? or should i save up 200 bucks more for the IE8 or 50 bucks more for the TF10?? Is the IE8 and TF10 worth the extra bucks??

thanks in advance

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 13
Dude the awesomeness of the GR07 and the EX600 are the only things anyone ever talks about on headfi. Peer pressure is really getting to me too with everyone (even the more respected bunch) saying these are the some of the best IEMs out right now even outperforming some of the $400 universals. That being said ORDER them give in to the pressure
very_evil_smiley.gif
, and I will join the club next month.

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
Dude the awesomeness of the GR07 and the EX600 are the only things anyone ever talks about on headfi. Peer pressure is really getting to me too with everyone (even the more respected bunch) saying these are the some of the best IEMs out right now even outperforming some of the $400 universals. That being said ORDER them give in to the pressure
very_evil_smiley.gif
, and I will join the club next month.

yea, but the thing is, I'm not sure about buying balanced headphones. I just want 'warm' headphones, i don't want super bassy headphones anymore, my VBs are just too bassy.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
yea, but the thing is, I'm not sure about buying balanced headphones. I just want 'warm' headphones, i don't want super bassy headphones anymore, my VBs are just too bassy.

These are not super bassy phones. I had and Loved the westone 3's and those can be considered Mid bass cannons. the GR-07 have the perfect sub bass and beautiful bass texture. Very easy to pick out in any genre I throw at it

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #7 of 13
The GR07 willbe good match for the above genres and they scale up if connected with higher end DAPs.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #8 of 13
GR07 = bassy but not super bassy and no mid-bass hump and they are also ever so slightly tip towards warmth. I think you be verfy happy with them.

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
GR07 = bassy but not super bassy and no mid-bass hump and they are also ever so slightly tip towards warmth. I think you be verfy happy with them.

+1 to this description

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
Yes, I see that you're on the fence but there is really nothing that can compare to these for the price

Not just for the price. They are great at any price range. The fact that they can shine with pretty much any genre you throw at them makes them the chameleon of the IEM world

Users who are viewing this thread

Back