Shanling M5 Ultra - High-End MTouch Portable Player - Releasing in April 2024
Apr 28, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #106 of 140
You should be able to order case from any seller on Aliexpress.

While we don't recommend to purchase products on Aliexpress, for just the case it's fine.
I already had the idea, since it's just a case and even if it's just a silicone case. But I didn't find anything. Maybe I need to search more carefully or wait for Xuan Vu.

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #110 of 140

Attachments

• 5jdfj45.jpg
    5jdfj45.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #112 of 140
1) There are hundreds of IEMs and they will be affected in different ways. it's best to ask for certain model you are interested in.

2) You only need to login once. You would only need to do login again if you do a factory reset on your device.

We are now finalizing works on the firmware V2.0 that will bring the Tidal to M5 Ultra.
Just knowing that it will affect it in some way... whatever it may be... unfortunately the M5U won't be for me, as I will specifically use it with Iems. Thanks for the answer!!

May 2, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #114 of 140
I received my M5U yesterday. And I have to say I'm really impressed. The sound is really fantastic, beautifully full and warm with good bass. The sound reminds me a lot of the M8 I owned. The software also works perfectly as it seems. In any case, I didn't notice anything negative during my short test. Personally, I like the sound better than that of my Sony AM 2. I was hoping for such a full, warm sound with real meat on the bone from the Sony. In any case, the ie 600 sounds fantastic with the M5U and listening to music is finally fun again!! I'm going to burn it in for 200 hours now, that was just my first impression straight out of the box. I'm not sure what materials were used for the housing. When I tap on it with my fingernails, it somehow sounds like the back and the top and bottom sides are made of acrylic glass. It doesn't feel quite as high quality to me either. But the workmanship is good. And once it's in the leather case it will definitely feel better. So the sound is absolutely top and is on par with players that play on the flagship Nivaeu. You also have to take the price into account. In terms of sound, there are hardly any in this price range that can keep up.

Attachments

• M5U 1.jpeg
    M5U 1.jpeg
    873 KB · Views: 0
  • M5U 2.jpeg
    M5U 2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • M5U 3.jpeg
    M5U 3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
May 3, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #116 of 140
So guys, I actually just wanted to take a quick listen and see if the sound changed a little when it was burned in. It's now been another solid 4 hours!! This player is really addictive. I just sold my Sony AM 2 to a friend. I don't need it anymore. Ohh that sound from the M5U is just divine for me!!! I've had a lot of players from A&K, Hiby, Ibasso and Sony. But the two Shanlings M8 and M5U are my absolute favorites. I particularly like Shanling's own operating system. It Works Perfect!!! Very good performance !! Bravo Shanling now it's time to develop the M8U based on the M5U, come on guys there's still something going on!!!! :beerchug:

May 3, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #117 of 140
So guys, I actually just wanted to take a quick listen and see if the sound changed a little when it was burned in. It's now been another solid 4 hours!! This player is really addictive. I just sold my Sony AM 2 to a friend. I don't need it anymore. Ohh that sound from the M5U is just divine for me!!! I've had a lot of players from A&K, Hiby, Ibasso and Sony. But the two Shanlings M8 and M5U are my absolute favorites. I particularly like Shanling's own operating system. It Works Perfect!!! Very good performance !! Bravo Shanling now it's time to develop the M8U based on the M5U, come on guys there's still something going on!!!! :beerchug:
Comparison between m8 and m5u ? And you are noticing any changes with burn-in?

May 3, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #118 of 140
Comparison between m8 and m5u ? And you are noticing any changes with burn-in?
Unfortunately I sold the M8 last summer. Stupidly. So for me from my memories the two are pretty much on the same level. I really liked the sound straight out of the box. I've only burnt in for 50 hours now. But the sound seems to open up a bit, seems a bit smoother and sweeter in the highs. I can recommend the M5U to anyone who can do without Android. What this player does for the price is unbelievable. Clear purchase recommendation also blind purchase for those who want a full warm sound!!!

May 3, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #119 of 140
So I can't imagine that anyone who prefers a full, warm analog sound will be disappointed with the M5U. The M5Ultra is of course not for those who are looking for a neutral, flat sound. I'm a music lover and don't want to break down a title into all its individual parts. I have to enjoy listening to music and encourage myself to tap my feet!! And that's what the M5U does. I love this sound especially with South American sounds like Salsa, Samba, Reageton, simply fantastic. Jazz Seoul also comes across very well!! Rock and pop edm too, of course. I love M5U!!! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back