Shanling M6 PRO - New version coming Summer 2021
Nov 1, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #361 of 959
The problem comes with using the sd card for storage in spotify. Causes lag and closes of applications. But it only goes wrong with spotify ... With tidal, deezer, amazon goes great.

Yes i know, sometimes it's working fine and sometimes it's crashing and bugs.
The most annoying thing was the next track was not playing and then there was silence like at connection lost at a stream

Nov 7, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #362 of 959
Hi there,

I am looking for a transport which sports an USB-C connection to an external USB DAC/AMP. The M6 Pro seems to be a very nice DAP, but I need to clarify this important point before buying it.

@Shanling : Could you please confirm that the M6 & M6 Pro are able to play a mixed album (i.e a DJ-mix) without any gap, namely with perfect transition, pure gapless? If it's the case, count me as a new customer.

If fellow HF-Members can confirm that perfect gapless is available, it would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #363 of 959
With the latest Tidal apk (2.33.0). I keep having wi-fi connect issues. All my browsers work, I can download on stock, firefox and chrome, etc. Tidal will no longer connect on wifi. Its just odd.

Also if folks use USB Audio Player Pro, the MQA add on does NOT work with the M6 Pro. It destroys the apps ability to access the M6 pro's dacs, emitting a screeching sound (very painful if you use iems). Save the money on the add on.

Nov 7, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #364 of 959
With the latest Tidal apk (2.33.0). I keep having wi-fi connect issues. All my browsers work, I can download on stock, firefox and chrome, etc. Tidal will no longer connect on wifi. Its just odd.

Also if folks use USB Audio Player Pro, the MQA add on does NOT work with the M6 Pro. It destroys the apps ability to access the M6 pro's dacs, emitting a screeching sound (very painful if you use iems). Save the money on the add on.
Didi you install UAPP from Google Play or APK?

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #366 of 959
Play Store. MQA add on paid through the Play Store. I had to uninstall it though, as it no longer works with the MQA add on (noise issue killed my ears lol). So I went back to Neutron for now.
ok, noted. I will do a feedback when my M6pro arrives. I already have UAPP+MQA purchased from Google acc. My seller also mentioned it's on Android 7.2 version ( black edition).

Nov 8, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #367 of 959
Hi there,

I am looking for a transport which sports an USB-C connection to an external USB DAC/AMP. The M6 Pro seems to be a very nice DAP, but I need to clarify this important point before buying it.

@Shanling : Could you please confirm that the M6 & M6 Pro are able to play a mixed album (i.e a DJ-mix) without any gap, namely with perfect transition, pure gapless? If it's the case, count me as a new customer.

If fellow HF-Members can confirm that perfect gapless is available, it would be helpful. Thanks.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t support gapless playback in the latest firmware. Maybe it will update in the future. Just maybe.

Nov 8, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #369 of 959
They promise Android 9 since may...

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #371 of 959
Hi there,

Gapless playback depends on which app you use. Default Shanling Music app doesn't support it, but other apps do.

For example Hiby Music app works gaplessly, both with analog and USB-C output.

Can you please tell me which version of Tidal app you have?
Testing V2.32.1 on our units we see no issues.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/...op-working-on-older-android-versions-in-2021/

Doesn't look good for Android 7 based devices for too much longer. I sure Shanling can get that updated sdk or maybe try a AOSP/Lineage version of stock rom.

Just to be clear, our devices are running V7.1.1, so these changes discussed in the article will have no impact on working of M6, M6 Pro or M8.

Regarding Spotify, we are looking into these issues.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 9, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #372 of 959
Hi there,

According to Shanling's response, we should just buy Hiby product, which may be more easier.
BTW they are going to release New Hiby R6.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #373 of 959
According to Shanling's response, we should just buy Hiby product, which may be more easier.
BTW they are going to release New Hiby R6.
Well, I am a bit disappointed that gapless playback is not supported via Shanling App. I just need a transport, so I probably will take the Xduoo X10T II.

Nov 9, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #374 of 959
I tried to use the new version of Hibi music that came out the other day. it is terribly slow in scrolling through albums, rewinding does not work, there is a delay in menu tabs. it's a bad player for me. The home screen with the cover is beautiful only. I would try uapp, but I can't install google services to download it. Why is there no support from the box for this patch? Shanling, are you kidding us ?????

Nov 9, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #375 of 959
Gapless playback depends on which app you use. Default Shanling Music app doesn't support it, but other apps do.

For example Hiby Music app works gaplessly, both with analog and USB-C output.

Can you please tell me which version of Tidal app you have?
Testing V2.32.1 on our units we see no issues.

Just to be clear, our devices are running V7.1.1, so these changes discussed in the article will have no impact on working of M6, M6 Pro or M8.

Regarding Spotify, we are looking into these issues.

The article mentions 7.1.1 as also being an issue too. I mentioned the tidal version 2.3.3.0 in parentheses in my post, the latest from the play store.

Regarding Tidal. The fix is to reboot the device completely. Connect wifi.
Tidal will connect. Now close Tidal, disconnect wifi. Now open tidal, connect wifi, tidal will no longer connect to the internet. Reboot the device and its fixed. It's a hassle, but at least it's a fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back