Shanling M9 Plus - Flagship Android player
Mar 20, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #391 of 420
We are discussing with our distributor possible options, as this is a decision on them.
No one is going to care about or remember some random German audio distributor. They’re gonna remember how you took care of a customer that bought a $3000 oversized iPod from you and think twice

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:55 AM Post #392 of 420
Come on now, at this point the only solution is to send this guy a brand new unit. Anything less than that is absurd.
It's really a joke at this point tbh. This should have never taken this long to begin with and anything else than a new unit ASAP would be a disgrace.

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #393 of 420
It's really a joke at this point tbh. This should have never taken this long to begin with and anything else than a new unit ASAP would be a disgrace.
It’s not necessarily the issue that it takes long, incidents sometimes happen. For me the fact that a customer has to go on a fact finding mission himself to find out what the actual situation is, instead of proactively being kept informed is inexcusable. Blame for that should go to the distributor in question.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #394 of 420
It’s not necessarily the issue that it takes long, incidents sometimes happen. For me the fact that a customer has to go on a fact finding mission himself to find out what the actual situation is, instead of proactively being kept informed is inexcusable.
And in this case, the story that the local distributor came up with is quite different from what @Shanling is saying are the facts. :)

Mar 21, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #395 of 420
Things have happenend over the last two days.

Let me start by apologising to @Shanling : Sorry for having expressed my frustration the way I did. In hindsight this was not quite according to my own standards in terms of tonality. Sorry.

Second point: As it turns out, I was naive trusting the story the German Shanling distributor had in place. Assuming that Shanling's version is correct, the distributor lied to me. I am not used to being lied to. Therefore, of course, I believed their story. Shanling were blamed for the non-progress, and moreover they did not disclose with a single word they had broken the device during an attempt to repair.

Most important, after confronting them with these insights, they immediately confirmed to ship me a brand new device which is on its way.

Thanks everyone for their morale support in PM or here at the board. :heartbeat:

Edit: Typos

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #396 of 420
I too have sent an item back to @Shanling for warranty repairs via retailer Jaben Singapore.

It has been 5 weeks since it was delivered to Jaben (16th February) and I have yet to receive an update about anything, not even an ETA has been given to me regarding when I should expect it to be fixed... Though I can't tell if this is an issue that lies with Shanling, or Jaben.

I wouldn't doubt that the manufacturer side is slow, and getting items sent back into China is time consuming along with CNY period, but at the same time, the retailer could at least tell me they have no information if it was a Shanling/manufacturer side delay. The lack of communication is pretty frustrating that I was told I'd be given an ETA 2 weeks ago by Jaben but still have not heard anything. This isn't even about the item being fixed but rather and ETA towards when it will be...

1711063430502.png

1711063626613.png

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #397 of 420
In fairness to @Shanling, I must share my great experience with their warranty and service work along with their US distributor @MusicTeck.

Shortly after purchasing my M9 Plus at the launch, the gorilla glass on the bottom of my device cracked and shattered as I tried to push the unit out of the super tight (included) case. All I wanted to do was install a different screen protector. I was horrified when it happened.

After contacting Andrew at MusicTeck I sent the DAP back to him for inspection and repair. It was in turn sent back to Shanling in China.

Several weeks later (I don’t remember how many) I received an email from Andrew advising that my unit was on the way back to me. Tracking information was provided.

Now both the dealer and manufacturer could have easily just said this was the customer’s fault because he simply dropped the device and that’s the reason it shattered. That’s not what happened, but either COULD have just denied my problem and blown me off, resulting in a pissed off customer. Instead my unit was repaired to new condition and returned to me free of charge under warranty. My M9+ has run flawlessly ever since.

Reading @quartex’s experience and frustration all I could think was that this is totally the dealer’s fault for not getting it resolved. For Shanling to care enough to engage with any of us here on a public forum says a lot to me.

Kudos to Shanling for standing behind their products.

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #398 of 420
In fairness to @Shanling, I must share my great experience with their warranty and service work along with their US distributor @MusicTeck.

Shortly after purchasing my M9 Plus at the launch, the gorilla glass on the bottom of my device cracked and shattered as I tried to push the unit out of the super tight (included) case. All I wanted to do was install a different screen protector. I was horrified when it happened.

After contacting Andrew at MusicTeck I sent the DAP back to him for inspection and repair. It was in turn sent back to Shanling in China.

Several weeks later (I don’t remember how many) I received an email from Andrew advising that my unit was on the way back to me. Tracking information was provided.

Now both the dealer and manufacturer could have easily just said this was the customer’s fault because he simply dropped the device and that’s the reason it shattered. That’s not what happened, but either COULD have just denied my problem and blown me off, resulting in a pissed off customer. Instead my unit was repaired to new condition and returned to me free of charge under warranty. My M9+ has run flawlessly ever since.

Reading @quartex’s experience and frustration all I could think was that this is totally the dealer’s fault for not getting it resolved. For Shanling to care enough to engage with any of us here on a public forum says a lot to me.

Kudos to Shanling for standing behind their products.
Thanks for sharing. That’s a great testament I think not just to how @Shanling handled the matter but also how @MusicTeck supported you. Andrew from MT just excels at customer service. He does this at both ends by keeping his customer updated and following up with the manufacturer. It is win-win! I find that many of the problems lie with the distributor as the bottleneck.

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:50 AM Post #399 of 420
Thanks for sharing. That’s a great testament I think not just to how @Shanling handled the matter but also how @MusicTeck supported you. Andrew from MT just excels at customer service. He does this at both ends by keeping his customer updated and following up with the manufacturer. It is win-win! I find that many of the problems lie with the distributor as the bottleneck.
Thanks for making that testament here, @yaps66 . I couldn't agree more. During my hifi journey, I found that @MusicTeck were the gold standard. Andrew & team always did everything to achieve the smoothest experience. That's for new purchases and also for a warranty case I had. The only reason for me to not deal with them exclusively is that they are in the US and I'm in Europe.

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #400 of 420
Woke up to this strange screen when I start up Apple Music... anyone else has this issue?

@Shanling any advice?

IMG_4072.jpeg

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #401 of 420
Woke up to this strange screen when I start up Apple Music... anyone else has this issue?

@Shanling any advice?

IMG_4072.jpeg
There was a post from Shanling on Facebook that the new Apple music version is causing this issue on shanling daps. They are investigating.

In the meantime, as you already updated the app, the solution is to delete Apple music and install the apk of previous version and it should work.

Apr 5, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #402 of 420
There was a post from Shanling on Facebook that the new Apple music version is causing this issue on shanling daps. They are investigating.

In the meantime, as you already updated the app, the solution is to delete Apple music and install the apk of previous version and it should work.
Ah! That's where I saw the post. Thanks! Interestingly I had deleted AM and installed an older version. It worked fine and overnight it happened again. 😆

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #403 of 420
Ah! That's where I saw the post. Thanks! Interestingly I had deleted AM and installed an older version. It worked fine and overnight it happened again. 😆

It's because "Auto-update apps" in Play Store settings is turned on by default. Follow the steps below to turn it off to avoid Apple Music app to be updated to the latest v4.7.0 automatically.
Play Store -> Tap the profile icon on the top right -> Settings -> Network preferences -> Auto-update apps -> Tap "Don't auto-update apps" then OK.

Download link for the Apple Music v4.6.0 (which works fine):
https://apkpure.net/apple-music/com.apple.android.music/download/4.6.0

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #404 of 420
It's because "Auto-update apps" in Play Store settings is turned on by default. Follow the steps below to turn it off to avoid Apple Music app to be updated to the latest v4.7.0 automatically.
Play Store -> Tap the profile icon on the top right -> Settings -> Network preferences -> Auto-update apps -> Tap "Don't auto-update apps" then OK.

Download link for the Apple Music v4.6.0 (which works fine):
https://apkpure.net/apple-music/com.apple.android.music/download/4.6.0
Thanks. Disabled it. Will disable for the M9 as well. I assume it is impacted as well….

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #405 of 420
Will this issue come with all other DAP as well that has rooted Android OS to bypass the android upsampling ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back