Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Feb 21, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #4,696 of 6,418
Can someone please recommend a good working bluetooth in ear for the M0 ?
The zagzog T8 for example is not usable with the M0 (despite it works for example with a Hiby R6).
It stops playing on one side after about 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #4,697 of 6,418
Four months have passed since you said "Reply gain is planned in update.".
If there is no update plan, I will resell M0 and purchase another product from another company.
Please clarify the timing of the update plan.
There is no DAP without issues... but I consider selling M0 and try something else too. Too much time waiting for every update :frowning2:

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #4,699 of 6,418
Easier and cheaper than having a spare micro sd card available.

Why spare card? I'm putting update on my most used 200GB card without any issues for dozens and dozens of updates.

@Shanling

I have a Fiio M6 coming next week to compare to my M0. Any idea when you might be rolling out the UI changes you mentioned before the break?

Can you give us an idea what changes you plan to make? Also if possible a timeline for further features like replaygain. I want to keep the M0 if possible but this is a feature the M6 has that I sorely miss on the M0.

Yes I know people get upset when I ask about firmware updates but at this point 7 months into the M0 for me I think we should be able to get some timeline.

Four months have passed since you said "Reply gain is planned in update.".
If there is no update plan, I will resell M0 and purchase another product from another company.
Please clarify the timing of the update plan.

Unfortunately there is currently no update on implementation of Reply gain.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 21, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #4,700 of 6,418
Since the M0 supports it
I got the sony wih700 with LDAC
not many choices with LDAC other than Sony

Feb 21, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #4,701 of 6,418
Why spare card? I'm putting update on my most used 200GB card without any issues for dozens and dozens of updates.

Originally I needed a spare card because the first firmware update required a card formatted in a specific format. My only card I had at the time was a 400gb card that was already filled with music and formatted in an incompatible format. I've now learned that I can install the firmware in the root of my 400gb card and we / I no longer have that issue. Thank you for taking the time to reply and I look forward to new firmware updates.

Cheers

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #4,702 of 6,418
Since the M0 supports it
I got the sony wih700 with LDAC
not many choices with LDAC other than Sony
The Audeze Mobius supports LDAC. My M0 fits right in the Mobius case.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #4,703 of 6,418

Unfortunately there is currently no update on implementation of Reply gain.

Sorry to say it looks like I will be moving on from the M0. This won't be my last Shanling DAP I am sure but next time I will wait until you are done with firmware updates before buying one. At least then I will know exactly what I am getting in the final product. You make a great product and I really wish the M0 was a better fit for me but it is taking to long to get it updated.

Can you give us an idea of what DAP will be coming out next and when? If I have some idea of what that it will be it would help me decide about my DAP situation going forward.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #4,704 of 6,418
giphy.gif

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #4,705 of 6,418
Sorry to say it looks like I will be moving on from the M0. This won't be my last Shanling DAP I am sure but next time I will wait until you are done with firmware updates before buying one. At least then I will know exactly what I am getting in the final product. You make a great product and I really wish the M0 was a better fit for me but it is taking to long to get it updated.
I am curious - which DAP are you getting instead?

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #4,706 of 6,418
I am sure but next time I will wait until you are done with firmware updates before buying one.

Pretty much this. Still waiting on the aforementioned audiobook support which seems to be dead in the water. Next time I'm buying a dap I'm judging it on it's out of the box performance. Anything else that get's added/fixed later on is a bonus in my eyes. At least the m0 sounds decent and is nice enough to use. Certainly a decent clip plus replacement if nothing else.

Feb 23, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #4,709 of 6,418
I really like my M0 but use it exclusively as a wired DAP so the DAC/Bluetooth functionality gets very little use for me.

The M0 could be a better DAP and several small things that could easily be improved in software are holding it back from being great.

Shanling seems focused on new devices (like the new X 2019) so I have little hope for serious future firmware improvements. From a business point of view I even understand this.

That said, as a DAP it is quite good. It handles my files very well (mostly FLAC), the sound is clean, it is very repsonsive and the device is conveniently small/light.

I will not be buying a replacement for my M0 but will continue to enjoy it.

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #4,710 of 6,418
Lol, M0 is a solid upgrade from previous M1 and sells at a cheaper price tag.
Seems people keep asking for more and more for this little entry level DAP, and it's important to keep the perspective here.

Sure UI could get a few tweaks here and there to make it easier to handle, EQ is stuck to presets, app is not finished and all that.
But don't get all the hate it received as of late. Even audiobooks support is coming even though it is a bit of a niche feature. C'mon, guys!

Gotta understand that software development is not instant and the tiny screen is challenging to implement some of the solutions that work on larger DAPs.
Anyhow, to me M0 is a winner. Kudos to Shanling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Devh
Back