Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Mar 22, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #4,921 of 6,418
All it needs (probably) is for the volume touch controls not to react instantaneously, A short delay, or @tzincbg 's continuous press idea. But I agree that having Max Volume set by default would be a good idea with the current implementation.
But no ""EU Volume Limits", please :).

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #4,922 of 6,418
Warning! Being on the CUSTOM 2.4 firmware and while fiddling with the headphone jack and simultaneously adjusting the volume, the volume jumped to 100%. I think there is no hearing loss but my right ear still hearts a little.
I immediately returned the player to THE OFFICIAL 2.4 firmware and cannot reproduce the problem for now. I will keep trying to reproduce it the whole weekend and will inform you.
Please let us know if you had the same problem and under what conditions.

Sorry for shouting but this is serious and we need to find if the issue is software or hardware ASAP, I think.

The same thing happened to me, but on official 2.4 firmware, almost a heart attack :/

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #4,927 of 6,418
@Shanling

I noticed a lot of true wireless earphones that support SBC and AAC only don't work in AAC mode. They connect, but no sound comes out. I have tested a few units that all have this problem, but don't have that issue with Android or Apple phones that use AAC.

Do you know why that might be? Also, is it possible to select the quality that we want for a specific unit to use in the Bluetooth menu? For example, If I have the highest quality set up, those true wireless earphones will connect to AAC and I have to manually switch them to SBC in the menu. Then when I use my ES100, I have to manually change it back to LDAC. If I could write in the profile to always connect the true wireless set to SBC, then I wouldn't have to switch it back and forth all the time.

Mar 25, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #4,930 of 6,418
Shanling M0 EQ preset
Yamaha YPAO Calibration Mic + SB PC
The graphics are compensated by the frequency response of the Yamaha microphone and BGVP DMG headphones.
Trusting frequency response graphic with a frequency above 16kHz makes no sense.
Strange what that preset.
Neither option suits me ...
ShanlingM0-EQ-preset2.png

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #4,931 of 6,418
@Shanling

I noticed a lot of true wireless earphones that support SBC and AAC only don't work in AAC mode. They connect, but no sound comes out. I have tested a few units that all have this problem, but don't have that issue with Android or Apple phones that use AAC.

Do you know why that might be? Also, is it possible to select the quality that we want for a specific unit to use in the Bluetooth menu? For example, If I have the highest quality set up, those true wireless earphones will connect to AAC and I have to manually switch them to SBC in the menu. Then when I use my ES100, I have to manually change it back to LDAC. If I could write in the profile to always connect the true wireless set to SBC, then I wouldn't have to switch it back and forth all the time.

Can you please give some examples of these problematic earphones? We have Huawei freebuds for example, and apart them being one of the most finicky wireless earphones I ever saw, they seems to work ok with AAC.

I know we got some reports of true wireless earphones triggering M0 into BT receiver mode, when they try to enable connection between each other.

Hi All,
Is there an option for A - B loop/repeat on M0?

No A-B loop in our system.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 25, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #4,932 of 6,418
Can you please give some examples of these problematic earphones? We have Huawei freebuds for example, and apart them being one of the most finicky wireless earphones I ever saw, they seems to work ok with AAC.

I know we got some reports of true wireless earphones triggering M0 into BT receiver mode, when they try to enable connection between each other.

No A-B loop in our system.

Of course, the first one I noticed the issue with was the Glidic Tw-7000. I tried with 3 different models and AAC connects but when I hit play all I get is white noise. I recently got the Sabbat X12 pro and have the same issue. Although slightly different, the Astrotec S60 will pair but not connect in AAC mode, but connects and works fine in SBC mode. Here is a review confirming that issue only with the Shanling DAPs...

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/astrotec-s60.23547/reviews

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #4,934 of 6,418
I also recently had a volume issue with my M0 when pairing with my first generation AirPods. Upon pairing, the volume jumped to an extremely loud level, one that I cannot achieve under normal circumstances. This occurred with my volume slider set at 20. Bringing the slider down to a value of 4 brought the volume down to what is normally found with the slider set at 100 with my AirPods. This boost in volume only lasted for the first song that played and the volume levels were back to normal for the next song. While I did somewhat enjoy the volume boost for the AirPods, as they normally do not have much volume range when paired with the M0, the unexpected loudness was a bit painful. My M0 is currently running firmware version 2.4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back