Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Oct 19, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #796 of 3,480
I really want to try one of these too. The only thing putting me off is the rubbish UK exchange rate thanks to Brexit. I'm really wishing they'd have another referendum so we can all change our minds or at least vote this time!

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #797 of 3,480
FYI, I'm using a Samsung 256GB microSD and it works well. The 8000 limit is only when using the database. Folder browsing won't have that limit. The beta firmware works fine with Hugo ( I assume the same with Mojo). Some minor bugs remain but nothing gets in the way once you hit the play button.

However, the supplied cable doesn't work. You need to get a USB-C to micro-USB OTG cable. At this point, the M1 is as usuable as any DAP out there.

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #798 of 3,480
How does it sound as a stand alone? And can you add playlist?
FYI, I'm using a Samsung 256GB microSD and it works well. The 8000 limit is only when using the database. Folder browsing won't have that limit. The beta firmware works fine with Hugo ( I assume the same with Mojo). Some minor bugs remain but nothing gets in the way once you hit the play button.

However, the supplied cable doesn't work. You need to get a USB-C to micro-USB OTG cable. At this point, the M1 is as usuable as any DAP out there.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #799 of 3,480
How does it sound as a stand alone? And can you add playlist?

I have only compared it with Hugo so far using NT-6 and Sakura+. M1 sounds similar to my ears. The only difference obvious for me is that Hugo is a bit lean and tighter in bass. Has a bit more rumble and hit harder as well. M1 seems a bit loose but so far the comparison is sighted. The difference I perceived may be closer than I thought.

As for playlist I'm not sure you can add one but you can create your favorite list.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #802 of 3,480
Sad fact with a lot of Chinese DAPs, unfortunately.

Just got my mojo today, so I'll prolly try with M1 tonight. So sad that I had to take one for the team and buy mojo solely to test with M1
wink.gif

I took one already !

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #803 of 3,480
Thanks. That's the mystery
I have only compared it with Hugo so far using NT-6 and Sakura+. M1 sounds similar to my ears. The only difference obvious for me is that Hugo is a bit lean and tighter in bass. Has a bit more rumble and hit harder as well. M1 seems a bit loose but so far the comparison is sighted. The difference I perceived may be closer than I thought.

As for playlist I'm not sure you can add one but you can create your favorite list.

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #809 of 3,480
  I am crazier than this even (I don't know why I am obsessing on this cable, I do have a job and a family :D).

I am going to try a combo of these:

Lol, if only sysconcept can do the same for USB as they can with optical cables we don't need to be obsessed with the cable.

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #810 of 3,480
This player is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm just gonna wait a little bit to read a few more impressions especially with mojo. I'm sure very soon they will be available on eBay for us in the UK to purchase one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back