Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Dec 22, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #1,787 of 3,480
I'm in w10 and 0 problems. Maybe there is a problem with other sound card, old sounds cards cause troubles in w10.
Maybe the cable too, the usb type C of the shanling there isn't a 3.1 or 3.0, is only usb 2.0 with the new plug typeC

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #1,788 of 3,480
Guys,
I have just ordered one from zococity.es (it was a bit cheaper on aliexpress, but I didn't want to wait for a month to get it delivered).
I hope that the guys running the site are correct and that the package will arrive before New Year. I also hope
that the M1 is as good as everyone here is saying :)

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #1,789 of 3,480
Double or maybe triple Good news.  

One:  I purchased a USB type C OTG adaptor with a female USB A termination.  I did not get 100% recognition of the cable; but when it was recognized it worked just fine with my 256gb PNY usb stick.  So now I have an option for OTG in addition to my FIIO X3 II.  The FIIO is still running firmware 1.4 just so I can have a DAP with OTG.

Two:  I purchased an updated Apple CCK with USB 3.0 and the ability to be externally powered.  And yeehaw! I am now able to use the M1 as a DAC for the iphone.   I had previously tried my older CCK with no luck.  Oh, I am indeed feeding power from a USB power brick into the CCK.

Three:  The new Apple CCK also works with my M2.

I had tried one of these revised CCK units a while back with no luck.    I have no idea why this one is working but I'll take it.  And by the way I do not need to use my trick involving the "cute" brand USB splitter.  That trick made the old CCK work with my FIIO X3II but never worked with the Shanlings.

The X3II may be a bit lonely now that I have the Shanlings rocking out.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #1,791 of 3,480
Double or maybe triple Good news.  

One:  I purchased a USB type C OTG adaptor with a female USB A termination.  I did not get 100% recognition of the cable; but when it was recognized it worked just fine with my 256gb PNY usb stick.  So now I have an option for OTG in addition to my FIIO X3 II.  The FIIO is still running firmware 1.4 just so I can have a DAP with OTG.

Two:  I purchased an updated Apple CCK with USB 3.0 and the ability to be externally powered.  And yeehaw! I am now able to use the M1 as a DAC for the iphone.   I had previously tried my older CCK with no luck.  Oh, I am indeed feeding power from a USB power brick into the CCK.

Three:  The new Apple CCK also works with my M2.

I had tried one of these revised CCK units a while back with no luck.    I have no idea why this one is working but I'll take it.  And by the way I do not need to use my trick involving the "cute" brand USB splitter.  That trick made the old CCK work with my FIIO X3II but never worked with the Shanlings.

The X3II may be a bit lonely now that I have the Shanlings rocking out.

We'll have to meet up again to try the M1 with the Mojo.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #1,793 of 3,480
Andy, always fun to catch up with you.  Love to do it.

Nik, is there any special cable needed for the M1 to Mojo connection?  Or can I brute force it with a portable USB hub and various cables?  That USB type C creates a new class of issues.

Andy usually has a variety of cables available also.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #1,794 of 3,480
Andy, always fun to catch up with you.  Love to do it.

Nik, is there any special cable needed for the M1 to Mojo connection?  Or can I brute force it with a portable USB hub and various cables?  That USB type C creates a new class of issues.

Andy usually has a variety of cables available also.

I do have one that I'd like to try and have never used.

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,798 of 3,480
my m1 arrived today. nice ui, premium build quality and nice sq for it's dimensions. compared to hidizs ap100, m1 has more mid centric sound, less micro details and blurry layering. not gigantic gap but critic listening reveals them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back