Shanling M5s now with TIDAL - Dual AK4493EQ DAC, fully balanced, Wi-Fi, 2way LDAC BT, 3.2 Touch screen, FW 3.7
Aug 19, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #2,191 of 2,497
After 45 days of waiting ... I got it my M5S today back , after warranty repair Volume hardware issue /we all know that / ….YAYYYY…AMAZINGGGGGG
Update firmware availabel ......OK...Install the new firmware 3.3…improvements , new theme…bla-bla…..YaYYYYY….amazing
Card ON,,,scanning ......Load music ….playing time 3h ……..problem with volume control….yet here ……Not YAYYYY,,,,NOT AMAZINGGGG
Problem I did reported when send back + video showing how USB port disconnect from itself …..NOT fixed
Thank YOU very much for AMAZING warranty repair Dear SHANLING

If you are experiencing same problems, please contact your aliexpress seller, discuss with them that you are unhappy with performed warranty repair and discuss with them if it's possible to get replacement unit or refund instead.

Also, I will try to ask Chinese colleagues to check if we had any units from your seller for repair and how it went.

Can you send me video "showing how USB port disconnect itself"? You didn't send me that before.

For such reasons, we always recommend to purchase from your local sellers/distributors, who can assure quicker turnaround time and in many cases are issuing replacement units instead of waiting for repairs.

Last edited:
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 20, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #2,192 of 2,497
If you are experiencing same problems, please contact your aliexpress seller, discuss with them that you are unhappy with performed warranty repair and discuss with them if it's possible to get replacement unit or refund instead.

Also, I will try to ask Chinese colleagues to check if we had any units from your seller for repair and how it went.

Can you send me video "showing how USB port disconnect itself"? You didn't send me that before.

For such reasons, we always recommend to purchase from your local sellers/distributors, who can assure quicker turnaround time and in many cases are issuing replacement units instead of waiting for repairs.

Hello Dear Shanling .
unhappy with performed warranty repair -
if I ignore the greasy prints all over the unit , I received it back as I sent it....look's like very talented master of repair craft , did excellent job. If Papri audi store really send to SHanling for repair , or they did on their own in some garage .

If you are experiencing same problems, please contact your aliexpress seller, - PAPRI AUDIO store , are not exactly very responsive . For example , i did contact them yesterday , according to system message are mark as READ ...........currently with no response .
However , according to my experience with this Seller ,,,For future buyer i do HIGHLY recommend NOT to deal with .
Can you send me video "showing how USB port disconnect itself"? You didn't send me that before. - Yes , please check your email
For such reasons, we always recommend to purchase from your local sellers/distributors, who can assure quicker turnaround time and in many cases are issuing replacement units instead of waiting for repairs. - Will spend whatsoever i decided to do so . As a such a company trying to build reputation , there should be no difference from where people decide to spend their money on your products to shop from . When says AUTHORISED Shanling , meaning Fully support by company. SHANLING certificate hooked in their shop are. Or it is a fake ? How FIIO figure to sort out problem for just a 7 days ?????? Or just simply like FIIO clearly mention trusting ALIEXPRESS stores , selling your products . Could Please request PAPRI AUDIO store to remove that SHANLING CERTIFICATE , that they so proud hooked under .

Fully regret spending money on your product .

Update :
After sending request to return the unit with Full Refund , incl that leather case , Right now PAPRI decided to answer . "We are contacting Shanling Factory to ask what reason"
Very much you guys . Shanling & Papri store , playing with me like tennis ball . Awesome experience so far .

Last UPDATE:
Officially confirm that :
SHANLING after sale service /repair Revolting . I did video prove , clearly shows yet problem with misbehave volume control https://yadi.sk/i/OMI2tnzM90M5ag . Yet not respond whatsoever . But when you pay , they do take the money straightforward .
According to SHANLING :
- I'm trying to check it this with our repair department, can you please send me your Serial number? From back of the box. - That device was there in their repair department store and they did nothing .
- i did respond with internal SN show in the menu . I do not keep the box .And why should I ? THIS IS A FLAGSHIP . I own S-class Mercedes series cars since 1989.....they never ask me for serial number......it is their FLAGSHIP.....they do start care straight with no questions ask at the moment i parking the car there .
- Respond from SHANLING : Unfortunately internal SN is completely useless.
-outcome : Future buyers please KEEP the whole package when receive , cuz is important for proper SHANLING amazing High -quality after sale service . No SN ,,,,,NO PROPER HIGH QUALITY SHANLING REPAIR SERVICE ,

PAPRI audio store - if you value your nerves , AVOID shopping SHANLING products from . They BOTH care only how to take money . For future buyers ignore that certificate https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32839421337.html?spm=a2g1y.12024536.slider_8020615.0 . Anyway , just to mention official SHANLING http://en.shanling.com/category/335 list . PAPRI audio does not exists

Thank you SHANLING for amazing FLAGSHIP product. with amazing FLAGSHIP after sale warranty service .
FEW words for future buyers :
Please cheK HIBY R5 - announced at 399 USD
Pleae check IBASSO DX160 - announced at 399 USD
ALL THE BEST SHANLING

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #2,193 of 2,497
@Shanling It would be great to have an option to show a remaining time of a playing song, not the total time only. Just a small wish for a future update.

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #2,194 of 2,497
B) No, our MTouch system has file limit set at 40 000 files.
Just wondering if there has been any solution to song limit from all tracks
The 40,000 file limit does not seem to apply to all tracks -anything over approx 20,000 freezes when you select track to play
Selection of artist, folder etc work fine with 30,000 tracks but trying to shuffle from all tracks does not work
It would be good if Shanling can either resolve this problem or revise what the file limit is.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #2,195 of 2,497
Well, I wasn't asking about the card, it was more about the files. If there was some problem with some files or formatting, it could show similar problem even when you had lower amount of files there.

Will assume it's simply problem of amount of files. That was reported and awaiting fix.
Still no fix for this? It's a strange issue for an expensive DAP to have. Cheap DAPs can handle libraries of over 20k songs with no issues. Can you confirm why it's taking so long to fix?

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #2,196 of 2,497
Any chance shanling will finally be able to use a bluetooth remote to skip tracks? This is useful when its used as a dap connected to an external daca home. Everytime i need to skip tracks i i need to physically press the player.so troublesome. Fiio players have a remote to use.
I bought the m0, can't use a remote so i bought the m5s, and also same same..

Sep 13, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #2,197 of 2,497
Any chance shanling will finally be able to use a bluetooth remote to skip tracks? This is useful when its used as a dap connected to an external daca home. Everytime i need to skip tracks i i need to physically press the player.so troublesome. Fiio players have a remote to use.
I bought the m0, can't use a remote so i bought the m5s, and also same same..
Simply stop buying , spending on incomplete devices ,,,to feed lazy people & to be treated like beta tester but you pay to be . Safe your money for proper company's

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #2,201 of 2,497
So Shanling just cut off this thread after M6 release?

Oct 19, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #2,202 of 2,497
Oct 20, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #2,204 of 2,497
A little late to the party. I received my open box M5S a few days ago from Musictech. Their customer service was better then I could imagine. My dealings with Shanling on this forum has also been great with an issue I had on the M2X.
I read all of the negativity as a warning and in the end it didn't sway me away from missing out on a nice player that carries lots of value and performance. I have owned Creative, Fiio, Ibasso and other Shanling DAPs and they have been good to me. Occasional bugs from all players and it seems that if someone gets a lemon they tend to speak the loudest and that is unfortunate, but it doesn't mean all of them will suffer the same fate or failure. I can see how the little bugs can irritate people but I know that a product of this nature will have continuous improvement or fixes and I don't mind it. I also don't mind that one day it will not be supported however from what I have experienced in other products the last firmware revision will be stable.

I have to say that the M0 is probably the best value in a music player that has put Shanling on the map. I have given a few away as gifts and they are still working great. My experience has been great so I wanted to stick with the Shanling house sound because to my ears it seems like they focus their emphasis on sound quality for the money rather than features but whatever features they have seem well thought out and intuitive.

In regards to the M5s it was better then I expected for what I paid. I like just about everything about it particularly the sound quality and quick swipe navigation that is responsive without any lag. Im not interested in DAPs that have bloated features, I have a phone for that. I want something that is easy to access when im out for my walks that has the power and sound quality that does not require and external amp for my IEMs.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #2,205 of 2,497
I also own the m0 which i still use as a LDAC bluetooth player for my phone.
It's fantastic value that's for sure..
But i wanted something better for the home and the car when connected to an external dac.
So i bought the m5s.
In terms of sound quality, it's really fantastic snd better then the m0 for sure.
The only downside is the inability to use a Bluetooth remote to control it like a fiio remote.

It is troublesome most times when i want to skip tracks. I was excited about the m6 because its it
it's android and maybe that will finally be able to use a remote since the m5s cant...
But I've already been told by shanling it also can't :frowning2:
It might seem like a minor thing for most people but for that its important enough that i wont buy another shanling player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back