Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Apr 5, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #257 of 6,418
Was interested until a saw that this also doesn't support AptX when inBT received more, just likemy M1 & M2s. ;(

Probably not a big freak to most, but something I desire for my use case.

Apr 5, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #258 of 6,418
Was interested until a saw that this also doesn't support AptX when inBT received more, just likemy M1 & M2s. ;(

Probably not a big freak to most, but something I desire for my use case.

Yeah, it would certainly be nice to have, in a compact & inexpensive device.

But the DAP manufacturers are considering their device as a source, so since Qualcomm hasn't created a single chip solution for BT aptX Transmit and Receive, the DAPs have the aptX Transmit chip (to use with external Headphones & Speakers) - and you have to get a separate BT Lanyard or Receiver/Amp that has the aptX Receive chip. Some larger devices (mostly Android) apparently have both chips, and support Transmitting and Receiving BT aptX.

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #259 of 6,418
Yeah, it would certainly be nice to have, in a compact & inexpensive device.

But the DAP manufacturers are considering their device as a source, so since Qualcomm hasn't created a single chip solution for BT aptX Transmit and Receive, the DAPs have the aptX Transmit chip (to use with external Headphones & Speakers) - and you have to get a separate BT Lanyard or Receiver/Amp that has the aptX Receive chip. Some larger devices (mostly Android) apparently have both chips, and support Transmitting and Receiving BT aptX.

When I asked the rep I was told the Hiby R3 would support AptX both ways. I can't confirm personally and perhaps they where mistaken, but that is what I was told. If so, that is of much more interest to me.

Apr 6, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #261 of 6,418
Really like the design and the pricing.
How does the volume control work on the m0?
I’m not familiar with how it works on the other Shanling DAPs either.
The ES9218 has an analogue volume control built in.

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #265 of 6,418
Even if you have aptx rx and aptx tx, can they both operate at the same time? I don't think they have that feature planned.
And why would u want to do that? It doesn't magically enhance the sound

Apr 7, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #266 of 6,418
Think that's an excellent move.
Love hiby link and think anything similar would be a great selling point in my opinion.

Agreed. If I were a DAP maker like say Shanling or Cayin, I would want the software and firmware under my control. Don't get me wrong, Hiby has functioned well with various devices for the most part, but it's hard to be a supplier and a competitor at the same time. One's own product is likely to get the most attention

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #267 of 6,418
Even if you have aptx rx and aptx tx, can they both operate at the same time? I don't think they have that feature planned.

Don't know, but not sure I care. I just want to be able to stream Spotify (or other audio) from my phone to the DAP and not get noticeably worse audio like I get mow from my M1.

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #269 of 6,418
Here’s a couple pics of the amazing M0 and my Ionic (weight about the same), with QP1R as well:

892F1039-968C-4FC3-BC02-619BB2B84221.jpeg ACCCBE8A-4814-400C-A012-8DC121FEE764.jpeg

@boblauer took some pics as well comparing to his M1 which should be here soon. :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back