Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Jun 6, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #980 of 2,442
Output impedance is less than 1 ohm so those numbers should be true. I'm sure Shanling can tell you.

Depends on sensitivity of the phones/iems also. There's a chart floating around that will tell you output power needed to drive various iems and cans. I can tell you the m3x is the first dap I've used low gain.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #981 of 2,442
I can tell you the m3x is the first dap I've used low gain.
Same here. As I noted yesterday, to get the same volume out of a far more expensive and higher power DAP, iv had to almost double the volume over the M3X. I don't know what wizardry Shanling pulled off with this thing but it's power output or at least perceived power output is way above its stated numbers. It likely has to do with the amplification circuit being part of the DAC chips. This is how they get this to out out more than decent power power with good battery conservation. Based on the M3X I think ill pick up the M6 Pro 21. It should be a winner.

Jun 6, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #982 of 2,442
Same here. As I noted yesterday, to get the same volume out of a far more expensive and higher power DAP, iv had to almost double the volume over the M3X. I don't know what wizardry Shanling pulled off with this thing but it's power output or at least perceived power output is way above its stated numbers. It likely has to do with the amplification circuit being part of the DAC chips. This is how they get this to out out more than decent power power with good battery conservation. Based on the M3X I think ill pick up the M6 Pro 21. It should be a winner.
If i could second guess, its thier Shanling custom coded FPGA chipsets and KDS Femto grade oscillators that have a DNA of M8 that makes the difference.

Jun 6, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #983 of 2,442
Output impedance is less than 1 ohm so those numbers should be true. I'm sure Shanling can tell you.

Depends on sensitivity of the phones/iems also. There's a chart floating around that will tell you output power needed to drive various iems and cans. I can tell you the m3x is the first dap I've used low gain.
Yeah I got Dorado 2020 which is 10 ohm IEM but it needs power to get best out of it. So need low impedance but high output DAP.
Was lookin at M6 21 but with the Pro 21 coming with better battery may wait. However price will be higher of course.

Jun 6, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #984 of 2,442
Yeah I got Dorado 2020 which is 10 ohm IEM but it needs power to get best out of it. So need low impedance but high output DAP.
Was lookin at M6 21 but with the Pro 21 coming with better battery may wait. However price will be higher of course.
It's already on HiFi Go for $799 up from $759 of previous M6 Pro

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #987 of 2,442
yeah thats most likely the Chinese version without Google Play
I dont know. I think Shanling had said that its current releases are all international version and Hifi Go does handle international market. I've written to HF Go to confirm its in stock and International but havent heard back yet.

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #988 of 2,442
I dont know. I think Shanling had said that its current releases are all international version and Hifi Go does handle international market. I've written to HF Go to confirm its in stock and International but havent heard back yet.
I’ve got mine from Hifigo and I can confirm it’s an international version :)

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #990 of 2,442
yeah thats most likely the Chinese version without Google Play
There is nothing like Chinese or international variant for M6 Pro21. They are all the same.

This was applicable only for the original M6 and we made it clear. I'm not sure from where this confusion keeps coming from.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back