Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 25, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #1,501 of 6,418
You should be able to put your buds into pairing mode. Check the instructions but it is usually turning them on with a long press until they start flashing. Or maybe turning the bluetooth off on your phone until you have connected to the M0 might work, if that is easier.

Thanks for your suggestions. The first one I have tried many times, but each time the earbuds or BT cable just turn off. The second one I will try though.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #1,502 of 6,418
Thanks for your suggestions. The first one I have tried many times, but each time the earbuds or BT cable just turn off. The second one I will try though.
On a few of my Bluetooth headsets I have to unpair them from one device to be able to pair it to another. This usually happens with the older BT enabled headsets. Hopefully you can get it to work.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #1,503 of 6,418
On a few of my Bluetooth headsets I have to unpair them from one device to be able to pair it to another. This usually happens with the older BT enabled headsets. Hopefully you can get it to work.

Yeah, unpairing a couple of them that are paired to my iPhone could solve the problem for those. I will have to try that as well. Thanks!

UPDATE: Tried both suggestions, and virtually impossible to pair or connect to the MO with any of those I mentioned having. And there are no other instructions regarding how to pair. Like I stated befor, if BT earbud does not have the ability to continue to search for a signal, connecting is not possible. All those I have that refuse to pair must immediately connect upon tapping search, of they won’t work. It would be interesting if anyone else has some of the BT earbuds I have with not pairing to see if they are having the same problems. To me, it seems like a defective MO, for as many times as I have attempted, and no improvement.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #1,504 of 6,418
Looks great, except for the dangling cables. Does @Shanling has any plan to produce LDAC based cables?
$200 for Sony's MUC-M2BT1 is a bit outrageous, compared to $100 M0.

We are manufacturer of portable players, so no plans to be making some LDAC cables.

Hello everyone,

New to Head-Fi. But this has been my go to place for all things audio and helped me make great purchases! Received my M0 two days back(purple). Loving the player! Great value. Tons of features at this price point. The LDAC receiver mode is my favorite function, as I can barely tell the difference between wired and wireless. @Shanling I was wondering if you guys plan on making any hard silicone case for these. I've ordered the leather case and the clip case as well(along with second titanium model). But I feel neither of those options guarantee full protection from falls or bumps. A hard black silicone case with precise cutouts for the ports and the wheel would be great and I am sure like me, many would be willing to buy it. Also, a soft screen protector would be great(since the screen is curved at the edges and it was stated earlier in the thread that sample screen protectors didn't work well)! This is a beautiful device and I don't want to damage it in any way. Kinda OCD about all my gadgets lol.

Currently no plans for silicone case or screen protector.

The rest of my BT earbuds must connect immediately upon turning on, which they work perfectly with my iPhone. Hope some form of firmware fix can be found as I much prefer using any of my Bragi BT earbuds over all others.

This is really strange behavior of BT earbuds and not something that should be fixed on side of M0. Definitely lookup manuals for all of them on information how to get them to pairing mode. From my experience, it's can be sometime hidden in some special procedure.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 25, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #1,505 of 6,418
For those that are looking for screen protectors you can do what i did and just buy a cut to fit screen protector. If you can't find one just find a universal fit screen protector. While I usually prefer glass screen protectors, I ended up using a Zagg cut to size screen protector.

It'll be a while before anyone makes one, unless there is one on AliExpress I'm not aware of. Ool

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #1,506 of 6,418
Ultra compact set up. M0 with Flare Audio R2Pro. All of it fits in one of those 2" round ear bud cases. Now I can carry high resolution sound anywhere. The Flare 5.5mm micro drivers are very inefficient so the M0 is set to high gain. Great pairing.
More impressions pls? I have a chance to get one of these gems at my local second hand dealer and would love to know nore

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #1,507 of 6,418
Does browsing by folders work well on this device? I thought I read somewhere that the text doesnt scroll and it shows very few characters when browsing by folders. Also, is the battery life really close to 15 hours under normal conditions? I would hope it could get at least 12 hours like the hidizs ap60can.

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #1,508 of 6,418
You'll need to rename folders to what makes sense. If u have 10 album from the same artist with the artist name in front, all you're gonna see is 10 lines of the artist nsme, not knowing which album is which.
Or u can just browse base on artist name or album name.. browsing by folder name will be painful

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #1,510 of 6,418
Does anyone use ldac with your phone at the 900k setting and get audio skipping constantly? I can only set it at medium 600k setting and not the highest. Using samsung s8

I haven't with a phone but I have for a few years with a Sony receiver and LDAC bluetooth speakers. At the highest 900K setting you have to be really close to get a solid signal and the device has to be pointing directly at the receiving device to keep a solid signal. I typically would stick to the standard 600K setting as it is more stable and offers somewhat better range. I can't really hear any improvement in sound quality going 900K vs 600K and 600K seems to drain the battery a little less.

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #1,511 of 6,418
I haven't with a phone but I have for a few years with a Sony receiver and LDAC bluetooth speakers. At the highest 900K setting you have to be really close to get a solid signal and the device has to be pointing directly at the receiving device to keep a solid signal. I typically would stick to the standard 600K setting as it is more stable and offers somewhat better range. I can't really hear any improvement in sound quality going 900K vs 600K and 600K seems to drain the battery a little less.

WH-1000XM2 connected in LDAC HQ .
Before, pairing the headphone must be done whith 'LDAC connect ' setting .

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #1,512 of 6,418
Does browsing by folders work well on this device? I thought I read somewhere that the text doesnt scroll and it shows very few characters when browsing by folders. Also, is the battery life really close to 15 hours under normal conditions? I would hope it could get at least 12 hours like the hidizs ap60can.

You can make the text scroll by swiping left on the file/folder.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 26, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #1,513 of 6,418
WH-1000XM2 connected in LDAC HQ .
Before, pairing the headphone must be done whith 'LDAC connect ' setting .

I have to say I love Sony LDAC with Sony devices like my Sony receiver. When I use my Sony A17 with bluetooth it automatically switches my receiver to bluetooth connection. Then I can control my A17 with my Sony receivers remote control. I am wondering if I will still be able to this with the LDAC function on the M0? If not I will miss this cool feature but I don't use it that often and can do without it if M0 proves to be the awesome DAP it looks to be.

Jun 26, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #1,514 of 6,418
I've noticed that when I play a 24-bit FLAC (it shows the "HR" sign on the screen) , it seems that the sound quality is FAR superior from 16bit, especially when the EQ is turned off.

Another curious thing is when playing 24 bit, EQ presets seems to affect none or minimally the sound output -which is already really good- , but with 16-bit files, different EQ presets change A LOT sound output. Is there a reason for that big difference between 16 bit and 24bit files? Thanks.

Jun 26, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #1,515 of 6,418
I've noticed that when I play a 24-bit FLAC (it shows the "HR" sign on the screen) , it seems that the sound quality is FAR superior from 16bit, especially when the EQ is turned off.

Another curious thing is when playing 24 bit, EQ presets seems to affect none or minimally the sound output -which is already really good- , but with 16-bit files, different EQ presets change A LOT sound output. Is there a reason for that big difference between 16 bit and 24bit files? Thanks.
I've made some investigation, and I've found out that ONLY 24-bit files with 96000Hz sample rate have that "EQ none or minimally affected".

Try to play one 24-bit 96000Hz file and then try to select different EQ presets, there's NO difference between presets (or minimally, compared to non 96000Hz files) , it seems that 96000Hz files are played at the best quality the DAC chip can offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back