Shanling M9 Announced - Flagship High-End Portable Player
Nov 2, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #1,201 of 1,355
what are you guys using to protect this while traveling? Im looking for something that wraps around it without adding a ton of bulk. Already have cases for my z1r.

There are quite a few of us here who use a TPU/silicone case like the one discussed in the post back here. I also detailed my impressions of three different travel cases/pouches I found on Amazon that looked promising. I ended up keeping/using the second travel case I posted about; the smoke TPU case that I leave on the M9 provides protection against any possible damage from the interior zipper pull that I was initially concerned about.

Nov 5, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #1,204 of 1,355
@Shanling Not sure if anyone has circled back to you on the issue that M9 had with Roon ARC. There was an update of the Roon ARC app and now it seems to be working with no issues on the M9. :) FYI only.

F10A7F53-8BC4-4A8B-B68F-C71948934D8F.jpeg
319D8A78-692C-4A79-AB1D-F193F68E67E1.jpeg

Nov 5, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #1,206 of 1,355
@Shanling Not sure if anyone has circled back to you on the issue that M9 had with Roon ARC. There was an update of the Roon ARC app and now it seems to be working with no issues on the M9. :) FYI only.

That's a great news!
However, i doesn't work on my M9 with latest FW, and the latest Roon client software on Mac.
When I tap the play button on M9, it resulted in failure due to the poor connection. Tried with downloaded file (I could download an album), it takes long time though).
but the same issue occurs.
The Roon ARC on iPhone 14 Pro Max works flawlessly with the same environment.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #1,207 of 1,355
Just to follow up WIFi connection.
In my WIFI environment (5G),
PCs (Macs) shows >400Mbps (with LAN >1Gbps),
iOS devices are 300Mbps, but
M9 attains only 25-40Mbps.
Is it as designed, or something is wrong?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #1,208 of 1,355
That's a great news!
However, i doesn't work on my M9 with latest FW, and the latest Roon client software on Mac.
When I tap the play button on M9, it resulted in failure due to the poor connection. Tried with downloaded file (I could download an album), it takes long time though).
but the same issue occurs.
The Roon ARC on iPhone 14 Pro Max works flawlessly with the same environment.
Did you update the Roon ARC app? It worked on the M9 after I updated last night.

Yes, the ARC app works flawlessly on my iDevices, DX300, Sony M2s.

Nov 6, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #1,210 of 1,355
I downloaded the app of Roon ARC for the 1st time therefore I assume the version is the latest,
JIC, the version says " RoonARC 1.0 (64).
Sadly, you right. Mine worked last night. But now has gone back into the same issues of saying poor connection and playback: internal error once more. :frowning2:

@Shanling Any updates on this issue?

Nov 6, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #1,211 of 1,355
Here is a picture of the issue.
I am entcounted by the intermittent Wifi connection error as well.
As was written in my previous post, here is what I found so far.
"In my WIFI environment (5G),
M9 attains only 25-40Mbps."

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpeg
    IMG_0199.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #1,212 of 1,355

Just to follow up WIFi connection.
In my WIFI environment (5G),
M9 attains only 25-40Mbps.
Is it as designed, or something is wrong?

Is your router using WPA 2 security protocol? On some routers, our 665 based players have issue with connectivity speed.

Sadly, you right. Mine worked last night. But now has gone back into the same issues of saying poor connection and playback: internal error once more. :frowning2:

@Shanling Any updates on this issue?

Last information I got from engineers, they need to adjust our Android sound routing. No info on when that might be.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 8, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #1,213 of 1,355
Is your router using WPA 2 security protocol? On some routers, our 665 based players have issue with connectivity speed.

Last information I got from engineers, they need to adjust our Android sound routing. No info on when that might be.
Yes, it was WPA2. I am now with a new Wifi router, offering 6E with WPA3. Will see how it improves the connection. :)

Nov 11, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #1,214 of 1,355
anyone having issues with tidal 2.71.2 ? Its saying "no connection - tap to refresh" all of the sudden. I've reset it with no luck. I've had to do a full OS reset a few times so Im really not wanting to do that again. Im within my return period and am seriously debating sending it back at this point.

@Shanling

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #1,215 of 1,355
anyone having issues with tidal 2.71.2 ? Its saying "no connection - tap to refresh" all of the sudden. I've reset it with no luck. I've had to do a full OS reset a few times so Im really not wanting to do that again. Im within my return period and am seriously debating sending it back at this point.

@Shanling
I am using it now. Checked. It’s the same version of Tidal. No issues.
7AC8C9A5-78A1-4215-A5C1-E3CFCB2DCF0D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back