Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Feb 26, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #4,741 of 6,418
Hi @Shanling I love this thing.
I have one feature request and one bug.
  1. I love the size of this. I would like to wear this like a watch. Can you please add a watch face? (just like with iPod Nano).
  2. Whenever the device turns off and turns back on, the time is completely wrong. Please have it save the correct time. I often will only take this without my phone, so having the correct time is important.

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #4,742 of 6,418
  1. I love the size of this. I would like to wear this like a watch. Can you please add a watch face? (just like with iPod Nano).
  2. Whenever the device turns off and turns back on, the time is completely wrong. Please have it save the correct time. I often will only take this without my phone, so having the correct time is important.

I have had my M0 since june 2018 and it has never had any time drifting, let alone being completely wrong. Maybe a factory reset or reflashing the firmware could help your unit.

Feb 26, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #4,743 of 6,418
I have had my M0 since june 2018 and it has never had any time drifting, let alone being completely wrong. Maybe a factory reset or reflashing the firmware could help your unit.

Mine has the same issue, factory reset has no effect. I've been waiting for a new firmware to find out if that resolves the issue, it's not a big deal to me.

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #4,744 of 6,418
Mine has the same issue, factory reset has no effect. I've been waiting for a new firmware to find out if that resolves the issue, it's not a big deal to me.

Mine too. Has always failed to keep time, but has never been an issue for me so have never reported it here.

Feb 26, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #4,747 of 6,418
Mine keeps time perfectly, even if I turn it off when I am done listening to music...

Yeah, I figured it wasn't a prolific issue or the tread would have been alight with it since day one.

TBH I'm pretty 'meh' about the time not keeping accurate.

Feb 26, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #4,748 of 6,418
Tired of waiting on the app remote feature and after my clip on the clip case snapped off, I decided to get a Radsone ES100 and have it connected to the M0 using LDAC...

It is absolutely amazing! I want to say it sounds even better but I am in the honeymoon phase. One thing is for sure, it is a lot more convenient, especially with the better quality clip that, I hope, won't snap off anytime soon.

KIMG1647.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #4,749 of 6,418
@Shanling Mine definitely has a bug where if I leave it on (with no music selected, or music paused) it will drain the full battery in a few hours. I've just been fully turning off the M0 to prevent this, as booting it up is luckily fast. But any way I can troubleshoot this to stop, sometimes I forget to turn it off and end up in a dead M0.

@RobinFood I don't get it though? It's like the same size as the M0, just put that in your pocket?

Feb 26, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #4,750 of 6,418
@Shanling Mine definitely has a bug where if I leave it on (with no music selected, or music paused) it will drain the full battery in a few hours. I've just been fully turning off the M0 to prevent this, as booting it up is luckily fast. But any way I can troubleshoot this to stop, sometimes I forget to turn it off and end up in a dead M0.

im not sure if m0 even have deep sleep/battery saving mode, so maybe this is normal
i usually just shutdown if im not listening, boot up speed is fast anyway.
maybe u need to reset to fix problem? better wait for shanling official response.

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #4,751 of 6,418

@RobinFood I don't get it though? It's like the same size as the M0, just put that in your pocket?

You clip the es100 to your shirt collar. You have an earbud with a short cable. You connect via ldac. You now don't have to worry about your cable getting snagged or cable noises. Clean up takes half the time. You can use the m0 as a remote for music. I haven't had a wire going from my pocket to my ear since I first got the m0 clip. I don't fear door knobs or crowded trains anymore!

Feb 26, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #4,752 of 6,418

No plans for dedicated watch screen / lock screen at this time.

Resetting time, got some reports of it in the past, but software team didn't found any cause for it yet.

Please which firmware are you running and do you have Auto-standby turned on?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 27, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #4,755 of 6,418
You clip the es100 to your shirt collar. You have an earbud with a short cable. You connect via ldac. You now don't have to worry about your cable getting snagged or cable noises. Clean up takes half the time. You can use the m0 as a remote for music. I haven't had a wire going from my pocket to my ear since I first got the m0 clip. I don't fear door knobs or crowded trains anymore!
I used to clip an Ipod shuffle sized BT receiver to my baseball cap and connected corded buds for running keeping the cord wrapped so nothing dangling anywhere. Worked well.

Did just get a pair of TWS buds that support aptx. Of course not as good as corded, but in comparison to other TWS buds, it's a step up. Now to get my double flange tips so I can use them for swimming with my M0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back