Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Feb 6, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #2,251 of 3,480
  I really think it's incredible how much it packs into such a small form factor; Shanling really did good with this one 
smily_headphones1.gif

yeah... price to performance ratio is really good.. good job Shanling...

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #2,252 of 3,480
I currently own a DX90 and Fiio X3 (Gen 1), one is really good in details and one is warmer and fun sounding. How would the M1 stack up / compare against them? Been hearing the good reviews about this small beast, got me interested!

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #2,254 of 3,480
I currently own a DX90 and Fiio X3 (Gen 1), one is really good in details and one is warmer and fun sounding. How would the M1 stack up / compare against them? Been hearing the good reviews about this small beast, got me interested!

Technicality, dx90 is far better than m1... but m1 can head to head with fiio x3ii, sq wise. M1 has fun and energetic sound. Also m1 is very versatile, more compact, and has nice UI.

But that 2 player is more powerful than m1.. hope this help :)

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #2,257 of 3,480
  Any Canadians looking to get a M1?
AVGearShop.com has them listed for $199 CAD

Huh, they were suppose to email me when they got them in stock.  So about $50.00 more than the X1-II.

They also sell on ebay.ca under avgearshop and often for a lower price than in store.  They were selling the Q1 at one point for $10.00 less on ebay than in store.  I checked and they don't have the M1 on ebay yet but they may at some point.

Their store is about a 30 minute drive from me so I might do a demo at some point.  

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #2,258 of 3,480
  Huh, they were suppose to email me when they got them in stock.  So about $50.00 more than the X1-II.

They also sell on ebay.ca under avgearshop and often for a lower price than in store.  They were selling the Q1 at one point for $10.00 less on ebay than in store.  I checked and they don't have the M1 on ebay yet but they may at some point.

Their store is about a 30 minute drive from me so I might do a demo at some point.  

I just saw them listed on their website so I have no idea if they have any in stock. I'm just happy somebody in Canada is selling Shanling products

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #2,259 of 3,480
  I just saw them listed on their website so I have no idea if they have any in stock. I'm just happy somebody in Canada is selling Shanling products

They emailed me about two weeks ago and gave me an eta of two weeks on stock.  The site says available for local pickup and it lets you add to the shopping cart without any kind of availability warning.  Normally it would say "coming soon" if they didn't have stock.

You could try and email them to be sure, they usually respond pretty quickly.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #2,260 of 3,480
Just did a quick search for HRT microstreamer in the thread case it came up. Nope.

The HRT microstreamer is a pretty natural-sounding entry-level DAC using a segmented current source TI PCM 1793 chip and I wonder if any M1 owner that has had extensive time with the HRT MStreamer is also finding that they are similar sounding ?

I might replace my phone hardware chain that is having issues with UAPP for this much simpler unit + a small amp.

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #2,261 of 3,480
Hi guys

I may be (probably) repeating a request but I'm struggling to find a definitive answer.

I apparently received my Chord Mojo this morning (I say apparently as I work away from home 4 days of the week) and realised I haven't ordered a cable to make it work with the M1. Where can I order a cable from that I can receive ultra-quickly (within the next couple of days ideally) in the UK? A link would be fantastic.

As I mentioned, I work away from home so my window to get things sorted is always small :frowning2:

Thanks in advance!
James

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #2,262 of 3,480
  Hi guys

I may be (probably) repeating a request but I'm struggling to find a definitive answer.

I apparently received my Chord Mojo this morning (I say apparently as I work away from home 4 days of the week) and realised I haven't ordered a cable to make it work with the M1. Where can I order a cable from that I can receive ultra-quickly (within the next couple of days ideally) in the UK? A link would be fantastic.

As I mentioned, I work away from home so my window to get things sorted is always small :frowning2:

Thanks in advance!
James

Maplin stock one if you can get to  a branch     http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/belkin-usb-20-c-to-microb-18m-a24ua?cmpid=ppc&gclid=CjwKEAiAoOvEBRDD25uyu9Lg9ycSJAD0cnByIOjjJYtXI6j23xOYIYGoiDwIZv1B2YbnUhh8ggq3wBoCRxXw_wcB

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #2,263 of 3,480
  Maplin stock one if you can get to  a branch     http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/belkin-usb-20-c-to-microb-18m-a24ua?cmpid=ppc&gclid=CjwKEAiAoOvEBRDD25uyu9Lg9ycSJAD0cnByIOjjJYtXI6j23xOYIYGoiDwIZv1B2YbnUhh8ggq3wBoCRxXw_wcB

Cheers mate! That's a backup if I can't find anything else.

Ideally I'd like something shorter and available mail order but I can get to Maplin on Saturday if needs be
regular_smile .gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #2,264 of 3,480
before i pull the trigger and buy...

does the m1 browse by folder with album art ?

i think all my music is in the root of an sd card, album by folder with the music inside and a jpg of album art/cover

thanks

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,265 of 3,480
before i pull the trigger and buy...

does the m1 browse by folder with album art ?

i think all my music is in the root of an sd card, album by folder with the music inside and a jpg of album art/cover

thanks

From what I've seen, no it doesn't (to part B of your question).

It does browse by Folder (as well as Album, Genre, and Artist), but neither the Folder nor the Album view show album art as you scroll through.

If you would like that as a feature, you could always request it by specifically explaining the desired feature (and making sure you state it's a feature request) and tagging your post with "@Shanling". I don't know if that would be terribly hard to implement, but they could answer that better than I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back