Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Feb 13, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #3,196 of 3,480
Thanks for info and contact. I understand software limitations. Maybe future will allow to add some non-music features.

I for one appreciate the singular focus on music of great quality in a small package with an uncluttered UI. In my experience, the more functionality you add beyond core function (music!), the slower the unit responds and with increased potential for glitches.

Auto-shutoff is of course different, not a "bell and whistle" but a way to extend battery life so the music can play on. But please leave the games and books to the smartphones, e-readers etc...

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #3,197 of 3,480
I for one appreciate the singular focus on music of great quality in a small package with an uncluttered UI. In my experience, the more functionality you add beyond core function (music!), the slower the unit responds and with increased potential for glitches.

Auto-shutoff is of course different, not a "bell and whistle" but a way to extend battery life so the music can play on. But please leave the games and books to the smartphones, e-readers etc...

Aaaaand there's super fast Rockbox with plenty of features :D But HiBy is very close to Rockbox in terms of usage comfort.

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #3,202 of 3,480
Rockbox has many more features than "High-Bye" does.

Yeah and it also looks as if it's from the last century.....

Seriously, can't understand how someone would consider that as an option to what the M1 does. Each to their own.....

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #3,204 of 3,480
If all you care about is the sound, Peter, then the Rockbox interface is just fine. I HATE the Android interface on a music player. What a waste!

It's 2018, it shouldn't be necessary for one to exclude the other (and neither is it in my experience). From my experience with Rockbox it doesn't do anything better than Android but look and user experience is worthless. Once again I just can't understand why someone would voluntarily use Rockbox.

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #3,208 of 3,480
No insult intended but you sound very young and that you don't know what you're talking about.

Good luck.

No insult but you come across as something I can't write here without risking a reprimand.

A suggestion (if you'd like to be taken seriously) would be to stop bitchig about your M1 and yet refuse to return it.

You may also want to fill out your personal information so that we can see what gear you've got and has experience with but then again the trolls never does.......

Good luck

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #3,210 of 3,480
C'mon, guys...just let go. No need to get Mods involved in the thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back