Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Jan 3, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #1,836 of 3,480
Shanling M1 is the official nmatheis Find Of The Year for 2016 in the entry-level DAP category!

Can you please let me know what your budget and mid-fi DAP picks for 2017 are? :) :wink:

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #1,837 of 3,480
Hello! 
Recently bought Shanling M1
Firmware 1.10
I downloaded from your site firmware 1.11
The firmware is not updated. The whole process it freezes on the splash screen and no further go. What should I do?

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,838 of 3,480
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:
  Hello! 
Recently bought Shanling M1
Firmware 1.10
I downloaded from your site firmware 1.11
The firmware is not updated. The whole process it freezes on the splash screen and no further go. What should I do?

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #1,839 of 3,480
Can you please let me know what your budget and mid-fi DAP picks for 2017 are? :) :wink:

For me, M1 is a budget / entry-level DAP. I did just order Walnut to play with, but that obviously won't be a 2016 Find.

For mid-tier DAPs, I chose Shanling M5 and thebit Opus #1. I think they're equally good but did different reasons. Check either thread, and you'll see my posts with a bit more detailed response. I can elaborate as needed.

For a more minimalist experience, I chose Teriplayer G1 DAP + Nuansa A1 amp. It lacks a screen abs comes in the same enclosure as Walnut. Really impressive SQ but needs fw improvements. Experienced guys I let try G1 at RMAF thought it should cost around $400 rather than the $180 I paid for it. I could've sold it on the spot, lol!

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #1,844 of 3,480
For me, M1 is a budget / entry-level DAP. I did just order Walnut to play with, but that obviously won't be a 2016 Find.

For mid-tier DAPs, I chose Shanling M5 and thebit Opus #1. I think they're equally good but did different reasons. Check either thread, and you'll see my posts with a bit more detailed response. I can elaborate as needed.

For a more minimalist experience, I chose Teriplayer G1 DAP + Nuansa A1 amp. It lacks a screen abs comes in the same enclosure as Walnut. Really impressive SQ but needs fw improvements. Experienced guys I let try G1 at RMAF thought it should cost around $400 rather than the $180 I paid for it. I could've sold it on the spot, lol!

I don't think that you saw the "2017" in my query! But that's okay, because I'm happy to see your 2016 picks summary - thanks dude! Do any one of those syngergize particularly well with your "2016 headphone pick" (aka NH's)? 

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #1,845 of 3,480
I don't think that you saw the "2017" in my query! But that's okay, because I'm happy to see your 2016 picks summary - thanks dude! Do any one of those syngergize particularly well with your "2016 headphone pick" (aka NH's)? 

Even though this is a Shanling thread, and it's known to all his much I love my M5...

For Nighthawks, I'd recommend the Opus #1 for most people. It's less relaxed sound will provide a bit more excitement to the Nighthawks listening experience. If you can swing it, LPG is amazing with Nighthawks. That's moving up the DAP food chain quite a bit, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back