Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Feb 18, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #4,681 of 6,413
Asking for when a new firmware will be released is a complete waste of time, asking when a specific feature will part of a future firmware release even more so.

part of the reason I have started looking at the Fiio M6, along with the bigger screen it has replaygain among other features M0 does not. For me replaygain is a must for the M0 with the two means of changing volume being a pain to use. Either they switch to the on screen volume control the M5S has or add replaygain but do it soon or the M6 will be my new DAP. I have a line on a great deal for the M6 so Shanling needs to do something soon or I will be selling my M0. I have an interested buyer for it as well.

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #4,682 of 6,413
Asking for when a new firmware will be released is a complete waste of time, asking when a specific feature will part of a future firmware release even more so.
Without asking they may think that there is no demand for such feature. Therefore I ask. Is it clearer now? Passive waiting changes nothing.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #4,683 of 6,413
part of the reason I have started looking at the Fiio M6, along with the bigger screen it has replaygain among other features M0 does not. For me replaygain is a must for the M0 with the two means of changing volume being a pain to use. Either they switch to the on screen volume control the M5S has or add replaygain but do it soon or the M6 will be my new DAP. I have a line on a great deal for the M6 so Shanling needs to do something soon or I will be selling my M0. I have an interested buyer for it as well.

Sell, sell, sell and buy the Fido M6, I hear their thread is really helpful and fun! Leave us poor people here without a backward glance!

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #4,684 of 6,413
Back from trip, quickly going through all posts. I think I got all the unanswered questions, if not, please post them again.

I seem to recall @Shanling addressing the playlist playing alphabetically as a mistake. They should be addressing this in a firmware update, at least I hope they do. I want my songs to play in the order I add them, not alphabetically.

Fix was issued for M5s, awaiting it in update for M0.

I'm experiencing exactly 2,5 seconds delay with a fresh install and I tried many combinations in buffer settings. I read almost whole this thread and only a few people mentioned this latency problem, how is it possible? I hoped using M0 as my daily USB DAC with laptop, but in case of such long sound delay, it is unusable if you want more than just Tidal/Spotify/foobar listening :frowning2:

In USB mode, there are many things that can be set on your computer. We are aware our drivers are not ideal and there is some delay, but wasn't facing such big delay.

Hi

Could this operate via USB from a Mac running Qobuz -playing hi res files - then output the audio as LDAC Bluetooth?

To be picked up

By a hifi with another MO or LDAC receiver unit attached?

Thanks in advance

(big LDAC fan here)

Is it possible to use Shanling M0 in this way: Smartphone with Tidal -> LDAC -> Shanling -> USB Transport to external DAC ? I was pretty unsuccessful to work it like this. Thanks for any advice.

these two functions are on the list of features that are in work, not supported at current time.

Maybe this was addressed previously but I think I found a bug with my M0.
I'm using it paired with a Sony WH-1000XM3 using the LDAC codec.
Everytime I turn OFF my XM3 and then turn OFF my M0, on next statup the M0 fails to resume to the same track as when I turned it OFF.
If I first turn OFF the M0 and then turn OFF the XM3 everything's just fine, the M0 resumes to the right track on next startup, so weird !

That's annoying as I usually take off my headphones first and turn off the M0 next as it's inside a pocket, not a dealbreaker but still...

This error was reported to software team some time back, still waiting for fix.

Thank you

The meaning / outcome of these two paragraphs isn't 100% clear to me.

"aptX and LDAC support

Two way bluetooth ( in receiver mode limited to SBC, AAC, LDAC codec, coming in future updates)"

What exactly is coming in future updates and isn't working now? Aptx and Aptx HD? In what direction. Or is everything working in both directions now?

I just want to know if it can recieve a 96k 24 bit file via USB and then transmit it in LDAC 990kbs

Thank you

Marketing materials were made at different times, full support of receiver mode wasn't available in beginning and was added with firmware update.

Currently receiver mode supports SBC, AAC and LDAC. There might be one codec support added in firmware update.

Please be aware we are limited by hardware used in M0, so while some codecs can be added simply by software, others would need different components.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 18, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #4,685 of 6,413
Quick question :D I have a Chord Mojo connected with Shaling M0 via Digital Output, can i use my LDAC Phone bluetooth to streaming songs from my phone to M0 then the DAP will output bitperfect just like the song is already in its SD Card or the song's quality will be limited by Bluetooth Technology? Thanks in advance.

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #4,686 of 6,413
Quick question :D I have a Chord Mojo connected with Shaling M0 via Digital Output, can i use my LDAC Phone bluetooth to streaming songs from my phone to M0 then the DAP will output bitperfect just like the song is already in its SD Card or the song's quality will be limited by Bluetooth Technology? Thanks in advance.

This doesn't work currently. USB out only from M0 directly. Post 4684 above says they are working on it.

I'd love to see this feature as well.

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #4,687 of 6,413
This doesn't work currently. USB out only from M0 directly. Post 4684 above says they are working on it.

Love that :D Looking forward for new firmware release.

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #4,688 of 6,413
I believe you are right. The M0 did sound a bit better on Hi-Gain when used as a DAC. But the DF Red still sounds more like a full size DAC/Amp. Trust me, if I could only choose one, it would the M0. It does so many things well. Quite the little Titan.
Yes, the M0 feels a bit under powered for some of these Single DD IEMs (IE800, Kanas Pro). They do pair nicely with Multi-BAs and hybrids though.

I doubt the processor in this is powerful to handle LDAC Processing & USB-Out at the same time. Maybe we'll see it on the M5.

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #4,691 of 6,413
@Shanling - sorry if this has already been asked - Is there any chance that firmware updates will be possible through USB in the future?

No plans to change way our firmware updates are performed.

May I ask for reason why would you want this added?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 21, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #4,694 of 6,413
@Shanling

I have a Fiio M6 coming next week to compare to my M0. Any idea when you might be rolling out the UI changes you mentioned before the break?

Can you give us an idea what changes you plan to make? Also if possible a timeline for further features like replaygain. I want to keep the M0 if possible but this is a feature the M6 has that I sorely miss on the M0.

Yes I know people get upset when I ask about firmware updates but at this point 7 months into the M0 for me I think we should be able to get some timeline.

Feb 21, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #4,695 of 6,413
If you find it problematic, yes, please reach out to your seller.

You need matching LRC file and then on now playing screen, one click to bring up playback controls and swipe to third screen. It's included in Advanced user manual.

Reply gain is planned in update.

We don't have any plans to asset wheel to any other functions.

Can I get response, if other users are having similar problem with wheel? IT was sometimes present on older generation of players, but not on M0.

Also, if there is such problem with wheel, it's caused by the wheel mechanism, not software.

On side of M0, with USB C headphones, there is nothing to set. Either the headphones are willing to communicate and don't need too much from USB port, then M0 works just fine, or they ask for some special drivers and too much power, neither which can M0 do.

I will try Mobius on upcoming Canjam Shanghai. I don't know much about them, like if they advertise compatibility with portable devices(that would tell us about demands on power) and how exactly is it set up with all their special functions.

Four months have passed since you said "Reply gain is planned in update.".
If there is no update plan, I will resell M0 and purchase another product from another company.
Please clarify the timing of the update plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back