Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Feb 24, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #4,727 of 6,418
i will seriously pay up to 200$ if shanling made a DAP with m0 sound and bigger screen like m6..

come on shanling..you released your flagship already, time for mid range or budget entry again :)

That would be my wish to, the M0 was introduced March of 2018 so hopefully we will hear something in the next few months. Then again they aren't Fiio who like to release units rapid fire so who knows.

Feb 24, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #4,728 of 6,418
We compare products from other manufacturers on these threads all the time. So telling Shanling why you aren't happy with the product can also be constructive.

I don't see how stomping out like a small child going 'I WON'T BUY ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS AGAIN!!!!111' is actually constructive? One thing to point out problems and how it could be improved, another to waltz out of the door shouting how much you hate Shanling? (sadly these folk actually threaten to leave but don't...that would mean they would have to give up their attention spotlight they so crave!)

It's boring and negative and I for one wish those think that a few people having a hissy fit will change anything other than make people leave this forum (have you seen all the questions of people saying 'where else can we get updates?' after such BS?) would go elsewhere. I've thought of leaving here cos of all the 'drama' that a few people create, it's not helping anyone, least of all Shanling.

Also this player hasn't been out even a year? It's a bit strange to get all upset when they are still doing updates. I have other electronic products that the developers just got bored with after a year or so, so this is good.

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #4,729 of 6,418
That would be my wish to, the M0 was introduced March of 2018 so hopefully we will hear something in the next few months. Then again they aren't Fiio who like to release units rapid fire so who knows.
Go on now, go. Walk out the door
Just turn around now 'cause you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye?
Did you think I'd crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Oh, no, not I
I will survive

I don't post often.
You've been getting on my nerves for a while now.
Just shut up and move on.

Feb 24, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #4,731 of 6,418
I really like my M0 but use it exclusively as a wired DAP so the DAC/Bluetooth functionality gets very little use for me.

The M0 could be a better DAP and several small things that could easily be improved in software are holding it back from being great.

Shanling seems focused on new devices (like the new X 2019) so I have little hope for serious future firmware improvements. From a business point of view I even understand this.

That said, as a DAP it is quite good. It handles my files very well (mostly FLAC), the sound is clean, it is very repsonsive and the device is conveniently small/light.

I will not be buying a replacement for my M0 but will continue to enjoy it.

With M0, we still have small problems to fix, features to improve and new things to add. But it unfortunately comes to distribution of time, since our software team is split between new product development, updates to M5s and updates to M0.
We are in the world of software development only for very short time and unfortunately it gives us some problems when it comes to timing of new product releases and software updates, which significantly showed in our production during 2018. Especially considering discontinuation of wide range of players from previous generation, that left our product range very limited.

Never really thought to do the M0 BT thing. Reminds me to tinker more with my shaky laptop BT... never know.

Anyone ever watch video on something else with the M0 as BT receiver? I did demo it once from a better computer, watching Netflix, and I think there was some lag. Not as much as USB but enough to be annoying when watching a movie.

ETA: I really have no way of knowing if the M0 was responsible for lag in my demo. I don't mess with BT much in general.

With Bluetooth, apart from apt-X Low latency, there will be always some delay. Then it's up to you system on your phone or computer, if it automatically or at least manually can deal with it.

Hello!
My m0 can't be powered on unless it is charging + it loses its charge immediately. Is there anything I can do? There is no more warranty for this.

Likely battery failure. How so that your device is no longer covered under warranty?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 25, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #4,732 of 6,418
I’m waiting for the remote functionality for about 9 months now and wondering if I should give a try to m6...
Shanling, is there any hope that we can have a high-level schedule when we will have the remote functionality?

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #4,733 of 6,418
I don't see how stomping out like a small child going 'I WON'T BUY ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS AGAIN!!!!111' is actually constructive? One thing to point out problems and how it could be improved, another to waltz out of the door shouting how much you hate Shanling? (sadly these folk actually threaten to leave but don't...that would mean they would have to give up their attention spotlight they so crave!)

It's boring and negative and I for one wish those think that a few people having a hissy fit will change anything other than make people leave this forum (have you seen all the questions of people saying 'where else can we get updates?' after such BS?) would go elsewhere. I've thought of leaving here cos of all the 'drama' that a few people create, it's not helping anyone, least of all Shanling.

Also this player hasn't been out even a year? It's a bit strange to get all upset when they are still doing updates. I have other electronic products that the developers just got bored with after a year or so, so this is good.

Wow talk about being completely clueless. First of all I am not the only person who has commented about delays in features being added. Secondly at no point have I ever used the word hate in regards to Shanling. As for mentioning other products I am interested in that have the features I want that illustrates their are products out their with the these features. I also seem to recall saying in a previous post that you obviously didn't read that Shanling makes great products and that I would be interested in buying another Shanling DAP in the future, if it had what I was looking for. I have owned the M0 for 7 months now and I wouldn't have kept it this long if I hate it as you claim.

Seems to me you are the one throwing the hissy fit here not me. Try posting like an adult and not like a little child in the future!!!!

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #4,734 of 6,418
Wow talk about being completely clueless. First of all I am not the only person who has commented about delays in features being added. Secondly at no point have I ever used the word hate in regards to Shanling. As for mentioning other products I am interested in that have the features I want that illustrates their are products out their with the these features. I also seem to recall saying in a previous post that you obviously didn't read that Shanling makes great products and that I would be interested in buying another Shanling DAP in the future, if it had what I was looking for. I have owned the M0 for 7 months now and I wouldn't have kept it this long if I hate it as you claim.

When did I ever say "WON'T BUY ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS EVER AGAIN". You are full of bull crap.

Seems to me you are the one throwing the hissy fit here not me. Try posting like an adult and not like a little child in the future!!!!

Feb 25, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #4,735 of 6,418
With M0, we still have small problems to fix, features to improve and new things to add. But it unfortunately comes to distribution of time, since our software team is split between new product development, updates to M5s and updates to M0.
We are in the world of software development only for very short time and unfortunately it gives us some problems when it comes to timing of new product releases and software updates, which significantly showed in our production during 2018. Especially considering discontinuation of wide range of players from previous generation, that left our product range very limited.

With Bluetooth, apart from apt-X Low latency, there will be always some delay. Then it's up to you system on your phone or computer, if it automatically or at least manually can deal with it.

Likely battery failure. How so that your device is no longer covered under warranty?

It only came with a one year warranty which has expired :/

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #4,740 of 6,418

Users who are viewing this thread

Back