Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Oct 27, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #2,988 of 3,480
Unfortunately no. If it did it would be nearly perfect as a small pecker sized DAP for me.

It's a limitation of the BT chip and I hope a future M1S would rectify this sometime in the future.

Over in the Cayin N3 thread, Andy Kong mentioned that Cayin has been looking for a Bluetooth MCU chip that can do both aptX Transmit, and aptX Receive - and they haven't found one yet.

When / if Qualcomm builds one, then both Cayin and Shanling will probably start using it.

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #2,989 of 3,480
Over in the Cayin N3 thread, Andy Kong mentioned that Cayin has been looking for a Bluetooth MCU chip that can do both aptX Transmit, and aptX Receive - and they haven't found one yet.

When / if Qualcomm builds one, then both Cayin and Shanling will probably start using it.

Let's hope one comes out, that would make a truly portable wireless transport.

Oct 27, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #2,990 of 3,480

Let's hope one comes out, that would make a truly portable wireless transport.

If it in an updated M1 form factor (M1s maybe), I'd be interested.

Please Shanling, Oh pretty please!

Oct 29, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2,992 of 3,480
Does anyone make a similar cable that isn't solid gold so doesn't cost $25 or more?
The closest thing I could find was these, but non seem to come with USB type C are are more expensive:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pure-Soli...-USB-interconnect-cable-Android-/182263160319

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-...&sd=182263160319&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10CM-Min...&sd=182263160319&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

https://penonaudio.com/Mini-USB-to-USB-2.0-Pure-Silver-Cable

So as far as I have been able to find it either this (if you want cheap as possible):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Left-A...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Or the Shanling L2 cable. I think the Shanling L2 has some advantages for being used as a transport cable which may make it easier and more durable for such use (also better looking). If it worth the extra over the above cable is up to you. Compared to other audio cables I think the Shanling is not crazy over priced, though I do wish it was a little cheaper.

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #2,993 of 3,480
The closest thing I could find was these,...

Or the Shanling L2 cable. I think the Shanling L2 has some advantages for being used as a transport cable which may make it easier and more durable for such use (also better looking). If it worth the extra over the above cable is up to you. Compared to other audio cables I think the Shanling is not crazy over priced, though I do wish it was a little cheaper.
Thanks. I tried Amazon and eBay and couldn't find anything. Copied and pasted the description from your UK listing and searched on the USA website and found similarly priced ones. The Shanling is 4x the price. Perhaps if I've used this cheap one, once it arrives from China, and like the physical setup I'll splurge for the more expensive cable.

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #2,994 of 3,480
Thanks. I tried Amazon and eBay and couldn't find anything. Copied and pasted the description from your UK listing and searched on the USA website and found similarly priced ones. The Shanling is 4x the price. Perhaps if I've used this cheap one, once it arrives from China, and like the physical setup I'll splurge for the more expensive cable.

When I click on the UK link it takes me to the us site with price in USD, not sure how it worked for you. Just double check the length I suck it get one several inches longer than you wanted..

If stacking the Shanling cable should be more flexible and easier to deal with and stress the cable less, that why I'd like to eventually have one.

Oct 29, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #2,996 of 3,480
When I click on the UK link it takes me to the us site with price in USD, not sure how it worked for you. Just double check the length I suck it get one several inches longer than you wanted..

If stacking the Shanling cable should be more flexible and easier to deal with and stress the cable less, that why I'd like to eventually have one.
I actually have a valid eBay UK account that I use for some purchases but since I'm in the US I prefer going through the US eBay site if possible. Saves me a double currency conversion, in this case HK $ to £ to US $, when looking at the price. But I looked for the same seller you'd found and decided to get both a 4" and 6" length cable since they were cheap.

Oct 30, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #2,997 of 3,480
i just received m1... and stock otg cable do not fit sony pha3. normally microUSB plug in till it click securing connection.
stock cable connectors is too huge, part of metal stick out but connector go in a bit... and nothing happens to device when i plug it to pha3. would shanling l2 fix it?
is there an alternative? it is left-engled but i would prefer to get right-angled cable instead or atleast straight due to placement of microUSB port on device.

Oct 30, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #2,999 of 3,480
Because it's not micro USB. It's USB-C. That's the new connection standard moving forward. You would need an adapter or micro USB to USB-C cable.
WHAT? why... why did you do/write THAT? have you ever checked m1 package?
so rude.

m1 comes with:
1. type-c <-> type-c otg cable
2. micro-usb <-> type-c otg cable
3. usb <-> type-c data/charging cable

so i tried to use micro-usb to type-c otg cable and micro-usb connector is bigger then we normally have on devices (fits other microUSB devices but not PHA3).

Oct 30, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #3,000 of 3,480
WHAT? why... why did you do/write THAT? have you ever checked m1 package?
so rude.

m1 comes with:
1. type-c <-> type-c otg cable
2. micro-usb <-> type-c otg cable
3. usb <-> type-c data/charging cable

so i tried to use micro-usb to type-c otg cable and micro-usb connector is bigger then we normally have on devices (fits other microUSB devices but not PHA3).
My M1 came with just 1 cable: a USB Type-A to Type-C for charging and data transfer. Maybe paddler57 only got the one cable as well. I doubt he was trying to be rude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back