Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Aug 13, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #1,412 of 2,460
Just checking: this is the "On" setting, right?

Thanks for checking regarding the genres.
I'm kind of spoiled with this coming from a Squeezebox Touch and corresponding apps:)

Did you put that screen protector on in a beer garden? ouch, :) :) To the peeps about the EQ yes it sucks, but I have a feeling even after the fix it's still going to kill the power when you engage it to prevent clipping. That is why I love sony and cowon eqs, they don't cut the power when engaged like most do.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #1,415 of 2,460
Did you put that screen protector on in a beer garden? ouch, :) :) To the peeps about the EQ yes it sucks, but I have a feeling even after the fix it's still going to kill the power when you engage it to prevent clipping. That is why I love sony and cowon eqs, they don't cut the power when engaged like most do.

Cutting the gain when applying EQ is the proper way to do it. Clipping can be detrimental.

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #1,416 of 2,460
It´s the new "BUBBLE" themes I had chosen.
You should even see the back of the M2s...brilliant :wink:

Ha ha , I should talk I took mine off because it was bugging me. I do like the glass ones but I never attempted to instal one they came pre- installed ( fiio x5 iii ). Anyways glad you have a sense of humour :)

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #1,417 of 2,460
Any one who owns FiiO X5 iii or FiiO X5iii + FiiO A5 Stack can provide some opinion if Shanling M2s can be a bit of an upgrade or same performance (soundstage, detail, seperation etc.) but just different sound signature? (Understand price is higher on the FiiO)?

If both perform same, I am quite interested in selling my FiiO X5 iii to get this as I heard this is even less warm and more treble (clearer) than FiiO X5iii is that correct? Sound more of my preference. Also I am getting semi annoyed by bugs on the FiiO daps. (Own shanling m1 before and was quite happy (just getting painful to scroll through long list of music using that small flat wheel)

Interesting in that FiiO uses AK4490 while shanling M2s uses AK4490EQ, what are the major differences between the two I wonder.

Thanks!

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #1,418 of 2,460
Any one who owns FiiO X5 iii or FiiO X5iii + FiiO A5 Stack can provide some opinion if Shanling M2s can be a bit of an upgrade or same performance (soundstage, detail, seperation etc.) but just different sound signature? (Understand price is higher on the FiiO)?

If both perform same, I am quite interested in selling my FiiO X5 iii to get this as I heard this is even less warm and more treble (clearer) than FiiO X5iii is that correct? Sound more of my preference. Also I am getting semi annoyed by bugs on the FiiO daps. (Own shanling m1 before and was quite happy (just getting painful to scroll through long list of music using that small flat wheel)

Interesting in that FiiO uses AK4490 while shanling M2s uses AK4490EQ, what are the major differences between the two I wonder.

Thanks!

hi, i used x5iii for a week.

x5iii has better soundstage, better bass control and more treble. it also has better layering and micro details.

m2s would be a downgrade but not too much. it has really good sq for a compact size. they have same warm, smooth signature.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #1,419 of 2,460
hi, i used x5iii for a week.

x5iii has better soundstage, better bass control and more treble. it also has better layering and micro details.

m2s would be a downgrade but not too much. it has really good sq for a compact size. they have same warm, smooth signature.

Interesting, forgot where but i read somewhere Fiio's treble smoother than shanling. Thanks for your opinion, more opinion will welcome, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back