Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 25, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #1,488 of 6,418
will the M0 work with Toppings NX4 (non DSD version)?
as usb dac.

Since it's portable DAC/AMP made for phones, it will highly probably work with M0.
(but before it's tested, who knows exactly).

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 25, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #1,489 of 6,418
1.jpg

Clip case for M0, get yours to turn M0 into the most portable Hi-Res player. :)

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 25, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #1,490 of 6,418

Clip case for M0, get yours to turn M0 into the most portable Hi-Res player. :)
Looks great, except for the dangling cables. Does @Shanling has any plan to produce LDAC based cables?
$200 for Sony's MUC-M2BT1 is a bit outrageous, compared to $100 M0.

Jun 25, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #1,491 of 6,418
Hello everyone,

New to Head-Fi. But this has been my go to place for all things audio and helped me make great purchases! Received my M0 two days back(purple). Loving the player! Great value. Tons of features at this price point. The LDAC receiver mode is my favorite function, as I can barely tell the difference between wired and wireless. @Shanling I was wondering if you guys plan on making any hard silicone case for these. I've ordered the leather case and the clip case as well(along with second titanium model). But I feel neither of those options guarantee full protection from falls or bumps. A hard black silicone case with precise cutouts for the ports and the wheel would be great and I am sure like me, many would be willing to buy it. Also, a soft screen protector would be great(since the screen is curved at the edges and it was stated earlier in the thread that sample screen protectors didn't work well)! This is a beautiful device and I don't want to damage it in any way. Kinda OCD about all my gadgets lol.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #1,493 of 6,418
Anyone with both M1 and M0, how do they compare? Is it worth buying the m0 if I already have an M1?
Sound quality wise if the M1 can drive your headphones/IEMs I didn't hear too much of a difference but it can depend on your use case:
  1. If you "need/want" LDAC receive/send capabilities you will want to upgrade.
  2. Jump off from #1, you have an Android device without a headphone jack and want a DAC/AMP for your phone. Haven't tried on my iPhone X but I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread somewhere.
  3. You don't want to use HIBY anything (lol)
  4. You want something more compact/portable than the M1 (M0 is literally the same size as the screen on the M1 (not including the bezel), while being about as thick...maybe a little bit thinner)
  5. You like touchscreen interfaces and don't need hardware/tactile buttons
I'm sure there are other reasons but I'm drawing a blank right now. Personally I'll be holding on to my M1 for a little longer not because it's still being used but rather because I have a tendency to hold on to stuff... my wife hates it. lol I think that if you are strapped for cash you really don't need to upgrade unless one of the use cases above fits your fancy. I did it because of #'s 1-3, #4/5 were nice to haves for me. Hope this helps a little.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #1,494 of 6,418
Sound quality wise if the M1 can drive your headphones/IEMs I didn't hear too much of a difference but it can depend on your use case:
  1. If you "need/want" LDAC receive/send capabilities you will want to upgrade.
  2. Jump off from #1, you have an Android device without a headphone jack and want a DAC/AMP for your phone. Haven't tried on my iPhone X but I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread somewhere.
  3. You don't want to use HIBY anything (lol)
  4. You want something more compact/portable than the M1 (M0 is literally the same size as the screen on the M1 (not including the bezel), while being about as thick...maybe a little bit thinner)
  5. You like touchscreen interfaces and don't need hardware/tactile buttons
I'm sure there are other reasons but I'm drawing a blank right now. Personally I'll be holding on to my M1 for a little longer not because it's still being used but rather because I have a tendency to hold on to stuff... my wife hates it. lol I think that if you are strapped for cash you really don't need to upgrade unless one of the use cases above fits your fancy. I did it because of #'s 1-3, #4/5 were nice to haves for me. Hope this helps a little.

Really helpful thanks. Would you say the Bluetooth performance is about the same (LDAC aside, which I don't have). I find M1 can be a bit patchy with connection strength and dropouts

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #1,495 of 6,418
Really helpful thanks. Would you say the Bluetooth performance is about the same (LDAC aside, which I don't have). I find M1 can be a bit patchy with connection strength and dropouts
I haven't tested in length but it's about the same in my opinion, although it does depend on your Bluetooth headset. I've used these two for a long time but only the first with the M0 and M1:
  1. Cobble Pro TW Bluetooth - drops out while walking around but if there is a good "line of sight" between the device and the headphones they work well
  2. Zolo Liberty + - - drops out (rarely) while walking around but if there is a good "line of sight" between the device and the headphones they work well
The difference between the two is that #1 is BT 4.1 and #2 is BT 5.0. The design of the antenna makes a difference too. Basically the M0 doesn't make BT any better than the M1 in my experience and if it did it is really minimal.

My phone is BT 5.0 and when I have used it with the M0 in LDAC receiver mode I didn't have any drop outs but I only walked around the house for a short bit.

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #1,496 of 6,418
Jun 25, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #1,498 of 6,418
Tried m0 with Sony wh-1000xm2, and sometimes its going weird with connection. Freezing and loosing connection happens once every 10 tracks approximately,even when MO lays down 30 centimeters away from headphones.

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #1,499 of 6,418
I think I’ve figured out why my MO won’t connect to most of my BT wireless earbuds. It will only recognize my Earin M-2’s, Sudio Niva, Trinity Audio BT cable, and Trinity Audio Phantom Air. Will not recognize my Plussound BT cable, Bragi KS Dash, Dash Pro by Starkey, the Headphone, IQBuds, or AIAIAI TM-2. The reason being that when I turn on the first two that do connect, they continue flashing to search for a signal until paired. The rest of my BT earbuds must connect immediately upon turning on, which they work perfectly with my iPhone. Hope some form of firmware fix can be found as I much prefer using any of my Bragi BT earbuds over all others.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #1,500 of 6,418
I think I’ve figured out why my MO won’t connect to most of my BT wireless earbuds. It will only recognize my Earin M-2’s, Sudio Niva, Apple AirPods.Trinity Audio BT cable, and Trinity Audio Phantom Air. Will not recognize my Plussound BT cable, Bragi KS Dash, Dash Pro by Starkey, the Headphone, IQBuds, or AIAIAI TM-2. The reason being that when I turn on the first two that do connect, they continue flashing to search for a signal until paired. The rest of my BT earbuds must connect immediately upon turning on, which they work perfectly with my iPhone. Hope some form of firmware fix can be found as I much prefer using any of my Bragi BT earbuds over all others.
You should be able to put your buds into pairing mode. Check the instructions but it is usually turning them on with a long press until they start flashing. Or maybe turning the bluetooth off on your phone until you have connected to the M0 might work, if that is easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back