Shanling M5s now with TIDAL - Dual AK4493EQ DAC, fully balanced, Wi-Fi, 2way LDAC BT, 3.2 Touch screen, FW 3.7
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #1,606 of 2,497
Do you still keep the Isine 20? How do you pair with M5s? Which EQ setting? O have just got my Isine 10 today. My Isine 10 good with M5s.

I certainly do - and I’ve been using them quite a bit with the M5s. And really enjoying the combination.

I’m using the Moon Audio Bronze Dragon with them though to run them balanced...

D753342E-BFF9-4C86-B568-5736B72B2231.jpeg

I’ve stitched some screenshots together of the EQ I’m using for the iSine 20 (to get a similar sound to the cipher cable). It really helps balance the sound and brings out the treble with a lot of airyness and clarity.

EQ.jpg

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #1,608 of 2,497
Unfortunately testing car stereo system's is way above our possibilities. I can only advice to set M5s to basic SBC codec and look into BT setting in your car.

Thank you for your answer, that's unfortunate. I tried switching to SBC but it still connects for only 1s then disconnect. I know you said that it is beyond your possibilities, but theoretically speaking, can this issue be fixed through a FW update?

Also, does the M0 have the same BT spec as the M5S? I am looking for something to replace my iPod in my car, so hopefully, the M0 is different.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #1,610 of 2,497
Im really excited. I never thought that vaporizing is so much more fun than cigarettes. I can take a short puff or a long puff and can decide for myself if i get a small or big flash. But the tendence is to inhalate longer. Its a joy and pleasure to breathe out the smoke clouds. Very satisfying. I wonder if i have the same feeling when i lower the amount of nicotine. I like the throat-hit. 92 puffs now. If i imagine doing this with a cigarette i think i would start feeling uncomfortable now.
Sounds like somebody has been enjoying vaping a lil too much...

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #1,611 of 2,497
Just got mine today, nice device but boy for a plus 400 dollar device the screen is really crappy ‘way too warm’ and low rez (although saturated nice) Anyways the sound is just too warm atm and I’m burning it in hoping it gains some more treble energy and detail.

As it is I’d take the zx300 over it (weird reverb effect and all) and against the sr15 it’s no contest. Even the AP80 sounds more energetic.

The stage is nice though, oh and I need to try to change themes because I’m hitting the scrub button every time I hit play/ pause on the screen.

I don’t want to sound too harsh- it sounds really nice so far just not my cup of tea. Ok back to burn in.

Pics:

F7227A2B-9066-44C2-A590-C2A55A54B2B2.jpeg
2D3434C8-AC4D-4347-88E0-0B5A4611D29D.jpeg
305EE9F6-CBE9-4371-BE0A-8761979CC057.jpeg
12E4891C-C566-47D0-96E5-7258BD726E97.jpeg
0B8EE157-2775-43AE-B9E0-6A5C118627C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #1,612 of 2,497
Just got mine today, nice device but boy for a plus 400 dollar device the screen is really crappy ‘way too warm’ and low rez (although saturated nice) Anyways the sound is just too warm atm and I’m burning it in hoping it gains some more treble energy and detail.

As it is I’d take the zx300 over it (weird reverb effect and all) and against the sr15 it’s no contest. Even the AP80 sounds more energetic.

The stage is nice though, oh and I need to try to change themes because I’m hitting the scrub button every time I hit play/ pause on the screen.

I don’t want to sound too harsh- it sounds really nice so far just not my cup of tea. Ok back to burn in.

Pics:

I cant see the info on bits, frequency, format and so on.... very basic player interface.... or it can be configured?

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #1,613 of 2,497
I am having a freezing issue with firmware 2.0 is anyone else having this issue?

I have 140GB out of 256gb card majority Flac redbook with maybe 20%mp3. I have no dsd files.

When I am playing music from an album and scrolling through either ‘artists’ or ‘albums’ the device will freeze after about 10-25 seconds of fast(?)scrolling.

The song that is playing when the device freezes will continue to play until the song is over and it cannot be paused or next track using the buttons on the outside and the volume wheel will not change the volume either.

The only way to unfreeze it is to hold the power button in for 6ish seconds until the device resets.

I have duplicated this just by use over the last 2 weeks by it happening on all different songs and albums. Is this normal from scrolling too fast or something? Is this just a bug and I should scroll slowly until and update comes in or is it just an issue with my individual device?

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #1,616 of 2,497
I had the same issue. Try restoring to factory defaults and rescanning your card. My player kinda worked itself out of this issue after using it for a while.
Ok I am glad it wasn’t just mine!
I will try that ASAP

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #1,617 of 2,497
Thank you for your answer, that's unfortunate. I tried switching to SBC but it still connects for only 1s then disconnect. I know you said that it is beyond your possibilities, but theoretically speaking, can this issue be fixed through a FW update?

Also, does the M0 have the same BT spec as the M5S? I am looking for something to replace my iPod in my car, so hopefully, the M0 is different.

We can try to change different things, but without knowing what's causing problem, so pretty much without having access to Acura 2016, we would be only guessing what's going on.

M0 uses same system, so likely it will work the same.

Did you tested your M5s with some other BT devices?

I cant see the info on bits, frequency, format and so on.... very basic player interface.... or it can be configured?

Click on album art on now playing screen and scroll to left twice. You can read Advanced user manual, posted on first page, to learn more details about M5s' system.

I am having a freezing issue with firmware 2.0 is anyone else having this issue?

I have 140GB out of 256gb card majority Flac redbook with maybe 20%mp3. I have no dsd files.

When I am playing music from an album and scrolling through either ‘artists’ or ‘albums’ the device will freeze after about 10-25 seconds of fast(?)scrolling.

The song that is playing when the device freezes will continue to play until the song is over and it cannot be paused or next track using the buttons on the outside and the volume wheel will not change the volume either.

The only way to unfreeze it is to hold the power button in for 6ish seconds until the device resets.

I have duplicated this just by use over the last 2 weeks by it happening on all different songs and albums. Is this normal from scrolling too fast or something? Is this just a bug and I should scroll slowly until and update comes in or is it just an issue with my individual device?

Never saw such behaviour on my units of M5s.

As @Dsnuts recommended, try factory reset and rescan of library.

I would also advice to test out different card. Or going to older firmware and testing it.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 15, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #1,618 of 2,497
We can try to change different things, but without knowing what's causing problem, so pretty much without having access to Acura 2016, we would be only guessing what's going on.

M0 uses same system, so likely it will work the same.

Did you tested your M5s with some other BT devices?

Thanks for replying. I tried to connect the M5S to my BT headphones and they all work fine. I also tried to connect it to my old Sony BTV5 speaker and it also works, so I guess it is not compatible with my car for some reasons.

Also, my car is a 2016 Accord. I wish it was a Acura lol

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #1,619 of 2,497
Thanks for replying. I tried to connect the M5S to my BT headphones and they all work fine. I also tried to connect it to my old Sony BTV5 speaker and it also works, so I guess it is not compatible with my car for some reasons.

Also, my car is a 2016 Accord. I wish it was a Acura lol
More likely your car isn't compatible with the M0.

It's probably trying to be clever and not connecting to anything that doesn't announce itself as a phone.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #1,620 of 2,497
Mine is exhibiting a strange behavior of losing volume from standby to the extent of having to restart the device to return it to normal.

This has happened 4 times today. I will try to do a soft reset and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back