Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Dec 19, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #1,771 of 3,480
Hey guys I have a few questions:

1. Can it work as an external sound card?
2. Does it need any additional drivers to work as an external sound card or it's plug and play?
3. If so have you tried it on an android device/ iPhone?
4. How does the sound compare against Fiio X3 2nd gen / X1 2nd Gen?
5. Is the driving power enough for 60 ohm headphones (ue6000)?
6. From what I see you can use it for a Bluetooth receiver. Does it work with aptx?
7. How do you find the stereo separation?
8. Does it take a long time to change the volume level (a lot of scrolling) ?

Sorry if some of the questions sound dumb/can be answered by looking at the specs but I need a concrete
answer from an owner of the device. I've just sold my Sony NWZ-A15 and I am looking for either a new player/dac or
just a DAC (Shanling UP/Fiio K1 /LG HiFi Plus etc.) with at least the same quality as the sony.

1- yes It works
2- yes, on shanling web
3- yes i've tried in a galaxys6 and redmi note 3 Pro and works both
4- the dac is little more advantatge than x1 but unaudible(for me :) )
5- i'm sure thats enough, he outputs 35mW.
6-yes aptx and bidireccional bluetooth
7- i'm think had a nice separation
8-take a little bit maybe but.nothing horrible

Sorry for my english!
Hope this help you!

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #1,772 of 3,480
1- yes It works
2- yes, on shanling web
3- yes i've tried in a galaxys6 and redmi note 3 Pro and works both
4- the dac is little more advantatge than x1 but unaudible(for me
smily_headphones1.gif
)
5- i'm sure thats enough, he outputs 35mW.
6-yes aptx and bidireccional bluetooth
7- i'm think had a nice separation
8-take a little bit maybe but.nothing horrible

Sorry for my english!
Hope this help you!

Thank you for responding to all my questions. I might buy it really soon :)

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #1,773 of 3,480
Blue one in stock on amazon uk fulfilled now.  Thing is it's £140 including free delivery or £105 if ordering from zococity.es!  Still if people prefer the ease of amazon then it's another option. 

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #1,780 of 3,480
I do not think of the M2 as dark either.   If anything, a tad bright or warm though I think of it as open and clear sounding.  

I do not really have an opinion yet on the M1 as I just received it but so far its a nice listen.   My preliminary thinking is that the M2 is a notch above but that is to be expected.

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #1,781 of 3,480
I do not think of the M2 as dark either.   If anything, a tad bright or warm though I think of it as open and clear sounding.  

I do not really have an opinion yet on the M1 as I just received it but so far its a nice listen.   My preliminary thinking is that the M2 is a notch above but that is to be expected.

I haven't given the two a comparative listen yet, but I'd guess the M2 has tighter bass and smoother treble vs M1. I'm also betting M2 has improved soundstage vs M1. Maybe someone will prove me wrong, though?

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #1,784 of 3,480
Here's an odd tale of Shanling Software Drivers -

From the Shanling M1 web page, I downloaded the Firmware updates (1.10 & 1.11), and the USB Driver, to my Win 7 Pro PC.
For both M1s (mine & my Dad's), I was able to uncompress and place the Firmware updates on the DAPs, and update them without any issues.
It did seem as though the 1.11 update fixed the issue of the M1 powering ON whenever the USB cable was plugged in for charging.

The installation of the USB Driver fails on Win 7 Pro.

Fast forward to Today - I'm on holiday at my Dad's house, where I'm connecting his M1 to his Laptop (Dell Inspiron 17 7000 w/Win 10 (64-bit) & BitDefender Internet Security).

This morning, I downloaded & installed the USB Driver on his Win 10 Laptop, and the software installed without failing.

HOWEVER - After installing the Shanling USB Driver, the WiFi adapter seemed to be flakey (intermittently dropping Internet access, when the Hot-Spot is ~15-ft away, and it was working just fine).  The really weird thing is, with the Shanling USB Driver installed, the only browser that would connect to the Internet was MS Edge (Firefox, Chrome, & Opera all time out / don't connect), and Edge will not connect to Google / GMail (it times out).  As soon as I unstalled the Shanling USB Driver, I launched Chrome, and it immediately opened the GMail Login screen... 
blink.gif

The Inspiron 17 7000 has a USB-C port, so I connected the M1 wih a USB-C<->USB-C v3.1 cable, and the DAP keeps powering ON when the cable is connected to the PC.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #1,785 of 3,480

Can't get over how tiny this little thing is. Cutie pie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back