Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
May 27, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #902 of 2,446
You basically answered all my questions. All. Earnest thanks.
I've been tracking you for a while (no, not stalking you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) as we intersect on a few different threads. Honestly get one. It's an amazing little player and you'll get a SERIOUS UPGRADE over the very good UP4

May 27, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #903 of 2,446
I've been tracking you for a while (no, not stalking you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) as we intersect on a few different threads. Honestly get one. It's an amazing little player and you'll get a SERIOUS UPGRADE over the very good UP4
After June's salary, it's gonna be my first purchase! It's in my line of sight for a loooong while now, gotta shoot it down 😂

And hey, good to know I have become someone for others to track 😅

May 27, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #904 of 2,446
It's a really good chipset/amp combo, and shanlings done good with the implementation of them. I'm listening to amazon music HD and the battery gauge is barely moving. :) balanced out to boot.
It only lost 2% battery in 'standby' (just left it in on) ha ha from last night. And when I first woke up it had only went down 1%.
That is a big bonus of using the new ESS chips.

May 27, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #905 of 2,446
Based on my two Shanling DAPs - the Q1 and the M3X - Shanling tries and succeeds to do two things well sonically that are not commonly paired, at least at lower price points. One is to create a non-digital at least somewhat warm tone. The other is to create a large soundstage. The M3X is more linear and not as warm as the Q1, but it still has some pleasing warmth and body, and largely avoids digital , overly analytical or treble boosted sound. And it has a wide soundstage.

May 27, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #906 of 2,446
Based on my two Shanling DAPs - the Q1 and the M3X - Shanling tries and succeeds to do two things well sonically that are not commonly paired, at least at lower price points. One is to create a non-digital at least somewhat warm tone. The other is to create a large soundstage. The M3X is more linear and not as warm as the Q1, but it still has some pleasing warmth and body, and largely avoids digital , overly analytical or treble boosted sound. And it has a wide soundstage.

I agree. It's got some nice musical organic body to it. And the Soundstage is nice and big. Layering is nice also.

May 27, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #907 of 2,446
Got myself Unique Melody Mirage from Ace Bee in the thread(Yeah he lives close to me haha). Pairs amazingly well with the M3X here <3 Audio bliss

IMG-8273edit.jpg

May 27, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #909 of 2,446
Hi guys, I’m a new owner of the m3x and straight from the off I’m having trouble simply turning the device on. At first I thought it was a dead unit, as I charged it and it would not turn on. Pressing the on button seemingly had no effect. Today I tried for longer and after dozens of attempts at turning it on, it finally came to life.
but it took over fifteen minutes of trying. I’ve since turned off and tried again, and once more it took almost ten minutes for the thing to turn on.
Unless I’m missing something, this is pretty bad. Maybe others have had this, I don’t know.
Any thoughts at what’s happening would be appreciated.
Many thanks.

May 27, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #910 of 2,446
Hi guys, I’m a new owner of the m3x and straight from the off I’m having trouble simply turning the device on. At first I thought it was a dead unit, as I charged it and it would not turn on. Pressing the on button seemingly had no effect. Today I tried for longer and after dozens of attempts at turning it on, it finally came to life.
but it took over fifteen minutes of trying. I’ve since turned off and tried again, and once more it took almost ten minutes for the thing to turn on.
Unless I’m missing something, this is pretty bad. Maybe others have had this, I don’t know.
Many thanks.
Do factory reset and if it does it again, contact your dealer for a return. I mean that's what I would do.

May 27, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #911 of 2,446
I can't help but think of Xmen every time I see the back of the case.
hahahahaBut tbh it looks much better than simple silicone case

May 27, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #912 of 2,446
It's a really good chipset/amp combo, and shanlings done good with the implementation of them. I'm listening to amazon music HD and the battery gauge is barely moving. :) balanced out to boot.
It only lost 2% battery in 'standby' (just left it in on) ha ha from last night. And when I first woke up it had only went down 1%.
That is a big bonus of using the new ESS chips.
You must be using Prime Mode. I agree the battery life is staggeringly good. But with UAPP, the standby drain is clearly greater than the shanling app. Not sure how Amazon HD plays into that.

May 27, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #914 of 2,446
You must be using Prime Mode. I agree the battery life is staggeringly good. But with UAPP, the standby drain is clearly greater than the shanling app. Not sure how Amazon HD plays into that.

Not prime mode, I'm using hiby music and amazon HD. Last night I just paused amazon app, killed wifi and only had 1% drain when I woke up the first time (early) and 2% when I really got up. Could be calibrating and not quite accurate but it's still cool

May 27, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #915 of 2,446
Many thanks.
By any chance, are you pressing on some buttons on left side when turning it on?

Normally it should turn on after holding wheel down for 2 seconds.
If you hold it for 12 seconds, that's forced shutdown and then forced power on.

If the issue stays, please send it to your seller for check.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back