Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Apr 20, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #5,971 of 6,418
Apr 20, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #5,972 of 6,418
If you find a CHEAP (sub-$100) audio player that is well suited for audiobooks and podcasts - let us know!
I also wanted a dedicated player just for spoken word (audiobooks AND podcasts)... For that purpose, I do not really care about sound quality, but other than automatically saving position in each track - I would also want easy way to skip forward (15 or 30 seconds for example) and change speed (say 1.1x, 1.2x).
ipod nano or touch previous gen or refurb I would of thought.

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #5,973 of 6,418
ipod nano or touch previous gen or refurb I would of thought.
I thought about that, but I think I would have to use iTunes for loading podcasts and audiobooks to the player. right? Big negative IMHO.
(sorry, I know it is M0 thread and I took it off-topic)

Apr 20, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #5,974 of 6,418
If you find a CHEAP (sub-$100) audio player that is well suited for audiobooks and podcasts - let us know!
I also wanted a dedicated player just for spoken word (audiobooks AND podcasts)... For that purpose, I do not really care about sound quality, but other than automatically saving position in each track - I would also want easy way to skip forward (15 or 30 seconds for example) and change speed (say 1.1x, 1.2x).
Why not a smart phone?

Apr 20, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #5,975 of 6,418
Why not a smart phone?
That is what I have been doing!
Was hoping for a device with long battery life that would be dedicated...
Honestly, due to work from home, and lack of travel - not really a concern anymore :wink:

Sorry for derailing the M0 thread... let's go back for M0 discussion.

Apr 24, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #5,979 of 6,418
Hey @Shanling , I'm sorry if you answered this elsewhere but for the SyncLink function, are there any plans to bring this feature to iOS in the near future? That's all I need from this little guy, would be amazing if you can pull it off. Thank you for supporting it all this time, love my little guy to death and wouldn't trade it for any other DAP in the world!

Apr 24, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #5,980 of 6,418
Hey @Shanling , I'm sorry if you answered this elsewhere but for the SyncLink function, are there any plans to bring this feature to iOS in the near future? That's all I need from this little guy, would be amazing if you can pull it off. Thank you for supporting it all this time, love my little guy to death and wouldn't trade it for any other DAP in the world!
The thing is, they would have get it into the Apple store and approved for you to install on iOS, unless they got it onto Cydia, but then you'd need to jailbreak. On Android you can sideload it without it being on the Play Store and this is what Shanling have done by including it in the firmware download.

So they would need to make all that extra effort for iOS users...

Apr 25, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #5,981 of 6,418
The thing is, they would have get it into the Apple store and approved for you to install on iOS, unless they got it onto Cydia, but then you'd need to jailbreak. On Android you can sideload it without it being on the Play Store and this is what Shanling have done by including it in the firmware download.

Yeah, makes sense. Well, if they want to make an ipa, I’ll take it it haha. With how easy jailbreaking is right now, it’ll be worth it I guess. But man, this is the thing I hate about Apple, they never let us have some fun.

Apr 25, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #5,984 of 6,418

iOS version is in works.

We plan to have it available fully through Play store, it just takes some time to get it in. Our Shanling controller app is now on Google play store, but it took some waiting.

@Shanling is there anyway to downgrade to FW 3.0? I would rather downgrade the FW tbqh.

Yes, simply download 3.0 from our website and then continue as with standard firmware update.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 26, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #5,985 of 6,418
Hello, I am trying to use my Shanling M0 as a Bluetooth receiver for my new Samsung phone. On the M0, I initially selected AAC as the Bluetooth code by mistake, and now everytime my phone connects to the Shanling, the display on the Shanling says it is connected with AAC. Even if I change the codec on the Bluetooth, which I did, to aptX. How can I correct this problem?

I have the Bluetooth codec on my Samsung phone switched to aptX. If I switch the codec on the Samsung phone to anything besides AAC, it automatically defaults back to AAC when it connects to the Shanling. Even if I have aptX selected on the Shanling, and select aptX on the Samsung phone once it is connected to the Shanling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back