Should I get another full-size headphone or go portable?
May 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

frosne

New Head-Fier
I currently own a Sennheiser HD600, I'm thinking if I should get the Grado SR325is or go for the portable Beyerdynamic DT 1350 or Sennheiser HD25 since I already have the HD600. I'd love to hear your opinions :)

May 22, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
I currently own a Sennheiser HD600, I'm thinking if I should get the Grado SR325is or go for the portable Beyerdynamic DT 1350 or Sennheiser HD25 since I already have the HD600. I'd love to hear your opinions :)

People can better help you if you state your musical preference, source/amp you use and your sound preference (or what you do/don't like with HD600, or are trying to find in your next purchase)

:)

May 22, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 6
I listen mostly to Metal and some Acoustic folk :p My current portable rig is the Etymotic ER-4P and the FiiO E7 coming from a 5g iPod classic and my home rig is an Audinst HUD-Mx1 and the HD600. I'm looking for a neutral/mid eccentric portable headphone :)

May 22, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 6
I love planning my next purchases, but I never thought about letting other people decide for me.
blink.gif

Not sure if this will help you, but this is exactly how many headphones I need:

- I have the HJE900 for anything on-the-go. They never leave my jacket. They are always there for a quick fix. They are fairly balanced to my ears, with a little bass boost for outside use or loud office hours.
- I just ordered the PRO 900 to replace my HFI-780. They are for home use with a DAC, but also semi-portable to take with to hotels, long train rides or if I visit my parents over the weekend, as they are loud enough without an amp.
- Just sold the the DT990 (I probably would have kept the 880 if I had gotten those instead) to get the T1. I had the chance to try them for a week. At home I don't need isolation and want to enjoy music the best way possible.

To me, that is a perfect setup. I have a budget IEM for quick use, a semi-portable closed headphone if I should need isolation at home (sorry, wifey
L3000.gif
) or leave home for a longer period and - most importantly - a home setup which gets my most attention. Sadly my upgrades left me with but the HJE900 this weekend. I noticed I talked a lot more with my wife than usual! I should try that more often, lol.
bigsmile_face.gif

May 22, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm not aware of a portable which handles metal music better (at least for my taste) then HD-25's

Although 1350's would probably handle acoustic greatly, I'm not sure they would do great with rock/metal

Grado's are maybe not very suited as portable, because they're open headphones and leak sounds in and out, like no other

Users who are viewing this thread

Back