Shanling M5s now with TIDAL - Dual AK4493EQ DAC, fully balanced, Wi-Fi, 2way LDAC BT, 3.2 Touch screen, FW 3.7
Jun 6, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #2,086 of 2,497
I'm still experiencing the volume wheel being really inaccurate even after the 3.0 update. There is no dirt and grime on my wheel, since I use my M5s solely indoors. Hmm.

Jun 6, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #2,088 of 2,497
I turn the wheel a couple notches but it doesn’t register at all. It does eventually, but still annoying nonetheless.

Jun 8, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #2,089 of 2,497
Can you please show us what you consider to be "really inaccurate"? Video would be ideal.
Yes , there is video

Since FW2.3 volatile sound and volume . Since FW3.0 , volume sometimes upwards goes down , down goes upwards Jump sometimes up to 15 steps just with 1 click . Sometimes even click but does not react . Video made with 1 step click , up.down .
Instead add that Tidal , please fix mist important part of the device .THE VOLUME
Regards
https://imgur.com/Inb2J0f

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #2,090 of 2,497
Shanling M5s Firmware 3.0 with Tidal support

Download from Shanling website or Google Drive

New functions:

1. Added music streaming media: Tidal. (limited to Tidal Hi-Fi and Online playback only)

2. Added the support of firmware file on Wi-Fi file transfer.

3. Added independent volume controlling system of Bluetooth receiving and playing status.

Fixes:

1. Improved uncontrollable volume of Bluetooth output and Airplay on Apple Music App.

2. Improved wrong letters sequence of albums or artists.

3. Improved button invalid when entering lock screen mode.

4. Improved unable of connecting Wi-Fi problem when switching Wi-Fi.

5. Improved long-pressing response time of fast forward and fast rewind.

6. Improve unable of connecting Wi-Fi with Chinese name.

7. Other bugs fixes.

@Shanling Did the new EQ ever get inplemented. I bought it when first released but sold it striaght away as I need a good EQ. It was a great dap other than that. I would buy again if the EQ issue is resolved?

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #2,092 of 2,497
New firmware V3.1 for Shanling M5s, improving performance of TIDAL app and adding two small handy functions to system.

Update over Wi-Fi or visit our website or Google drive to download new firmware.

New functions:

1. Added custom names for playlists. When creating new playlist, user can input any name

2. Added “Specified folder update”. User can limit Library Update only to selected folders and system will search only for newly added files

Fixes:

1. Improved TIDAL performance, improving connection stability and shortening load times

2. Fixed problems with TIDAL PREMIUM login

3. Adjusted limit for jpg files used as album art, now supporting up to 8192 X 8192 resolution

4. Other bug fixes

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 11, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #2,093 of 2,497
new update , amazing , wonderful .FW3.1...................and yet the problem with volume is not resolved
mine M5S goes on the shelf or on refund...will decide later
and I go back to a company that knows what they doing my trusted WM1
F...g helll

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #2,094 of 2,497
Doesn't this thing come with a 1 year warranty? You must have a defective unit, no such trouble on mine.... Although I am / many of us are waiting for a better EQ, I'm still pretty happy with my M5s. Put in a warranty claim.

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #2,097 of 2,497
Jun 11, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #2,098 of 2,497
I really want to come back and revisit this EQ I issue @Shanling Let me start by saying that I love my M5s, I have recommended and been responsible for a few of my buddies buying it and have even sold it to seat neighbors on transatlantic / pacific flights so I'm a fan. But with that out of the way this EQ really needs to be addressed. There are several tracks where the frequency in the bass just decays, degrades and crumbles into a horrible mess. I'll use one just for example. On Alecia Keys album Girl on Fire, the track 101 has some. Beautiful bass lines. At exactly 5 minutes the drums come crashing in and on the M5s with EQ on, EQ off and no matter what iems I'm using it's such a muddled mess that you can't even make out the sound. It's simply awful. So this morning I tried something. I used the M5s paired to a. BTR3 and the same track at the same time stamp sounded just fine. Then I took the same track; the same file in fact using the FiiO Music app to stream DNLA into the BTR3 at LDAC and again it was beautiful. I am a. Shanling fan. I see how responsive you've been on these threads and I believe in you as a company. And I'm sorry to bring a competitors name into this thread. But the M5s is your current flagship and the EQ is seriously flawed and I really want to encourage you, as a matter of priority, to find a solution. It's now become something of an obsession with me. I know what my music can and should sound like and it really bugs me that some tracks that sound excellent on other devices sound like #$&* on this one. Like I said., I'm a fan. You can see my reviews on Amazon and Music Tech but this issue has really gotten under my skin

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #2,099 of 2,497
I really want to come back and revisit this EQ I issue @Shanling Let me start by saying that I love my M5s, I have recommended and been responsible for a few of my buddies buying it and have even sold it to seat neighbors on transatlantic / pacific flights so I'm a fan. But with that out of the way this EQ really needs to be addressed. There are several tracks where the frequency in the bass just decays, degrades and crumbles into a horrible mess. I'll use one just for example. On Alecia Keys album Girl on Fire, the track 101 has some. Beautiful bass lines. At exactly 5 minutes the drums come crashing in and on the M5s with EQ on, EQ off and no matter what iems I'm using it's such a muddled mess that you can't even make out the sound. It's simply awful. So this morning I tried something. I used the M5s paired to a. BTR3 and the same track at the same time stamp sounded just fine. Then I took the same track; the same file in fact using the FiiO Music app to stream DNLA into the BTR3 at LDAC and again it was beautiful. I am a. Shanling fan. I see how responsive you've been on these threads and I believe in you as a company. And I'm sorry to bring a competitors name into this thread. But the M5s is your current flagship and the EQ is seriously flawed and I really want to encourage you, as a matter of priority, to find a solution. It's now become something of an obsession with me. I know what my music can and should sound like and it really bugs me that some tracks that sound excellent on other devices sound like #$&* on this one. Like I said., I'm a fan. You can see my reviews on Amazon and Music Tech but this issue has really gotten under my skin

Exactly, I imported from china on the first week of release and sold the week after due to the poor EQ. I'd buy again if they sorted it. I EQ on every device, I only buy if it has an EQ so its got to work well. Maybe they will shock us all with a shanling PEQ :L3000:

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,100 of 2,497
Exactly, I imported from china on the first week of release and sold the week after due to the poor EQ. I'd buy again if they sorted it. I EQ on every device, I only buy if it has an EQ so its got to work well. Maybe they will shock us all with a shanling PEQ :L3000:
it seems they do not take seriously their products . I m done spend money on Shanling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back