Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #316 of 339
[Mod Edited]
Anyways, has Woo said anything else about this, either from the CS side or from a technical resolution side? I'm legitimately curious about this from the technical side. Or was it something else all along like a bad pair of headphones (the intermittent issue) which caused some kind of overload or something weird to happen to the device (or did the device mess up the headphones, who knows)?

Also, the new thread title is a little vague now IMO. Old one was click bait-y sure, but at least we knew what was going on and after reading, I'm surprised the title wasn't more abrasive. Maybe adding a clarifying word to the current title would help? - "Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio CS"

Lastly - @ Woo ownership - I prefer the sound of other tube amps over Woo amps/DACs, but did eventually want to get a few of your headphone stands. No more. You probably won't miss my $100-200 when you sell 5 figure amps, but on the flip side... how badly do you need to screw up for a potential customer to worry about bad CS on a $100 piece of metal that literally just sits there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 31, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #317 of 339
Nice image.

I do wish to clear the case up a bit as well and I have been doing just that. I assume that's what you meant for.

However, I don't agree on clear EVERYTHING without proper explanations and actions.:relaxed:

I like thinking in allegory. The picture could mean a lot of stuff. The janitors who moved the thread. The peace when this all blows over. It could be my thoughts that we cleaned the thread title up, just to try and reduce the drama. Not to undermine your personal drama; I’m with you on that.

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #318 of 339
[Mod Edit]
My takeaway from this thread is that Woo Audio’s customer service is great before and during the ordering process (have personal experience with these parts for a couple products I later passed on), but highly questionable afterwards.

Between all the blame deflecting, customer ghosting, etc., it seems like I’ll be staying Woo-less in the future. I’ll recommend others around me to do the same, or, if they must have that Woo amp, to exclusively buy through distributors that will confront Woo for them when necessary and provide the expected level of customer service.

Jul 31, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #319 of 339
Guys... this thread has been derailed and I'm really sad to see that. The troll has won, and now there is good chance Woo Audio doesn't have to answer anything you guys might have a question about.

I have done everything in my power to prevent that from happening, I did give up an entire night of sleep just trying to move things in the right direction......

MOD has asked me about taking action, and I'm glad been asked about that. I have agreed to lock this thread and clean all the troll related stuff.
I have also asked to let me do updates in the future if there is progress.

So thank you for your participation and I hope I will be able to bring updates to you until all issues get answered if that's still possible.

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #321 of 339
Update:

Attached is the last email(Monday) at this point.
1596867350407.png

Upon unboxing, it was well packed. Everything I sent to Woo Audio was in the package.
All serial numbers are the same as before. It sounds fine upon initial listening, and I sure hope it will last.
I checked but there is only two shipping sheets inside each package, no other paper was found, so... no explanation or apology to update.

Now a complain:
The WA11 took twice as much time as Jack told me when I paid for the repair, but that's not a big deal if they took their time to make sure everything is done correctly.
The real problem is that despite the repair time doubled. The 'input' and 'level' switches weren't assembled correctly and they are flush/recessed in the chassis.
Now I can barely get them with my nail, again not a huge deal since I don't switch them that much anyway. Just another small disappointment added to this whole bad experience.
6afc1b5ecf31ab596d554c461f04e23.jpg

The thread is unlocked and Mods will keep a close eye on this thread.
If you have anything to say, please keep it on the topic and in a civil manner.

I'm extremely tried with this case and it has left beyond just a bad taste with me. This is all I can do for the community at this point.
I hope Woo Audio will answer this, and I will leave this task to Woo's customer or anyone who wishes to purchase from Woo Audio.

Thank you all again for your time and attention.

PS: If you read this first, Post #9 has an updated timeline for this thread.

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #322 of 339
Good thing that it is fixed now. A bit of shame about the switches.

Now, I sure hope Woo Audio can tell us what went wrong with the unit and what is being fixed.

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #323 of 339
Good thing that it is fixed now. A bit of shame about the switches.

Now, I sure hope Woo Audio can tell us what went wrong with the unit and what is being fixed.
Thanks for the reply, I agree they need to give us a proper explanation(and some real actions). Not only the technical part as that's more for the WA11 review thread.
But everything.:thinking:

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #325 of 339
First of all, we are not affiliated with head-fi, nor we are a sponsor. We are a long good friend with the community. Thus, the moderators should do what they think appropriate.

@JohnZS - Your WA11 is the first batch and there are minor differences to the current production. We replaced the PCB for your unit and the current PCB has the switches location recessed into the chassis. Thus, your switches are kind of flush with the chassis. However, this should not affect your normal usage as you won't likely to adjust the setting very frequently. I have replied to your emails but you just simply bring them up here. Also, your headphones were fixed by Abyss and it is going back to you. I consider the problems were addressed and we should move on to enjoying music.

Thanks,
Jack

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #326 of 339
First of all, we are not affiliated with head-fi, nor we are a sponsor. We are a long good friend with the community. Thus, the moderators should do what they think appropriate.

@JohnZS - Your WA11 is the first batch and there are minor differences to the current production. We replaced the PCB for your unit and the current PCB has the switches location recessed into the chassis. Thus, your switches are kind of flush with the chassis. However, this should not affect your normal usage as you won't likely to adjust the setting very frequently. I have replied to your emails but you just simply bring them up here. Also, your headphones were fixed by Abyss and it is going back to you. I consider the problems were addressed and we should move on to enjoying music.

Thanks,
Jack
Any plans on giving Mike some training on how to deal with customers?

Aug 8, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #327 of 339
Mike’s one of the nicest and most passionate guys in this hobby. no doubt he’s helped thousands of people enjoy the music. Every man has a bad day now and then. :pray:

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Aug 8, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #329 of 339
Mike’s one of the nicest and most passionate guys in this hobby. no doubt he’s helped thousands of people enjoy the music. Every man has a bad day now and then. :pray:
I’m sure Woo Audio has many satisfied customers, but customer service is more about making unsatisfied customers happy.

Aug 8, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #330 of 339

Thanks,
Jack
so what actually caused the issue? Ungrounded line or the first batch you mentioned? So every time someone wants to use a wa11 for whatever reason they have to check it with you because if sony doesn't use your so-called pentaconn standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back