Shanling M9 Plus - Flagship Android player
Mar 13, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #376 of 430
Hello, looking for some advice and have some questions regarding the M9 plus. I’m looking to upgrade from my AK SP2000t and the M9 seems like it is a good fit as it is a flagship that is also fairly portable. I always felt I was missing something from my Sp2000t. I like to take my audio players on walks with my IEMs. My current IEMs are Anni 23 (will it have enough power to drive these), Traillii, and Jewel. Would this be a good upgrade for me? Also, does this player have the ability to download the Apple Music app and download content (lossless) to it for offline play just like the AK does? This is a requirement as all of my tracks are on Apple Music and Tidal and need to be able to play them without an internet connection. Thank you.
I’ve had both M9+ and Anni 23. M9+ will drive it without issue.

M9+ is a genuinely pocketable flagship DAP that synergizes well with everything I threw at it.

I don’t use Apple Music, but M9+ can download Tidal tracks for offline play. Hope this helps.

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #377 of 430
Hello, looking for some advice and have some questions regarding the M9 plus. I’m looking to upgrade from my AK SP2000t and the M9 seems like it is a good fit as it is a flagship that is also fairly portable. I always felt I was missing something from my Sp2000t. I like to take my audio players on walks with my IEMs. My current IEMs are Anni 23 (will it have enough power to drive these), Traillii, and Jewel. Would this be a good upgrade for me? Also, does this player have the ability to download the Apple Music app and download content (lossless) to it for offline play just like the AK does? This is a requirement as all of my tracks are on Apple Music and Tidal and need to be able to play them without an internet connection. Thank you.

M9+ is a genuinely pocketable flagship DAP that synergizes well with everything I threw at it.

I don’t use Apple Music, but M9+ can download Tidal tracks for offline play. Hope this helps.

Smirk has my 100% agreement on what he has said here. M9 Plus will go well with the IEMs you mentioned.

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #379 of 430
I own both the SP2000T and the M9 Plus. The UI in the Shanling is much better, as it uses Android 10. You’ll have no problem using Apple Music and downloading tracks for offline playback. The M9+ is a definite upgrade!

IMHO the only area where the SP2000T bests the M9+ is it is also a Roon Ready endpoint. The M9+ can handle Roon just fine, but it is limited by its Android OS to CD quality.

M9 Plus = 👍🏻👍🏻 for your preferred use case.

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #380 of 430
Just wondering, has anyone tried it with the Storm? I’m considering adding it at some point in the future. Will it drive those adequately?
Yes M9 plus is one of the better pairings for Storm, but will also benefit from adding a portable amp if you do.

I bought M9 plus specifically to run Storm, and later added Annihilator as well.

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #382 of 430

I DL Apple Music. No issues at all. Of course you need to log in online once a while. But that is the same with any other DAP. Apple Music’s way to getting us to reauthenticate etc. :)

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #383 of 430
Thank you for sharing this feedback.

How the warranty is processed depends on the given distributor. Some of them exchange units directly, others have in-house repair team, some send it to our offices for repair. Our management sets some core rules for warranty and it's then up to distributors to run warranty according to local customs and laws.

Our team is aware of the warranty support of other brands. But our options are limited by our warranty policies set by our management.

In this particular case, it was unfortunate timing of the new order of German distributor in such close timeframe to the holidays and it caused this extra delay.
Hello @Shanling

the retailer I had sent my defective unit to for repair just reactively replied to my request for an update that you have not even managed to ship a new battery to them yet. This is totally unbelievable and unacceptable. My M9+ is away for 11+ weeks in the meantime and counting.

After my inquiry to you on Feb. 16th and your lengthy but rather contentless reply 11 days later, I would have expected that it's your intention to try to win back customer trust by e.g. expediting the shipment of the battery to your reseller so I don't need to wait even longer.

It turns out you did nothing like that and instead, you seem to lean back and bank on the patience of your customers?

Let me be as clear as I can: After having purchased an M8, M9 and M9 Plus in the past, I will never again consider Shanling for any purchase at all.

The fact that you hang loose and I am in week 12 now, with zero progress, for an exchange of a defective battery while being in the warranty period just tells me everything I need to know about how you see and treat your customers.

Shame on you Shanling, you really suck. What a great and publicly visible proof of your customer obsession you testament with this case.

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #384 of 430
Hello @Shanling

the retailer I had sent my defective unit to for repair just reactively replied to my request for an update that you have not even managed to ship a new battery to them yet. This is totally unbelievable and unacceptable. My M9+ is away for 11+ weeks in the meantime and counting.

After my inquiry to you on Feb. 16th and your lengthy but rather contentless reply 11 days later, I would have expected that it's your intention to try to win back customer trust by e.g. expediting the shipment of the battery to your reseller so I don't need to wait even longer.

It turns out you did nothing like that and instead, you seem to lean back and bank on the patience of your customers?

Let me be as clear as I can: After having purchased an M8, M9 and M9 Plus in the past, I will never again consider Shanling for any purchase at all.

The fact that you hang loose and I am in week 12 now, with zero progress, for an exchange of a defective battery while being in the warranty period just tells me everything I need to know about how you see and treat your customers.

Shame on you Shanling, you really suck. What a great and publicly visible proof of your customer obsession you testament with this case.
That really is weird. @Shanling what's up with that? Some public statement here would be nice.

Mar 19, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #387 of 430
Hello @Shanling

We are checking on the situation, will get you update later today.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 20, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #388 of 430
Hello @Shanling

Alright, so we checked on the exact situation with our factory and German distributor:

Battery was shipped to the German distributor at the end of January and they received it.

But, during the repair, the back panel on the unit broke. And our factory has currently no spare parts for this back panel. We ordered it from the supplier, but at this time can't say when it might be available.

Last edited:
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 20, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #389 of 430
Alright, so we checked on the exact situation with our factory and German distributor:

Battery was shipped to the German distributor at the end of January and they received it.

But, during the repair, the back panel on the unit broke. And our factory has currently no spare parts for this back panel. We ordered it from the supplier, but at this time can't say when it might be available.
Come on now, at this point the only solution is to send this guy a brand new unit. Anything less than that is absurd.

Mar 20, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #390 of 430
Come on now, at this point the only solution is to send this guy a brand new unit. Anything less than that is absurd.
We are discussing with our distributor possible options, as this is a decision on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back