Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Jan 30, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #1,681 of 5,808
I wish the majority of music I listen to was available in something higher resolution than MQA/flac/CD. It just doesn't exist for sale or exist period. I don't buy music for gear testing.
It's not the resolution that's important. 16/44.1 is all you need for reference quality playback as long as it's well mastered and, most importantly, in lossless format (flac/wav/ape/dsf etc.).

Jan 30, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #1,682 of 5,808
It's not the resolution that's important. 16/44.1 is all you need for reference quality playback as long as it's well mastered and, most importantly, in lossless format (flac/wav/ape/dsf etc.).
Then I am all set. But I NEED those bigger numbers to feel secure. Head-fi tells me this everyday. lol.

Jan 30, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #1,683 of 5,808
Wow, stay safe and alert Tiger! I hope it doesn’t become dangerous when you have that level of isolation and music while driving your truck.
I thought it was illegal to drive with any sort of headphones/hearing impediments? I know it is in my country.

Guys feel secure its safe, yes different states different rules some allow it some dont but doing this for quiet some time now and never had a problem.

Also I only listen when I drive the long highway roads outside the city... And always take them of when going threw city or a town.

If you take my music away I will quit my job.

Then I am all set. But I NEED those bigger numbers to feel secure. Head-fi tells me this everyday. lol.

The true ultimate way is 24bit and 44.1

Jan 30, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #1,685 of 5,808
Guys feel secure its safe, yes different states different rules some allow it some dont but doing this for quiet some time now and never had a problem.

Also I only listen when I drive the long highway roads outside the city... And always take them of when going threw city or a town.

The true ultimate way is 24bit and 44.1
Just be safe Tiger! And sorry to be pedantic but 24/44.1 actually adds NO usable information over 16/44.1 (other than extra headroom for editing at a mixing desk). You only start getting additional information in a music file when you move up to 24/48, which is the minimum hi-res spec.

Jan 30, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #1,686 of 5,808
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #1,687 of 5,808
Why not 1bit and 22.5 MHz? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Damn man my wish is that all music must be only in dsd native ! Dsd64 fine with that.

Dsd natively reccorded is the best! You get the fine fidelity of the digital and the nice warm analog sound of a vynils 🥰

But for everyday normal mortal folk I rec 24 bit flacs 🙂

Jan 30, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #1,689 of 5,808
You mean like Spotify? 😜

Man edm and spotify is ludacrisiously good mod to get lost in 🥰

I have like 5 years of edm playlist compilation and spotify Ai recommendation

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #1,690 of 5,808

I had a complete surround sound in my Semi, including headphones. When one lives in closet sized space for 300+ days a year music is essential!!

Jan 30, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #1,691 of 5,808
I had a complete surround sound in my Semi, including headphones. When one lives in closet sized space for 300+ days a year music is essential!!

Ohh yes you do understand me, you can get crazy and lose your mind being alone all the time is no jokes.

I see some time truckers talk to them selfs. Thankfully I am good 😝

Jan 30, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #1,693 of 5,808
I have found that the most important factor in how a recording sounds is the mastering. I've heard 320 rips of files sound way better than 24 96 files of inferior masters of the same track.

Jan 30, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #1,694 of 5,808
Isn't that what the two way radio was for? I thought my radio had echo, then I realized it was Inside my head.
Oh yeah, I get you man. I had a short careere though, 1.110 million miles in the log books but it was enough.

Woaaa I just made 1.2 million been 10 years now! I am 34 I will agree a life of a trucker on the road is quiet special, in sense that for me holidays dont exist, I chose when I stop when I celebrate heck! Just being is already a good reason for celebrating haha
I am kinda getting tired of it, not easy its like being in army service every day but im a civilian territory....
A regime every day, finding food, staying healthy are all huge challenging tasks!
I refuse eating junky food so I shop and search on google map for healthy food and stop at Walmart as there is huge parking yards!

Man walmart im america is like the holy place haha you got everything! In canada walmart is nothing just a small pit of few stuff and thats all.
In america you can even fix your car and get fuel lol

Hehe the radio I took it out the truck lol too much crap talking on the radio people are ridiculous they just say soo much BS no need for that. Just music and road 🙂

Jan 30, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #1,695 of 5,808
Woaaa I just made 1.2 million been 10 years now! I am 34 I will agree a life of a trucker on the road is quiet special, in sense that for me holidays dont exist, I chose when I stop when I celebrate heck! Just being is already a good reason for celebrating haha
I am kinda getting tired of it, not easy its like being in army service every day but im a civilian territory....
A regime every day, finding food, staying healthy are all huge challenging tasks!
I refuse eating junky food so I shop and search on google map for healthy food and stop at Walmart as there is huge parking yards!

Man walmart im america is like the holy place haha you got everything! In canada walmart is nothing just a small pit of few stuff and thats all.
In america you can even fix your car and get fuel lol

Hehe the radio I took it out the truck lol too much crap talking on the radio people are ridiculous they just say soo much BS no need for that. Just music and road 🙂
It took me 9 yrs for that million But I was 46 when I started. It's been since 2010 since I parked my rolling home entertainment center. I mean, dude, two blu ray players, flat screen home theater setup, satelite tv, cooked and everything in there. I really loved running the big machine but the business and politics were just too much. I didn't even get into head-fi until I got out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back