Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Apr 1, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #227 of 6,418
When is this going to be available for purchase?
I believe it was stated that it would be available for purchase around the end of April.

Apr 1, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #228 of 6,418
Apr 1, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #230 of 6,418
I really want shanling to implement tidal/spotify and wifi into their new gen DAP's, like the HiBy R3. Without android though. Android just makes the dap slow and laggy and unbearable IMO. I really like Shanling's/HiBy's software, Its fast and intuitive with good design. The m0 is perfect as a transport. but tidal is essential for me at this point. I feel like the r3 is offering more bang for the buck at 189, in this regard.

Apr 1, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #231 of 6,418
I really want shanling to implement tidal/spotify and wifi into their new gen DAP's, like the HiBy R3. Without android though. Android just makes the dap slow and laggy and unbearable IMO. I really like Shanling's/HiBy's software, Its fast and intuitive with good design. The m0 is perfect as a transport. but tidal is essential for me at this point. I feel like the r3 is offering more bang for the buck at 189, in this regard.
To each his own!

Apr 1, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #232 of 6,418
No way to do that without android

Apr 1, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #233 of 6,418
Doesn't seem like a necessity to me as I nearly always have my phone with me. I can just stream Tidal or Spotify to the M0 while keeping my phone in the holster where it normally lives. Also, I don't NEED to always stream while out and about. I have plenty of music on cards that can tide me over for as long as I want. Of course I realize that others may have differing requirements.

Apr 1, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #235 of 6,418
The Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato and Pioneer equivalent have Tidal without Android. It is limited to just streaming and no local storage for offline use. So it is possible.
I see, for my needs, I don't need streaming, I need the download

Apr 1, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #236 of 6,418
No way to do that without android

Quite a few daps are implementing tidal/spotify without android. hiby r3 for example.

Doesn't seem like a necessity to me as I nearly always have my phone with me. I can just stream Tidal or Spotify to the M0 while keeping my phone in the holster where it normally lives. Also, I don't NEED to always stream while out and about. I have plenty of music on cards that can tide me over for as long as I want. Of course I realize that others may have differing requirements.

Everyone has their own preferences, I'd much rather not use my iPhone to stream to my dap via bluetooth for tidal, the loss of quality over bluetooth is unacceptable, especially with iPhone which doesn't support APT-X or LDAC, there's no use streaming tidal hifi over bluetooth. Secondly the closest thing to lossless wireless is actually the HiBy Link on my Shanling m1 which uses bluetooth to play/control the files stored locally on the DAP SD card and even controls the volume. but you're limited to the music on the SD. I'd much rather have tidal on the dap for all the latest music, so the dap can be a true standalone which I can use with and without my phone.
That being said, Its quite unfair to expect a $99 DAP to offer wifi and tidal, this M0 is a nifty little device which is very impressive for the size and convenience it offers. I'm saying that Shanling should consider streaming services support in their mid/high range offerings in the future.

Apr 1, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #237 of 6,418
I tried to execute an order but as I can't read the page, I guess I will just have to wait for a US distributor. Hopefully, Amazon will
be a source.

We sell directly only in China, this "Buy" button shall be removed once we finally get website updated.

This feature along with the dap being small/compact plus that amazing price of $99 will make this an irresistible pairing for chord Mojo (or Hugo). Will it be available on amazon in US? Any other retailers for US?

Our seller in USA is MusicTeck, we will be adding another USA distributor quite soon. And I believe M0 will be offered over Amazon by multiple sellers.

@Shanling, Could I ask,

Lets say one has a M3s(or M2s) and a M0, and somehow one manages to get the scroll wheels off without breaking anything. Is it possible to swap the scroll wheels around? Like a M0 scroll wheel onto the M3s and vice-versa?

Thanks!

Wheel is different design, don't attempt any changes like this.

I dont think the Amp stage in this dap is capable enenoug to drivedmost iems n cans.

80 mW into 32 ohm, more powerful than older M1, more powerful than vast majority of players in this price and size.

With our new system, we are looking into possibilities of Streaming apps. But soooo many problems with it.
Firstly, how many services you need to include to make customers happy? Because Tidal and Spotify just isn't enough. Not even talking about our main market in China, where completely different apps are being used.
Secondly, making it truly work. Even if you look on first non-android players implementing it, you find it's limited. It's truly nice to tell customers they can use Tidal on your portable player, but then you tell them there is no offline mode and it's pretty much useless on the road. We are looking into this, but honestly telling you, it's complex problem.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 2, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #239 of 6,418
Interesting...

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #240 of 6,418
Changed my mind, won't wait for Canjam London, will order one as soon as I find an authorized dealer that ships to Belgium :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back