Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Apr 19, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #106 of 2,460
Just wondering, I recently bought the Cayin N3 and so far it's been a very good DAP. One big complaint I have against the N3 is that, apparently, it doesn't support "bit perfect" audio transmission from the USB audio output. This is an important feature for me because because I want an ideal transport for the USB DACs that I own. ¿Will the M2s support "bit perfect" audio output? If so, it will definitely be my next purchase. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #109 of 2,460
when this comes out, it will be tough for me to choose between the M2s and the Cayin N3.

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #110 of 2,460
when this comes out, it will be tough for me to choose between the M2s and the Cayin N3.

Ha ha I have to have them both, this little thing looks dead sexy. And of course I love my N3. They both have the same specs, I just think this would be a better mojo transport.

The build quality looks a bit better too- on the m2s. Probably going to order from aliexpress, which goes through Shenzhenaudio Store. Anyone ever had any experience with this vendor?

Or I can wait till its on amazon, I want the black one.

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #111 of 2,460
Ha ha I have to have them both, this little thing looks dead sexy. And of course I love my N3. 

DAP addiction is rampant around here.  

I'm still happy with my Sansa Clip+, but I went ahead and ordered a FiiO X1-i a few weeks ago, which I'm also happy with...and now I want an N3!

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #113 of 2,460
DAP addiction is rampant around here.  

I'm still happy with my Sansa Clip+, but I went ahead and ordered a FiiO X1-i a few weeks ago, which I'm also happy with...and now I want an N3!

Ha ha I have a rockboxed clip+ that I've had for many years, I'm not even sure how many, 6 or more maybe? And yes it still sounds good for a tiny little box.

I remember the first ipod, and the rio's, and I even had an iaudio (cowon) that had the first 24 bit bus. Samsung, iriver, mpio,creative, sony. I wish I had saved some over the years , I had some really neat units. Yes this is a very addicting hobby :)

Oh btw, I like the sound of the N3 more than fiio's higher end units x3ii, x5iii. I never heard the x1 though. I can't see you not liking the n3.

This would be my first shanling.

Oh and shanling, get Nik (nmatheis) an m2s sample asap so I can watch a vid on its operation :wink:

f'ing auto correction.

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #114 of 2,460
Ha ha I have a rockboxed clip+ that I've had for many years, I'm not even sure how many, 6 or more maybe? And yes it still sounds good for a tiny little box.

I remember the first ipod, and the rio's, and I even had an iaudio (cowon) that had the first 24 bit bus. Samsung, iriver, mpio,creative, sony. I wish I had saved some over the years , I had some really neat units. Yes this is a very addicting hobby
smily_headphones1.gif

I rock boxed my clip+ a few weeks ago.  Love the super-quick startup now.

my first DAP was the first-generation iPod 10-gig.  Loved that thing. Was stolen from my apartment many years ago...

I still have a 5th generation iPod Classic with Video....but the battery only lasts a couple of hours.

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #115 of 2,460
  M2s doesn't support touch screen but the stably OS we have developed for 4 years works quite quickly We believe M2s doesn't need a touch screen.
etysmile.gif

not adding a touch functionality to this beautiful screen seems quite stupid to me. why would you do that? why would you add such a nice display and then handicapping it with the lack of touch input. in my humble opinion your device and the nice ui screams "touch and interact with me through my gorgeous display". maybe i'm in the minority...

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #116 of 2,460
not adding a touch functionality to this beautiful screen seems quite stupid to me. why would you do that? why would you add such a nice display and then handicapping it with the lack of touch input. in my humble opinion your device and the nice ui screams "touch and interact with me through my gorgeous display". maybe i'm in the minority...

Yea that's my only reservation, how fast is it going to be to scroll through thousands of songs with that tiny knob. I hope they at least have a search function. They probably did it to save some $$ on design and manufacturing.

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #117 of 2,460
Yea that's my only reservation, how fast is it going to be to scroll through thousands of songs with that tiny knob. I hope they at least have a search function. They probably did it to save some $$ on design and manufacturing.

yeah, same here. i would definitely pay the extra! right know i'm feeling like i may head back to the hidizs ap200 if it is ever released...

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #118 of 2,460
I rock boxed my clip+ a few weeks ago.  Love the super-quick startup now.

my first DAP was the first-generation iPod 10-gig.  Loved that thing. Was stolen from my apartment many years ago...

I still have a 5th generation iPod Classic with Video....but the battery only lasts a couple of hours.

love the rockbox firmware, the clip sounds much cleaner. And man talk about neutral sounding the first gen ipod was so neutral and heavy lol.

Ok sorry back OT.

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #119 of 2,460
  Don't  worry,the price in UK is also 199USD.I have just check the price of N3  in UK is £149.99,which is very close to 199USD.And M2s has a bigger retina screen and smaller size.
etysmile.gif

Wow thats great that you managed to get it sell the same price.
beerchug.gif

UK and Canada get stung mostly and well Australia i feel bad for you guys. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back