Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Aug 31, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #1,411 of 2,445
The USB transport function.. does it mean one can digital out to another DAC, USB to USB, bypassing it's internal DAC/Amp?
Yes, M3X can be used with USB DAC as a transport. Bypassing the analog circuit of M3X and using the one in the USB DAC.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 2, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #1,412 of 2,445
Hi, proud owner of a M3X Limited Edition here. I've been using for some time, and everything works great so far, paired with a B2 Dusk.

I just want to ask because I've seen a few articles online where you can sort of "overclock" Android systems by:
  1. Go to Settings >> System >> Developer Options.
  2. Scroll down till you find Force GPU Rendering and enable it.
  3. Next, find Force 4x MSAA and enable it.
I take it the purpose of this will be to make things smoother overall, less lag when scrolling, multi-tasking etc. I just want to ask if there is any known downside in doing this, and whether there are also other recommended ways to make the whole experience "smoother"?

Thanks all.

Sep 2, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #1,413 of 2,445
Hi, proud owner of a M3X Limited Edition here. I've been using for some time, and everything works great so far, paired with a B2 Dusk.

I just want to ask because I've seen a few articles online where you can sort of "overclock" Android systems by:
I take it the purpose of this will be to make things smoother overall, less lag when scrolling, multi-tasking etc. I just want to ask if there is any known downside in doing this, and whether there are also other recommended ways to make the whole experience "smoother"?

Thanks all.
I think the safe way is just to speed up the window, transition, and animator scale to .5x. Give it a try if you haven't done so already:beerchug:

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #1,414 of 2,445
I think the safe way is just to speed up the window, transition, and animator scale to .5x. Give it a try if you haven't done so already:beerchug:
Ok thanks, but how do we do this, this is by doing the steps I indicated or is there any other way?

(Sorry, first time Android user here and also first time DAP owner so I am being a bit careful haha)

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #1,415 of 2,445
Ok thanks, but how do we do this, this is by doing the steps I indicated or is there any other way?

(Sorry, first time Android user here and also first time DAP owner so I am being a bit careful haha)
Yes, its also in developer options. It will be under the "drawing" section there. Tap build number 7 times if you haven't already to enable developer options.

Sep 2, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #1,418 of 2,445

Thanks all.

Unless you are playing games, I don't believe those settings are going have much effect as they impact graphics performance. I'm curious if you noticed a change?

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #1,419 of 2,445
hello everyone,
ok, M3x will unfold 16x for MQA files. I'm planning to buy this DAP for TIDAL streaming via UAPP. in other day, I just read a review that M3x only unfolded MQA 2x if we did MQA streaming (TIDAL). especially when we were using UAPP. is there another way to unfold streaming TIDAL MQA to fully unfolded (16x) ?. sorry if this question already been asked in other posts.. thanks in advance and good day everyone.. pardon my english

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #1,420 of 2,445
hello everyone,
ok, M3x will unfold 16x for MQA files. I'm planning to buy this DAP for TIDAL streaming via UAPP. in other day, I just read a review that M3x only unfolded MQA 2x if we did MQA streaming (TIDAL). especially when we were using UAPP. is there another way to unfold streaming TIDAL MQA to fully unfolded (16x) ?. sorry if this question already been asked in other posts.. thanks in advance and good day everyone.. pardon my english

The M3X is now fully supported by UAPP and definitely unfolds 16x (768 or 705.6)...

Sep 6, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #1,422 of 2,445
A few of us Indian Audiophiles had a meet. Almost all of them had some very impressive players - Fiio M11 Plus LTD, Sony NW-ZX507, Sony NW-WM1A, Sony NW-WM1Z, Cayin N6II...and also two Shanling M3X. There were quite a few high end iems as well, namely two Sony IER-Z1R, Sony IER-M9, Shure KSE1200, AAW CANARY, AAW ASH, etc. Highlight of the evening was of course the Z1R....and at least 3 of us were completely mind-blown with the synergy of Z1R with M3X, and how good the Z1R sounded with M3X - the tonality and all. Of course they were using portable amps in the chain, Vorzuge VorzAMPpure II and HUM MA1B, for properly driving the Z1Rs. But nevetheless, the performance of M3X surprised them to say the least, and they could not tear themselves apart from the combination for quite a while!

@aakashk and @gadgetgod can attest to this. They were also in the gorup. The M3X is truly a real beast in a small and affordable package!

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #1,423 of 2,445
A few of us Indian Audiophiles had a meet. Almost all of them had some very impressive players - Fiio M11 Plus LTD, Sony NW-ZX507, Sony NW-WM1A, Sony NW-WM1Z, Cayin N6II...and also two Shanling M3X. There were quite a few high end iems as well, namely two Sony IER-Z1R, Sony IER-M9, Shure KSE1200, AAW CANARY, AAW ASH, etc. Highlight of the evening was of course the Z1R....and at least 3 of us were completely mind-blown with the synergy of Z1R with M3X, and how good the Z1R sounded with M3X - the tonality and all. Of course they were using portable amps in the chain, Vorzuge VorzAMPpure II and HUM MA1B, for properly driving the Z1Rs. But nevetheless, the performance of M3X surprised them to say the least, and they could not tear themselves apart from the combination for quite a while!

@aakashk and @gadgetgod can attest to this. They were also in the gorup. The M3X is truly a real beast in a small and affordable package!
True man the synergy of M3X with Z1r, IER-M9 was fantastic!! That was a great meet!!!

Sep 6, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #1,424 of 2,445

True story! And in my personal opinion, Z1R + M3X pairing was also better than Z1R + M11 Plus, without the need for any additional AMP. Truly a value for money DAP

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #1,425 of 2,445

Thanks for your quick review bro. I don't have any high end iem with me right now but i do love everything about M3X.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back