Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Dec 30, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #62 of 2,447
I look up the ES9219C datasheet. It states that "The ES9219 is a high-performance 32-bit, 2-channel audio SABRE HiFi D/A converter with QUAD DAC+ Technology, ... Using critically acclaimed QUAD DAC+ technology, patented 32-bit HyperStream III DAC architecture ..." I remember that ES9038Q2M is the patented 32-bit HyperStream II DAC architecture. So this E9219C has new hardware features.

For QUAD DAC+, does it mean ES9219C possible to utilize as QUAD DAC? Cause ES9219C is 2-chanel DAC. Though Dual DAC is OK too. :thinking:

Dec 30, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #63 of 2,447
New photos of M3X~ I wish it will launch in Thailand soon~.

M3X 10.jpg

M3X 08.jpg

M3X 07.jpg

Dec 30, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #64 of 2,447
This certainly has my interest. I have had great success with my last few Shanlings; but currently do not own any. In particular I miss my old M2S; sweet sound and very reliable. But I, like the market, have moved to Android based units. Mainly because I have given in to the borg (Amazon). I have also given in, therefore, to music as a service.

I would presume it can handle Amazon Music HD and will by pass the 24 -48 limits of Android. I am also hoping to hear that the native Shanling music playback apps can handle gapless FLAC and SACD ISO playback. Also wondering what version of Android will be supported? I would really like to see support for Android Auto. Current BMW models, for example, no longer offer direct input for auxiliary music.

Dec 30, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #65 of 2,447
@originalsnuffy : We need further info from Shanling. M3X marketing is gradually fishing us everyday. It stimulates my curiosity as well. :joy:

Dec 30, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #66 of 2,447
I've been narrowing down on which DAPs I should get since I gave my sony a55 to my friend who wanted to get into hi-res audio listening for the first time.

I've narrowed down between the Hiby R3 Pro and the Shanling M2X within my budget at the moment. It does got me curiously excited for the M3X due to it's size. Highly curious about the sound too. I don't think this dac is in any other daps aside from the LG phones.

Dec 31, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #68 of 2,447
I look up the ES9219C datasheet. It states that "The ES9219 is a high-performance 32-bit, 2-channel audio SABRE HiFi D/A converter with QUAD DAC+ Technology, ... Using critically acclaimed QUAD DAC+ technology, patented 32-bit HyperStream III DAC architecture ..." I remember that ES9038Q2M is the patented 32-bit HyperStream II DAC architecture. So this E9219C has new hardware features.

For QUAD DAC+, does it mean ES9219C possible to utilize as QUAD DAC? Cause ES9219C is 2-chanel DAC. Though Dual DAC is OK too. :thinking:

"Quad DAC+" refers to inner design of this chip. Older ES9218P was also sometimes marketed as "Quad DAC".

I would presume it can handle Amazon Music HD and will by pass the 24 -48 limits of Android. I am also hoping to hear that the native Shanling music playback apps can handle gapless FLAC and SACD ISO playback. Also wondering what version of Android will be supported? I would really like to see support for Android Auto. Current BMW models, for example, no longer offer direct input for auxiliary music.

It's based on same platform as our other Android players. So running Android 7.1, avoiding the Android resampling.
Shanling Music App so far do not support Gapless. It can play SACD ISO.
No support for Android Auto.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 31, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #73 of 2,447
@yorosello : When the body color is black, My eyes always have a problem to figure out. lol. It would be metal, isn't it?

Jan 1, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #74 of 2,447
@yorosello : When the body color is black, My eyes always have a problem to figure out. lol. It would be metal, isn't it?
They always use aluminium chassis so far, and with m3x following M8's frame, it would highly use the same material

Jan 1, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #75 of 2,447
@yorosello : Nice! Actually I've never bought Shanling products before. Thanks for your reply. By the way, in Weibo, Shanling will join in the audio stuff exhibition during 9-10 Jan 2021 in Shenzhen. We can expect to read M3X impression from Chinese attendees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back