Shanling M1s - Ideal Compact Portable Player
Mar 2, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #902 of 935
I use the M1S at the gym with Shure TW2. The connection over Aptx is horrible, almost unusable with interference, unless I'm holding the unit right in front of my face. But with AAC it's tolerable. Anyone else have interference when using Bluetooth? I previously used the TW2 with a different device with no issues.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #905 of 935
I use the M1S at the gym with Shure TW2. The connection over Aptx is horrible, almost unusable with interference, unless I'm holding the unit right in front of my face. But with AAC it's tolerable. Anyone else have interference when using Bluetooth? I previously used the TW2 with a different device with no issues.
I have the same issues with it, I bought it to try and be able to use some of the better Bluetooth protocols but no luck and also with issues related to "hi-res" volume levelling and not being able to use the EQ then it's just sitting unused at my desk since months, would not have bought it if I'd known.. Useless as a DAP to improve bluetooth from normal e.g. iPhone basic bluetooth or so.. (which was what I wanted).. (e.g. ldap. aptx etc..) much worse than using a samsung android or similar. Wired it could have been good but then the EQ etc limitations (for my music) anything not basic CD "format"..

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #906 of 935
I have the same issues with it, I bought it to try and be able to use some of the better Bluetooth protocols but no luck and also with issues related to "hi-res" volume levelling and not being able to use the EQ then it's just sitting unused at my desk since months, would not have bought it if I'd known.. Useless as a DAP to improve bluetooth from normal e.g. iPhone basic bluetooth or so.. (which was what I wanted).. (e.g. ldap. aptx etc..) much worse than using a samsung android or similar. Wired it could have been good but then the EQ etc limitations (for my music) anything not basic CD "format"..
It's really good for wired earphones in setup like: Spotify (Android with PowerAMP EQ) -> LDAC -> M1s -> Wired IEM/whatever

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #908 of 935
So I assume when i put a micro sd in and scan music from tidal it goes on there or is there still no offline Tidal listening?
There is no offline listening for Tidal.

That is only available on official app, for security reasons.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 11, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #910 of 935
Mar 17, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #911 of 935
I bought an AirFly 3.5mm bluetooth adapter and it let's me use the M1S at the gym without issue. Highly recommend it.

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #912 of 935
Hello, I've dug up my old M0 and see that when I import playlists, the playlists are listed in random order, making it hard to find specific playlists. I'm wondering if this is also the case on the M1s? Thank you!

Edit: I also see that my favourites are listed in alphabetical order rather than in the order I added them. Does this happen on the M1s too?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #914 of 935
How can I perform a hard reset on the M1S when it's not responding?

My device froze on me today, and it remained frozen until its battery had fully drained.
This issue occurred again today. The device remains frozen until its battery drains... and it won't respond to me pressing the power button (no matter how long I press it).

When this happens, is there a workaround to get the device out of its frozen state?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back