Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Feb 11, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #2,311 of 3,480
What exactly are you expecting to gain by using such a device?

I'd be extremely surprised if it does a better job than the internal DAC in the M1 but looking forward to impressions.

I'd agree with peter123 on this one age would be surprised if whatever super cheap DAC they crammed into that adapter would be better than just using M1 headphone out.

That's exactly right as I want to maximize the improvement on sound quality using my vorzamp duo. I have tried both the double amping (IC) and the line out and I beleive there's a big difference and improvement using the line out as shanling output power is not that powerful to drive a some IEM's. I'm still new to this stuff so I might be wrong. I just read from a few pages back that other people are using IC cable and came up with the question whether this idea will work or not. Basically just asking an idea before purchasing the M1. Thanks for your inputs.

What IEM are you using that M1 can't drive properly? M1 has plenty of power to drive IEM in my collection. I might prefer the sound out of an amp, DAC, etc., but that's not because M1 is lacking power. It's because the amp, DAC, etc. gives a different sound signature, increased dynamics, better soundstage, smoother sound, etc.

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #2,312 of 3,480
I'd agree with peter123 on this one age would be surprised if whatever super cheap DAC they crammed into that adapter would be better than just using M1 headphone out.

What IEM are you using that M1 can't drive properly? M1 has plenty of power to drive IEM in my collection. I might prefer the sound out of an amp, DAC, etc., but that's not because M1 is lacking power. It's because the amp, DAC, etc. gives a different sound signature, increased dynamics, better soundstage, smoother sound, etc.

I agree with you and I that's what I really want to say. I don't have an M1 yet and what I said was just an assumption due to my lack of knowledge in this stuff that's why I asked the question whether the usb type c adapter to 3.5mm audio converter plus IC (in my previous post) can give all the positive things you just said rather than just using the IC alone in which only gives double amping effect.

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2,316 of 3,480
Like my m1. Oflficially lower power but sounds good to me

Check out the cayin n3 that is due out soon. Very impressive on paper and I can state that the i5 was a very nice unit

Do you think the N3 will beat the M1? I guess so since the M1 is a senior citizen?

Feb 11, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #2,317 of 3,480
  Hey Guys, do you think this adapter will work as USB DAC with other amp? This adapter and 3.5mm interconnect cable combination? M1 really caught my attention but I don't want to get double amping as I am using Vozamp Duo. I am using the same setup and works perfectly in my Ipod classic 7th gen and Vorzamp Duo as Fiio L-9 is already discontinued. Thanks.

This is a cheaper DAC.  Its not what you want.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #2,318 of 3,480
  I'm going to try and use Singapore Post from now on to Canada, the shipping speed is incredible! :)

You can get the M1 in Canada now from avgearshop.com and I personally would prefer to purchase here vs importing.  This way I know I will get a warranty.

Feb 13, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #2,321 of 3,480
  I'm going to try and use Singapore Post from now on to Canada, the shipping speed is incredible! :)

Mine was coming from Singapore Post and it tooks more than 2 months to get to Montreal, Canada!!!! I was so tired of waiting that I bid on a used M1 and won the bid.....after more than 2 months my other M1 came in....and now I have 2!!!!! By the way, I kept it unopened, box sealed M1 so if anyone are interested, you can contact me!!!!

Feb 13, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #2,322 of 3,480

Mine was coming from Singapore Post and it tooks more than 2 months to get to Montreal, Canada!!!! I was so tired of waiting that I bid on a used M1 and won the bid.....after more than 2 months my other M1 came in....and now I have 2!!!!! By the way, I kept it unopened, box sealed M1 so if anyone are interested, you can contact me!!!!

Too bad. :frowning2: Maybe it depends on the seller then? Maybe that seller sat on your device in their country or maybe their is different shipping options even when using SP.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #2,324 of 3,480
Probably not the sellers fault. I have read a few posts, where the M1 spent a few weeks waiting for Canadian customs to process it.

That's terrible that it took Canada Customs more than a few listens just to enjoy the M1 enough to allow it into the country. :wink:

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #2,325 of 3,480
has anyone tried the shanling M1 with Grado headphones?!

i currently have FiiO x3ii, which sound great with all my other headphones expect Grado ( gets more hot in upper frequency than usual)

i have been thinking of getting shanling M1 as i like its aptx bluetooth feature..however no line out is a concern..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back