Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Apr 7, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #273 of 6,418
Shanling is not selling them at CanJam, right?

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #274 of 6,418
Just used this thing at CanJam Socal. Let me say this...you're all going to want this. It is small, like watch small, like the size of my thumb (but wider) small. The touch screen worked great and very accurate. It sounded like....a good DAP. It can drive a decent pair of full size phones (which looks funny, but cool). Like, you could stick this on to the headband with a tiny cord and if they make a phone app (like they want to) boom, all your headphones are wireless. It's like the size of box of matches.

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #276 of 6,418
Just used this thing at CanJam Socal. Let me say this...you're all going to want this. It is small, like watch small, like the size of my thumb (but wider) small. The touch screen worked great and very accurate. It sounded like....a good DAP. It can drive a decent pair of full size phones (which looks funny, but cool). Like, you could stick this on to the headband with a tiny cord and if they make a phone app (like they want to) boom, all your headphones are wireless. It's like the size of box of matches.
Funny. I used to clip my Sansa clip to my hat all the time with the short cord on my one set of buds. Was nice not to have anything hanging down. Now a baseball cap with a little pocket would be sweet. Hit play, pop it in and forget about it.

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #277 of 6,418
Thanks! The information made me decide to get this instead of the Hiby R3!

Apr 7, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #278 of 6,418
Boom! All your headphone are wireless. Should be the sales tag line :)

Shanling, do you know when musictek will get the M0? They have an amazon store which I prefer to buy from.

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #280 of 6,418
Im pretty much definitely in ...super size, great transport for mojo that may even make it front pocket friendly and So far all though be it a few reports , sounds good too.
The only thing that will change my mind is if some serious negatives come in but hey 99 dollars! So not a big deal if it did have some. I would be pretty confident it will be more than ok though , shanling did a pretty good job on the m1 by all acounts.
Realy looking forward to this one.

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #281 of 6,418
0407181158.jpg 0407181255_HDR.jpg 0407181300.jpg 0407181304.jpg 0407181305.jpg 0407181305a.jpg Good Morning,

Sorry for the delays in posting was a long day.
First off many thanks to Frankie from Shanling for answering so many questions and being so transparent about things. Frankie is the person behind the @Shanling posts very nice guy.

The M0 is @ 1" wide by 1.5 " tall, it's about as close to a G6 Nano as you can get size wise. It has one physical button which is a multi function volume(spin) and user configurable action. The test unit used it to cycle the screen on and off. Having the screen on is the key IMO as the touch interface is solid, could not get it to malfunction or skip not matter what I tried. The volume knob has the same tactile feel as the M1 but is a bit more solid feeling due to size and placement on the unit. Shanling house sound is very apparent on this device, so if you like that implementation and characteristic you will not be disappointed. One thing noticeable right away in comparison to M1 is this thing has gobs of power; what I normally listen to between 45 and 60 was down in the low 30's. Source AV, another solid set of folks, had these driving ZMF Atticus and Aeon Closed for perspective on the power. I feel you could drive full size cans easily but the look would be hilarious with a match book sized device and those. For those wanting to use it as a transport for Mojo(that would be my use case) not an issue, connected seamlessly, same confirmation messages on connect and disconnect worked a charm. I have some photos that show size perspective to M1 to satisfy that curiosity. It supports every fie format except OPUS (planned per Franke) and only single and double rate DSD. It converts to PCM like the M1. For the "does not have's', no remote link ala Hiby currently, that is in development but no firm date, no plastic clip case yet and will be announced after the GA of the device, so if you need either of those features you may want to wait until available or be patient and let them get delivered via firmware updates(remote app only obviously). I was sold, good device, form factor is outstanding, UI snappy and a breeze to use if familiar with Nano. Subjectively Shanling is a great company, provides outstanding support, timely bug fixes and firmware updates(should be even better once it's their code) and the price to performance ratio is top notch. For those worried about maturity of the code and app, I was told they have been working on the touch OS for close to a year and it shows in how how well it works.

On to the pics but one point on the screen comparisons, I did not adjust the M0 brightness before I took the picture and I run my M1 screen pretty bright as I mostly use it as a transport and hardly use the screen so please do not judge the screen quality by that picture, more of size comparison, trying to be fair on that,

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #282 of 6,418
Apr 8, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #284 of 6,418
I'm looking at this or the hiby R3, want something small that sounds better than my pixel XL to pair with my CA Vegas while on the tram. Just recently got Tidal, so that's why the R3 is under consideration.

This thing looks good and the size factor is just crazy.

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #285 of 6,418

Users who are viewing this thread

Back