Shanling M3s - dual AK4490 DAC, 2.5 balanced out, aptX BT, HiBy link, USB out, FW 1.7
Sep 16, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #211 of 2,219
"Two-Way Bluetooth 4.1 Supporting Apt-X standard'... does this mean aptX BT reception?

Great question. The other DAPs I've tried with two-way Bluetooth only supported aptX in transmission mode. When the DAP was in receiver mode, aptX wasn't supported. It'd be great if M3s did support aptX both ways. @Shanling?

When first introduced by Shanling staff, balanced LO was hinted, am I wrong?

It was hinted at, but even if it doesn't end up in the initial releasei won't be disappointed. I honestly have no use case for that as I don't have any portable amps with 2.5mm Balanced Output and they're not common at all. If I'm at home and want to use the DAP as a transport, I'll be using USB out anyways. Guess I just don't see how this is relevant except for a very small minority of users. Maybe someone can provide a compelling reason?

Sep 17, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #213 of 2,219
Sep 17, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #215 of 2,219
Does the SE use dual DACs or only on balanced output?

Noob question: If only the balanced output uses dual DACs, then does that mean the sq is twice than SE?

Thank you for those who will answer.

The sound quality cannot be twice from DAP to DAP, the dual DACs design helps with extending the dynamic range and lowers noise, some people say that it sounds better. I think that either one DAC or Dual DACs can sound good with a healthy implementation.

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #216 of 2,219
The sound quality cannot be twice from DAP to DAP, the dual DACs design helps with extending the dynamic range and lowers noise, some people say that it sounds better. I think that either one DAC or Dual DACs can sound good with a healthy implementation.
I understand now. Thanks!

I'm waiting for a review of this DAP compared to Aune m1s.

Still deciding if I'm getting this or the sony nw-zx300.

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #223 of 2,219
I keep wondering how much that scroll wheel would get stuck going in and out of my pants pocket. :grin:

From M2s experience, you don't have to worry about it, especially when dressed in a case.

Sep 19, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #225 of 2,219

Users who are viewing this thread

Back