Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Oct 21, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #6,362 of 6,413
Shanling, my long lost love...

My volume wheel on the M0 no longer works, is it possible to get a software update to be able to use the software to change the volume?

I understand if you don't do it... :wink:
Perfect timing for the new M0 Pro

Oct 22, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #6,363 of 6,413
Oct 22, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #6,364 of 6,413
Perfect timing for the new M0 Pro
Please please PLEASE @Shanling can you sort out audiobook and podcast playing from the start this time? Rather than it being on the Never Never/partly done then not really?

As I said back in this thread many years ago, massive audience for podcasts and audiobooks - even more now, and it's growing and really confused why podcasts didn't get any special love re: resume and play speed on DAPs - resume never worked that well for long files with the M0. Sony is the only one that really does it on a few devices - unless new recent devices have changed that. Not a fan of Sony cos of their closed system approach.

Reason I ask is now no iPod, Apple discontinued it, so unless you go with storing everything in your phone, there are limited DAPs that do podcasting as good as an iPod. I still use my 7th Gen every day cos of that.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #6,365 of 6,413
Please please PLEASE @Shanling can you sort out audiobook and podcast playing from the start this time? Rather than it being on the Never Never/partly done then not really?

As I said back in this thread many years ago, massive audience for podcasts and audiobooks - even more now, and it's growing and really confused why podcasts didn't get any special love re: resume and play speed on DAPs - resume never worked that well for long files with the M0. Sony is the only one that really does it on a few devices - unless new recent devices have changed that. Not a fan of Sony cos of their closed system approach.

Reason I ask is now no iPod, Apple discontinued it, so unless you go with storing everything in your phone, there are limited DAPs that do podcasting as good as an iPod. I still use my 7th Gen every day cos of that.
I don't know about resume, but play speed is an option (at least with the files I use anyhow). I know this because I accidentally changed it one time, and starting singing along with a song, that was WAY too fast, which is when I finally figured it out. :wink:

Oct 23, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #6,366 of 6,413
We had to wait 2-3 years to get that - check this thread!

But resume for podcasts usually doesn't work, I check with my own podcasts, it's not 100% reliable like iPod Nano is. It quite often forgets.

Also I think they never supported some of the audiobook formats?

Oct 23, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #6,367 of 6,413
Shanling, my long lost love...

My volume wheel on the M0 no longer works, is it possible to get a software update to be able to use the software to change the volume?

I understand if you don't do it... :wink:

No plans to add this.

If you need a replacement wheel, it's available through Linsoul: https://www.linsoul.com/blogs/announcements/shanling-audio-repair-services-at-linsoul-audio

Software team had clear feedback from us on inclusion of Audiobooks/podcasts. At this time there is so far no change in it.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 22, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #6,368 of 6,413
@Shanling can you help me out please? Does USB > BT Transmitter work on the M0?

I have the latest FW 3.6 installed on the M0 - I pair it with my Airpods pro via bluetooth, then i plug it into my Macbook (it goes into usb dac mode), however when I play music on my computer the M0 doesn't transmit the signal to my Airpods Pro. I also tested with Chord Poly - M0 acting as USB > bluetooth transmitter to it, no Audio comes out. Then I tried my Iphone 13 with usb to the M0 as BT transmitter, still no luck. I tested the M0 standalone playing local music and it works fine then as BT transmitter... has pc > usb > M0 > bluetooth transmit feature been taken out?

Dec 22, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #6,369 of 6,413
@Shanling can you help me out please? Does USB > BT Transmitter work on the M0?

I have the latest FW 3.6 installed on the M0 - I pair it with my Airpods pro via bluetooth, then i plug it into my Macbook (it goes into usb dac mode), however when I play music on my computer the M0 doesn't transmit the signal to my Airpods Pro. I also tested with Chord Poly - M0 acting as USB > bluetooth transmitter to it, no Audio comes out. Then I tried my Iphone 13 with usb to the M0 as BT transmitter, still no luck. I tested the M0 standalone playing local music and it works fine then as BT transmitter... has pc > usb > M0 > bluetooth transmit feature been taken out?
No, we made no change to this function.

just to be sure, your M0 works fine as Bluetooth transmitter when playing from MicroSD card to these devices, right?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 22, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #6,370 of 6,413
No, we made no change to this function.

just to be sure, your M0 works fine as Bluetooth transmitter when playing from MicroSD card to these devices, right?

Yes it works fine as transmitter in standalone mode.

Just some more detailed steps from my side perhaps I’m missing something :

1.on M0 I go to settings/Bluetooth and connect to my BT AirPods or Poly - it then says “connected” on M0 below the device name

2. Then I plug in my usb cable and to my computer. M0 goes into DAC mode and displays the bitrate only - there is no status bar or anything wlse

3. My computer selected the m0 as output and I play music, no sound comes out of the Bluetooth device

4. I test with wires headphones the m0 in case it outputting audio on its 3.5mm - but nothing

5. I then go back on m0 disconnect Bluetooth and usb and reconnect to pc and test audio out, it’s working fine on 3.5mm jack

6. I test Bluetooth only with local sd file on m0, works fine on bt headphones

7. I repeat above steps but with iPhone now as audio source, same problems

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #6,371 of 6,413
Yes it works fine as transmitter in standalone mode.

Just some more detailed steps from my side perhaps I’m missing something :

1.on M0 I go to settings/Bluetooth and connect to my BT AirPods or Poly - it then says “connected” on M0 below the device name

2. Then I plug in my usb cable and to my computer. M0 goes into DAC mode and displays the bitrate only - there is no status bar or anything wlse

3. My computer selected the m0 as output and I play music, no sound comes out of the Bluetooth device

4. I test with wires headphones the m0 in case it outputting audio on its 3.5mm - but nothing

5. I then go back on m0 disconnect Bluetooth and usb and reconnect to pc and test audio out, it’s working fine on 3.5mm jack

6. I test Bluetooth only with local sd file on m0, works fine on bt headphones

7. I repeat above steps but with iPhone now as audio source, same problems
Have you tried to hook up USB DAC mode first, then hook up BT?

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #6,374 of 6,413
I am listening to my Hifiman Deva in this manner now, and it works great (for me). I am hooked via USB-A to USB-C cable from my laptop to the M0, then BT (LDAC) to the Deva.

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #6,375 of 6,413
I am listening to my Hifiman Deva in this manner now, and it works great (for me). I am hooked via USB-A to USB-C cable from my laptop to the M0, then BT (LDAC) to the Deva.
Windows laptop? Can you provide the steps you take to get this working please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back