Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Apr 5, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #4,951 of 6,413
I've got used to being able to browse to the album or artist of the current playing track through one operation such as long pressing the song title, and selecting the song I want without affecting the play mode. ie shuffle all to shuffle album.

Basically the ability to browse current artist/album whilst in shuffle all without changing the playback mode, instead of searching by song title. Even a play next option would be appreciated.

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #4,952 of 6,413
When the m0 is connected with some TWS earphones using AAC, Connection issue occur. The first one is Anker Soundcore Liberty Air. When I hit play only get white noise. Secondly When with Phiaton Bolt BT700 disconnection is heavily frequent. But I wonder why connection is solid with Jaybird X4.

Apr 7, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #4,955 of 6,413
Your speaker will be also sending BT on SBC, so that's probably what M0 is picking up.

Wy you need to reboot? You can exit receiver mode by simple swipe to right.

Maybe because when I try that it goes back into receiver mode!

Why cant you make the M0 set to BT out so this stops happening.
e.g BT player mode,BT receiver mode. One or the other. Obviously the auto just does not woirk with all hardware.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #4,956 of 6,413
I didn't use my M0 for a few weeks and now the battery won't hold a charge. The player won't turn on unless connected to USB power.

So I tried to remove the memory card only to find that the memory card mechanism has also failed. The card went in flush with the slot and is stuck in there.

Edit: managed to get the card out with a knife. Looking into the card slot the metal piece in there is bent. I'm guessing the battery leaked or bulged and damaged the card slot in the process.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #4,957 of 6,413
When the m0 is connected with some TWS earphones using AAC, Connection issue occur. The first one is Anker Soundcore Liberty Air. When I hit play only get white noise. Secondly When with Phiaton Bolt BT700 disconnection is heavily frequent. But I wonder why connection is solid with Jaybird X4.

In our testing, TWS earphones differ quite significantly in quality of connection and their behavior when connecting. Thanks for pointing us to these two problematic models.

@Shanling any news of a remote control app for phone control of M0? Thanks!

No update.

Maybe because when I try that it goes back into receiver mode!

Why cant you make the M0 set to BT out so this stops happening.
e.g BT player mode,BT receiver mode. One or the other. Obviously the auto just does not woirk with all hardware.

So when you swipe right on BT receiver mode, M0 shows main menu and then immediately jump back into BT receiver mode?
Can you tell me what Denon speaker are you using? We didn't encounter such behavior before.

I didn't use my M0 for a few weeks and now the battery won't hold a charge. The player won't turn on unless connected to USB power.

So I tried to remove the memory card only to find that the memory card mechanism has also failed. The card went in flush with the slot and is stuck in there.

Edit: managed to get the card out with a knife. Looking into the card slot the metal piece in there is bent. I'm guessing the battery leaked or bulged and damaged the card slot in the process.

Please contact your seller for warranty repair / replacement.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 8, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #4,958 of 6,413
Can't get AAC on my M0 to work with my TWS QCY T1C. Connected them for the first time yesterday to test them during running. SBC works fine but with AAC there is no sound. I tried some reboots but unfortunately no luck.

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #4,959 of 6,413
I'm having problems playing music from my M0 via bluetooth when connected to a BMW (2011) E90 3 Series. I can pair and connect but when playing music on the M0 (and it looks like it's playing on the M0) nothing is playing in the car. There is no sound and It just shows unknown artist and unknown track.
When i connect my iPhone SE to the car it plays fine and shows track information from my phone.
The M0 also works when connected via bluetooth to my Denon Envaya Mini speaker.
Codec is set to AAC as i know that's what the iPhone uses for bluetooth and that works in the car.
Has anyone got any ideas what might be causing this problem?

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #4,960 of 6,413
I'm having problems playing music from my M0 via bluetooth when connected to a BMW (2011) E90 3 Series. I can pair and connect but when playing music on the M0 (and it looks like it's playing on the M0) nothing is playing in the car. There is no sound and It just shows unknown artist and unknown track.
When i connect my iPhone SE to the car it plays fine and shows track information from my phone.
Codec is set to AAC as i know that's what the iPhone uses for bluetooth and that works in the car.

try the SBC codec maybe that will work but the quality of the sound will be less compared to AAC. Maybe your car doesn't support AAC. Could be that your iPhone SE connects but is also using SBC. There is no way to see it on an iPhone though.

Apr 8, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #4,962 of 6,413
Can't get AAC on my M0 to work with my TWS QCY T1C. Connected them for the first time yesterday to test them during running. SBC works fine but with AAC there is no sound. I tried some reboots but unfortunately no luck.

Thanks for report.

We are aware of some problems with car stereos. We released fix for M5s and soon it should be released for M0.

Also, you need to check codec on the car stereo, maybe have a look at manual, check for AAC or aptX logo or send them email? My assumption would be it only supports SBC.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #4,963 of 6,413
Hello.

Sorry if this was answered at any point, but are there any plans to ever implement better battery life indicator? 4 bar icon we have is hardly informative and just adding number next to it would make a difference. I've been using m0 since release pretty much, and this was always to me one of the most important missing features. It's surprising frankly that a year has passed and there is still no sign of it anywhere. Especially since I remember this topic being brought up in the early days of this thread.
Similarly, charging indicator when device is charged via USB port (data transfer mode) would be good to have.

To end this on a more positive note, I have been happy with the device otherwise and it served me well, but I would still appreciate knowing how much battery I have left.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #4,964 of 6,413
Hello.

Sorry if this was answered at any point, but are there any plans to ever implement better battery life indicator? 4 bar icon we have is hardly informative and just adding number next to it would make a difference. I've been using m0 since release pretty much, and this was always to me one of the most important missing features. It's surprising frankly that a year has passed and there is still no sign of it anywhere. Especially since I remember this topic being brought up in the early days of this thread.
Similarly, charging indicator when device is charged via USB port (data transfer mode) would be good to have.

To end this on a more positive note, I have been happy with the device otherwise and it served me well, but I would still appreciate knowing how much battery I have left.

Seriously, i dont know what the problem with battery indicators and daps, i have had multiple daps with inaccurate indicators, qp1r battery indicator was the most crazy they introduced a hardware fix, m0 when its red keeps going for 4 or 5 hours more, even my sony bars doesnt give same hours for each bar.

I have to recharge before i go out in fear of sudden discharge, which will certainly mess with the battery life time.

What happened to normal accurate percentage indicators.

Should we attach a stop watch to the dap :D

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #4,965 of 6,413
Hi, is there any update on the sound delay when using m0 as a desktop dac/amp?

Bluetooth range hasn't seen much improvement with the new update but I can live with that. I just need the software team to fix this delaying issue so I can use the m0 with my laptop when travel.

Also second Dcell7 problem of no sound between the qcy t1c and shanling m0 when using aac, sbc works fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back