Shanling M6 Player - New version with ESS DACs coming soon
Jun 28, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #1,217 of 1,456
M6

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #1,218 of 1,456
Shanling, which apparatus is most similar to the sound of the M8? M6, M6 21, M6 pro, M6 pro 21?
Yes, got to agree, original M6 was closest to the tuning of the M8, to their meatier warmer tuning.

M6 Pro was always more balanced/neutral.

New models running on ESS are quite different, they can't replicate the sound of AKM DACs.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 3, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #1,219 of 1,456
Yes, got to agree, original M6 was closest to the tuning of the M8, to their meatier warmer tuning.

M6 Pro was always more balanced/neutral. B

New models running on ESS are quite different, they can't replicate the sound of AKM DACs.
True! But the detail retrieval of this new crop of ESS chips and Shanling's tuning is beautiful. And youve somehow managed to bring a touch of warmth to ESS. I say bravo!

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #1,220 of 1,456
True! But the detail retrieval of this new crop of ESS chips and Shanling's tuning is beautiful. And youve somehow managed to bring a touch of warmth to ESS. I say bravo!
I hear a good combination of neutrality, detail retrieval, some warmth and really good dynamics from my new M6 21 ( just got it yesterday). My first Shanling and I’m impressed so far.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #1,221 of 1,456
I hear a good combination of neutrality, detail retrieval, some warmth and really good dynamics from my new M6 21 ( just got it yesterday). My first Shanling and I’m impressed so far.
I'm just putting in an order for the M6 21 Pro. I've got the M3X and as far as I'm concerned it out performs the Lotoo PAW 6000. I A/B compared them for weeks. Just sold the the 4X the price Lotoo.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #1,222 of 1,456
I'm just putting in an order for the M6 21 Pro. I've got the M3X and as far as I'm concerned it out performs the Lotoo PAW 6000. I A/B compared them for weeks. Just sold the the 4X the price Lotoo.
I got my Pro 21.Great sounding player but I got a bug with Shanling app where more then 400 files in a folder crashes app if you try browse it. Shanling said they are looking into it. My main issue with hardware is design of the bottons, if you place in pocket it changes volume or skips/stops tracks as the buttons are so easily pressed. :frowning2:
Wish the buttons were re-cessed and the wheel has the similar design to AK.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #1,223 of 1,456
Interesting. I've had no such issues with M3X or the M5s before that and the button design hasnt been problematic for me. I'm sure they'll sort out the file / folder issue. I havent experienced as I dont have +400 in any one folder. I've got everything organized Album Artist > Album > Track

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #1,224 of 1,456
I got my Pro 21.Great sounding player but I got a bug with Shanling app where more then 400 files in a folder crashes app if you try browse it. Shanling said they are looking into it. My main issue with hardware is design of the bottons, if you place in pocket it changes volume or skips/stops tracks as the buttons are so easily pressed. :frowning2:
I don’t have any folders either with over 400 songs so no issues with the Shanling app, either. I also downloaded UAPP and Neutron.
Did you have the player in a case when it was in your pocket? I bought the leather case separate and didn’t have a problem walking around with the dog last night and the player in my pocket. I do think Shanling should provide a silicone case in the box like this one.
B2785FE7-2D40-4F67-B8E8-292DB880DB6C.jpeg

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #1,225 of 1,456
I don’t have any folders either with over 400 songs so no issues with the Shanling app, either. I also downloaded UAPP and Neutron.
Did you have the player in a case when it was in your pocket? I bought the leather case separate and didn’t have a problem walking around with the dog last night and the player in my pocket. I do think Shanling should provide a silicone case in the box like this one.
B2785FE7-2D40-4F67-B8E8-292DB880DB6C.jpeg
Yes at this price at least silicone case should be provided.
I ordered a silicone one from AliExpress so should be with me soon. At moment got no case/
I listen to single tracks mostly instead of albums so have single files in 1 folder. No other app has this issue as 400 is a very low file limit.

Jul 3, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #1,226 of 1,456
Yes at this price at least silicone case should be provided.
I ordered a silicone one from AliExpress so should be with me soon. At moment got no case/
I listen to single tracks mostly instead of albums so have single files in 1 folder. No other app has this issue as 400 is a very low file limit.
Weird. I’ve got 15,300 songs on a 1 TB card. But as you pointed out about albums, I have everything organized by artist-album.

Jul 9, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #1,228 of 1,456
I just got mine also. I created a folder and dragged 461 tracks into it. It's on internal memory and the 461 songs are playing on shuffle right now with no issue.......
I hope @Shanling can help you figure it out. Mine's no problem.

Jul 10, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #1,229 of 1,456
I just got mine also. I created a folder and dragged 461 tracks into it. It's on internal memory and the 461 songs are playing on shuffle right now with no issue.......
I hope @Shanling can help you figure it out. Mine's no problem.
Hi no it's not issue with playing mine plays fine. Issue is browsing folder. So go to browse folder and then choose the folder with more then 400 files. Does it load the files on screen?

Jul 10, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #1,230 of 1,456
Hi no it's not issue with playing mine plays fine. Issue is browsing folder. So go to browse folder and then choose the folder with more then 400 files. Does it load the files on screen?
Just browsed to that folder containing 461 tracks from the Shanling App. It took about 20 seconds for the list, to open but it opened and I could scroll up and down and play any or all of the tracks. I tried it 4 times. No problem here. I don't know,mmaybe you need to reset the device if E erything else is working. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back