Shanling M3s - dual AK4490 DAC, 2.5 balanced out, aptX BT, HiBy link, USB out, FW 1.7
Dec 30, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #1,381 of 2,219
First time. Just opened it.

Jan 1, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #1,383 of 2,219
Mine doesn't click in either, I assumed it was normal but obviously not. It holds in place fine once the case is on though.

Jan 1, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #1,384 of 2,219
Mine doesn't click in either, I assumed it was normal but obviously not. It holds in place fine once the case is on though.
On my unit, the card will only be read if I keep in held in with my finger. As soon as I remove my finger, the card pops out and cannot be seen my the M3s.

Jan 1, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #1,385 of 2,219
On my unit, the card will only be read if I keep in held in with my finger. As soon as I remove my finger, the card pops out and cannot be seen my the M3s.

Did you push the SD card in fully so that it clicks in place?

Jan 1, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #1,386 of 2,219
Did you push the SD card in fully so that it clicks in place?
Yes but that’s the problem. It won’t click/lock into place. I’m waiting to hear back from Musictech but will likely need to send back for a replacement.

Jan 2, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #1,387 of 2,219
Does anyone have experience the wheel registering double press often? I get it off and on and it's bit annoying because it keeps registering my single press and double press.

Jan 3, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #1,388 of 2,219
Anyone using the M3s with EE Zeus ZRAs? The M3s was great with my 64audio U12 but I can't get the sound to my liking with my EE's; very lean and almost sibilant.

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #1,389 of 2,219
Anyone using the M3s with EE Zeus ZRAs? The M3s was great with my 64audio U12 but I can't get the sound to my liking with my EE's; very lean and almost sibilant.

While many claim cables don't do anything (they shouldn't anyway), I felt cables using Teflon coated silver plated copper has this v-shape sound that caused me to EQ it back down (posted a while back). After going back to pure copper it's more easy on the ears imo.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #1,390 of 2,219
Using the M3s as a source, I used the ALO Ref 8 with my U12s (very good) and a Whiplash Audio TWcu v3 OM cable for my EE Zeus XRAs (also very good) - and the XRAs are clearly the better IEM as it should be for the price. I tried using the Ref. 8 on my EE and it was horrible; the copper Whiplash cable was much much better on my ears. Lots of variables with this hobby...

Jan 3, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,391 of 2,219
Attention, fraud company! People, NEVER buy from Hidizs! I've spent $339 (Hidizs AP200 64GB digital player) at Indigogo.com. Order ID 234, contribution date 03 Oct 2017 ..and still received NOTHING… Hidizs, you’ve robbed us, * ***** ********! @Indigogo, it’s a shame for you!
Yes it seems Hidizs has done some things wrong - totally agree. I own both M3s and the AP200 (IGG order 146 - 32GB Alum. ver.). However I got my AP200 (in December).

I regards to comparison - both sound good but I give slight edge to M3s for it's solid UI and nice sound stage. The AP200 has turned out to be a "work in progress" with problems with having no Line Out functionality, noisy wireless, somewhat slow UI and a wonky volume rocker.

On the other hand the M3s has a slightly wider sound stage and slightly better clarity. To my ear both have similar output power (both can drive the HD6XX but not too loud). Unless you absolutely need Android for Spotify or Tidal I can easily recommend the M3s over the AP200 until Hidizs can address the problems. I truly hope that Hidizs hears their customers and come through with some solutions.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #1,393 of 2,219
I’ve tried several cards and none will click in.

@Shanling: any known issues similar to what I am experiencing ( I.e. cards will not click into slot)?

First time I see report such this, probably mechanical failure of micro SD card slot, unfortunately your unit must be replaced.

Curious it was broken out of the box, because our players are tested in company, they are used with different cards during manufacturing phase.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 3, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #1,394 of 2,219
This is a first then. The unit was new, still shrink wrapped in original packaging. On my first attempt, the card would not click in and same result with other cards.

I have a note into Musictech requesting an exchange. I’m waiting to hear back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back