Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Dec 29, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #1,821 of 3,480
Want something that can play music and sounds the best... has a good UI too and can skip songs without going onto the screen

"Sounds the best" is too vague, bro. What type of sound do you like? Warm? Cool? What are you driving? IEM? Full-size cans?

I made a video of the UI. Go to my YouTube channel. It's linked in my signature. You can see if the UI suits you.

Yes, you can change volume, play/pause, skip songs with the screen off.

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #1,822 of 3,480
Dec 29, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #1,823 of 3,480
"Sounds the best" is too vague, bro. What type of sound do you like? Warm? Cool? What are you driving? IEM? Full-size cans?

I made a video of the UI. Go to my YouTube channel. It's linked in my signature. You can see if the UI suits you.

Yes, you can change volume, play/pause, skip songs with the screen off.

I don't even know what sound I like, but I like to hear more detail and less congestion (like instruments being muddled) - currently driving Full Size cans.. 

What would be good

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #1,824 of 3,480
I don't even know what sound I like, but I like to hear more detail and less congestion (like instruments being muddled) - currently driving Full Size cans.. 

What would be good

What's your budget? I'm thinking something like the Shanling M2 might be a better choice for you.

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #1,827 of 3,480
Is there a way to make it play the last song on startup? Its a pain having to select files each time I turn the M1 on.

Resume can be enabled in music settings, but this may not work with some µSD cards.

What a µSD card do you use? Try another size/brand.

Working resume:
Sandisk 32GB
Sandisk 128GB

Not working resume:
Samsung 128GB
Kingston 32GB

Btw.: I'm not an employee of Sandisk. On the contrary I boycotted Sandisk products until today because of Sandisk's extremly poor customer support. But if their SD cards were the only known as working for my applications...

Dec 31, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #1,828 of 3,480
Fully working on M1 incl. resume function:

256 GB Kingston Ultimate SDXC card
512 GB Kingston Ultimate SDXC card

More details here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/816385/shanling-m1-an-ipod-nano-competitor-dap-usb-dac-usb-transport-bluetooth-4-0-aptx-dsd/1620#post_13050516

I formatted these cards before on my Android phone to FAT32 (which used by default), because the used cluster size/settings are perfect right and are working on any device I've tried so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back