Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 12, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #1,248 of 6,418
I haven't worked it out yet.
I should probably rtfm.
Too lazy.

In which case, just the other two but bookmarking is the biggie so that I don't have to carry two dap's. One for work and one for the car.

Sorry, what I meant was delete on the M0 through the UI without it being connected to a computer.

I can't find a way to do that.

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #1,250 of 6,418
@Shanling, m0 is completely out of stock in Japan. When will be the next shipping for Japan? Also next batch will have the latest firmware installed?

Amp3 and Hifiheadphones both out of stock as well, must be doing well for them!

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #1,252 of 6,418
I've had it since Friday 8th June.
Updated fw to 2.0 straight away and this greatly improved the usability of the machine.
Sounds great, easily the best sound of my DAP'S.
I'd really like it to be my only DAP.
For that to happen I need three things:
  • Bookmarking so that I can listen to music at work and downloads of Radio 4 in the car and at home without losing my place.
  • Fast ForWarD - on the arrow icon rather than just on the slider control - the screen is just too small for the slider. I just want to skim through a radio programme and miss out the talking. Every other player does this.
  • Deleting files and folders on the machine.
Then it would do everything that my beloved Cowon D2 could do in 2006.
I still miss it every day.
I used it until it fell to pieces.
Then I promise not to be unfaithful with any other DAP's.

Sounds great, with a few more software improvements it could be everything to me.

Audiobooks and podcast support has been requested by a few of us. If it happens in the next firmware or two I am straight in.

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #1,253 of 6,418
HiFiheadphones have the M1 for £99 quid now.

Was contemplating a second M0 (one for home, one for work).

Any thoughts on these both being same retail price? Is the M1 a better deal maybe? Any M1 user care to comment.

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #1,256 of 6,418
What is the retail price for these?
Will there be an option to rotate the UI 90-degrees?

@Shanling - I'd like to ask the same two questions. On 2) I know it would need a software tweak, but the 6th gen Nano offered a screen rotation through 90, 180 or 270 degrees. It would be a neat feature...?

Also, it looks like the clip itself is also made of plastic. How durable do you think this is going to be?

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #1,257 of 6,418
  • Fast ForWarD - on the arrow icon rather than just on the slider control - the screen is just too small for the slider. I just want to skim through a radio programme and miss out the talking. Every other player does this.

If anybody remembers Apple's 6th gen Nano, they had an even better way of skimming through long tracks. Fine-grained control over the slider bar (determined by the vertical position of your finger on the screen) so you could set the playback position exactly. Forward wind with a button push/hold would be nice too, but wouldn't be as precise.

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #1,258 of 6,418
Plenty of reason to but for me, I have many cards and a lot of music. I have a number of cards that have certain genres on them. Classical, rock, jazz etc. I have 4 400gb cards and a number of others.

Well that's easy as well. Just buy three more m0's and put the cards in once :p

Yeah, a different colour M0 for each genre. Way to go!

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #1,259 of 6,418
  • Bookmarking so that I can listen to music at work and downloads of Radio 4 in the car and at home without losing my place.
  • Deleting files and folders on the machine.
Then it would do everything that my beloved Cowon D2 could do in 2006.

Ah, to have the same user experience of the Rio Karma, with modern storage media...

Just in case Shanling is counting up the votes, still holding off on buying anything more expensive than $50 until it has the basic bookmarking features of 2007 standard music players.

Jun 12, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #1,260 of 6,418
Ah, to have the same user experience of the Rio Karma, with modern storage media...

Just in case Shanling is counting up the votes, still holding off on buying anything more expensive than $50 until it has the basic bookmarking features of 2007 standard music players.

I remember beta testing the Karma (and later the Carbon). Loved that thing. Was definitely ahead of the curve, and it's amazing how many players in these times have gone backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back