Shanling M6 Player - New version with ESS DACs coming soon
Feb 12, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #661 of 1,456
Thanks for the quick reply @Shanling. I tried that yesterday before posting, but it didn't do anything.

As a follow-up, there was no change this morning. Red light is still on. M6 is still unresponsive. Force restart still doesn't do anything. Anything else you can think of that might help? We can discuss over p.m. if you'd prefer that.

This was issue that sometime showed on older firmware, but was always fixable by the forced shutdown/start on. It was supposed to be fixed with firmware 2.74.

Will continue troubleshooting with you over PM.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 15, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #663 of 1,456
First impressions (latest firmware installed):

1. Listening to Spotify via WiFi is killing me. The connection randomly cuts off. Clicking on other songs while already playing one is often resulting in silence. I am sitting 1m from the router ... EDIT: Trying to listen in another room (one wall away from the router) results in no sound whatsoever, despite the device showing the signal at least at half strength. Youtube is not loading either. Yeah, this is not looking good.
2. The device absolutely can not multitask (not that I expected that, it just caught me off guard that having Spotify sit in the background, doing nothing, would make youtube app absolutely unusable, the frames are literally coming from the past.
3. The first battery run (came to me with 67%) did not impress me. I will see how long it will hold now that I have charged it for the first time. I mostly stream. EDIT: 50 minutes of streaming resulted in 15% battery drainage, the device shows the estimated remaining power +- 5 hours. So it seems that streaming gives you about 6 hours of listening.
4. The sound quality is really good though.
5. The device looks and feels great, the display is beautiful and huge. Craftmanship is top-notch. In this regard, it does not fail to impress.

Right now I am seriously considering sending it back, the sound quality alone can not redeem all the problems I have with it - while writing this piece, Spotify cut off 4 times and refused to switch songs 2 times, I have had to wait 15 seconds to see anything happen. I have a 500+ Mbit/s fiber optic internet with almost no latency.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #664 of 1,456
looking at the m6 (international version) or hiby r5..
- for the m6 is there yet a Shanling phone app to control the Shanling M6 via wifi/bt, i remember there was talk of one a year ago, but not sure if it got released? i want to occasionally output audio to my dac on my home system and remote control it from the sofa - if not what are my options for apps from the Google Store to do this?

Feb 18, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #665 of 1,456
looking at the m6 (international version) or hiby r5..
- for the m6 is there yet a Shanling phone app to control the Shanling M6 via wifi/bt, i remember there was talk of one a year ago, but not sure if it got released? i want to occasionally output audio to my dac on my home system and remote control it from the sofa - if not what are my options for apps from the Google Store to do this?

There is a bluetooth receiver mode on Shanling m6, so you can remote control and transmit over bluetooth with Ldac/ sbc codec.
I use it with an lg g7 without problem.

Attachments

• 20200218_111907.jpg
    20200218_111907.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 19, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #666 of 1,456
This was issue that sometime showed on older firmware, but was always fixable by the forced shutdown/start on. It was supposed to be fixed with firmware 2.74.

Will continue troubleshooting with you over PM.

With patient help from @Shanling, my M6 is back up and running. Many thanks!

Feb 19, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #667 of 1,456
First impressions (latest firmware installed):

1. Listening to Spotify via WiFi is killing me. The connection randomly cuts off. Clicking on other songs while already playing one is often resulting in silence. I am sitting 1m from the router ... EDIT: Trying to listen in another room (one wall away from the router) results in no sound whatsoever, despite the device showing the signal at least at half strength. Youtube is not loading either. Yeah, this is not looking good.
2. The device absolutely can not multitask (not that I expected that, it just caught me off guard that having Spotify sit in the background, doing nothing, would make youtube app absolutely unusable, the frames are literally coming from the past.
3. The first battery run (came to me with 67%) did not impress me. I will see how long it will hold now that I have charged it for the first time. I mostly stream. EDIT: 50 minutes of streaming resulted in 15% battery drainage, the device shows the estimated remaining power +- 5 hours. So it seems that streaming gives you about 6 hours of listening.
4. The sound quality is really good though.
5. The device looks and feels great, the display is beautiful and huge. Craftmanship is top-notch. In this regard, it does not fail to impress.

Right now I am seriously considering sending it back, the sound quality alone can not redeem all the problems I have with it - while writing this piece, Spotify cut off 4 times and refused to switch songs 2 times, I have had to wait 15 seconds to see anything happen. I have a 500+ Mbit/s fiber optic internet with almost no latency.
may i know which firmware you M6 is on?

Feb 20, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #668 of 1,456
@Shanling
I have a problem with USB Audio Player Pro 5.4.3 and shanling M6. When I use UAPP offline (without Wifi) ALWAYS i must manual update my music Library (on board and on SD card) because if UAPP detect its offline then reset library automatically ... any solution ?
International Shanling M6 on 2.74 firmware

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #670 of 1,456
No sellers in France or Europe?
I asked Son-vidéo.com in France, they told me not to have visibility on an upcoming availability.

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #672 of 1,456
hi Shanling, seems this forum is dying.. not much postings recently. As I´m not an owner of the M6, I´m holding my purchase desicion, I have close R6Pro and this M6, but see little action to upgrade to android 8.1 64bit and unlock the true power of this unit. Just purchase fiio FH7 IEMs, pared with fiio M9 sound amazing.... can wait to get my hands on this M6 or R6....

any idea on 64bit implementation??

Feb 20, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #674 of 1,456
I asked Son-vidéo.com in France, they told me not to have visibility on an upcoming availability.
Given the exchange rate you’ll get a better deal through Noir & Blanc. Free shipping to France too.

Feb 20, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #675 of 1,456
@Shanling
I have a problem with USB Audio Player Pro 5.4.3 and shanling M6. When I use UAPP offline (without Wifi) ALWAYS i must manual update my music Library (on board and on SD card) because if UAPP detect its offline then reset library automatically ... any solution ?
International Shanling M6 on 2.74 firmware

Did you tried to contact UAPP developer with advice why it might be happening?

M6 is now available to order for all our International distributors. This is decision on side of Son-Video to not order.

hi Shanling, seems this forum is dying.. not much postings recently. As I´m not an owner of the M6, I´m holding my purchase desicion, I have close R6Pro and this M6, but see little action to upgrade to android 8.1 64bit and unlock the true power of this unit. Just purchase fiio FH7 IEMs, pared with fiio M9 sound amazing.... can wait to get my hands on this M6 or R6....

any idea on 64bit implementation??

Unfortunately current conditions in China put a little bit chaos into our plans, so not sure at this time.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back