Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Jun 19, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #947 of 2,460
Ordered mine 5 days ago from ShenzenAudio, has not been even shipped yet :slight_frown:
I hope my experience was a one-off though and good things are worth waiting for :o2smile:[/QUOT
Ordered mine 5 days ago from ShenzenAudio, has not been even shipped yet :slight_frown:
I hope my experience was a one-off though and good things are worth waiting for :o2smile:

My tracking was way behind, I thought mine didn't even leave China- after about 4 or 5 days and then boom two days later I had it. So hopefully it's the same thing with yours :)

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #950 of 2,460
Do you any of you guys here who have the M2S have an experience with the iBasso DX50? I have been using for DX50 for quite some time now and have been looking to upgrade

I am strongly considering getting the M2S from ShenzenAudio store on Aliexpress cause they offer DHL/Fedex shipping for a minimal fee. Do you any of you have experience ordering from them? Thanks and good day to you all.

I did own several DX50s - form factor, i like the M2s better than the DX50. Built quality, i would say they are at par but the M2s has better finish. In terms of SQ, i'm leaning with the M2s - but the DX50 has a tendency to change SQ depending on the firmware installed. Touch screen versus non-touch screen - it would depend on your preference now, but i did find challenges with the DX50 touchscreen. I just hoped they made the case a bit accessable specially on the buttons part as it may sometimes be challenging to press on the buttons with the case on.

Also had experience with SgenzhenAudio - good support and customer service. Yes, their tracking number might be delayed but your good will still arrive (provided it was not lost in transit)

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #951 of 2,460
I did own several DX50s - form factor, i like the M2s better than the DX50. Built quality, i would say they are at par but the M2s has better finish. In terms of SQ, i'm leaning with the M2s - but the DX50 has a tendency to change SQ depending on the firmware installed. Touch screen versus non-touch screen - it would depend on your preference now, but i did find challenges with the DX50 touchscreen. I just hoped they made the case a bit accessable specially on the buttons part as it may sometimes be challenging to press on the buttons with the case on.

Also had experience with SgenzhenAudio - good support and customer service. Yes, their tracking number might be delayed but your good will still arrive (provided it was not lost in transit)
@karloil big thanks for chiming in. Its true DX50 SQ is different with each FW - the last one is the best (the soundstage in particular). However I use my DX50 mostly with Rockbox - one of the reason is for the shuffle mode which was never fixed in the default Mango player mode - SQ under Rockbox has remained constant. I don't mind non-touchscreen - in fact I use my DX50 mostly with the front buttons. So I will most probably for the M2s as an upgrade for sound quality. Other first hand sound impressions of DX50 vs M2s is most welcome.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #955 of 2,460
Replacement unit will be shipped to MusicDay tomorrow and his unit should be shipped to our team to find out what happened.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 19, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #956 of 2,460
Replacement unit will be shipped to MusicDay tomorrow and his unit should be shipped to our team to find out what happened.
Thank you very much Shanling. You helped me not abandon hope. And you may learn from the crash that happened to my unit, so for future products you develop such mistakes never to happen again.

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #957 of 2,460
My unit has just arrived!! Ordered for 135 euro on ebay :)
Just a little note: I'm also having problems with dac function. Works everything well, but i'm having delay issue (not one second, but it is quite noticed on videos)
Need to know if this is normal or if it is a faulty unit... Thanks in advance :)

Jun 19, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #958 of 2,460
My unit has just arrived!! Ordered for 135 euro on ebay :)
Just a little note: I'm also having problems with dac function. Works everything well, but i'm having delay issue (not one second, but it is quite noticed on videos)
Need to know if this is normal or if it is a faulty unit... Thanks in advance :)
What firmware version are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back