Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 11, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #1,216 of 6,418
Jun 11, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #1,218 of 6,418
I have the opposite problem. It's too large. Width and height are fine, but I'd like version 2 to be thinner. Thanks @Shanling :)

Quick survey question for Chord owners... Do you really find the Mojo that much better for sound quality? Not wanting to start any flame wars here, but I was never that impressed with the Mojo. I love my Hugo 2, but the differences in SQ between it and the M0 are much, much smaller than I expected. I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference unless I was in a perfectly quiet environment. To have a DAP this good and this small - is it really worth carrying a Mojo as well?!
M0 is nice for its price. Sound is good but not as good as mojo. Im bad at describing but for me mojo is much better and more details than M0. Well i think it just matter of taste. Like i saw some said that Hugo 2 isn't worth for it price cus its just better than mojo a bit :)
What USB-C -> micro-USB cable are you using? Where did you get it?
Thanks.
https://shop.musicteck.com/products/shanling-l2-type-c-to-micro-usb-audio-cable

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #1,220 of 6,418
I keep having shut down problems with mine after a few hours. On FW 2.0. It will play fine and then shut down and only a long press of 10 seconds or more on the on button will it finally come back on. Any one else experience this?

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #1,221 of 6,418
hi guys. not sure why but when i connect my phone to my m0, it only says bt connected. my phone is running oreo and it has this LDAC support. i dont know what im doing wrong but i have yet to try connecting my m0 to my sony xb30 which is a bt speaker also with ldac capability. any inputs is highly appreciated.

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #1,222 of 6,418
hi guys. not sure why but when i connect my phone to my m0, it only says bt connected. my phone is running oreo and it has this LDAC support. i dont know what im doing wrong but i have yet to try connecting my m0 to my sony xb30 which is a bt speaker also with ldac capability. any inputs is highly appreciated.
You might need to turn it on via the developer options.

This link might help
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...0QwqsBCDQwAQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #1,223 of 6,418
Jun 11, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #1,226 of 6,418
also did but no success.
Hmmm, not sure what else to try. Might be the something specifics to the 1+ 5t. I'm using an Essential PH-1 on 8.1 myself.
I have the M0 set to LDAC (auto) and LDAC on the PH-1, other than that I didn't have to do anything else.

Does aptx work? Bluetooth implementation has always been crappy on Android devices...

Jun 11, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #1,227 of 6,418
it is actually on. tried to toggle it from sbc aptx ldac but still remains to bt connected. will check the link you posted and by the way my phone is a oneplus 5t
You don't need to change anything in the M0's settings if the M0 is the receiver. In your phone's BT settings, click on the wheel next to the connected BT device (M0). My phone (an LG V30) has the choice of "Most Stable" (AAC) or "Best Audio Quality" (LDAC).

Jun 11, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #1,229 of 6,418
I just test LDAC receiver mode with Sony NW-A46 But I can't pair both together, can't even find each other devices (open BT function of both devices and find, but nothing found).

If someone use similar combination (Sony DAP+M0), please suggest me proper way to use them together.

Doesn't pair up with WM1Z either. It has something to do with limitation of Sony daps. Have no idea what; no issues with smartphones supporting LDAC as everybody else reported successful pair up, while Sony daps are not happy.

Still looking into this. Seems Sony added some BT device filtering, where it ignores any phones and players and just shows headphones and speakers.

Since FW 2.0 the connection with a Mac works though it is SBC only. Couldn't succeed to connect it with Apt-X or AAC, not even by forcing the Mac to use Apt-x.

Receiver mode doesn't support aptX, please try to force your Mac to AAC.

What I meant is lets say if I click on all music to browse all my songs. Will it sort the songs based on what is written in the file's metadata? Or does it sort based on the file name of the music file? For instance in the metadata my song title is Country Road. But the file name of that song is 01 - Country Road.flac
Will the player sort it as "01 - Country Road.flac" or will it just show Country Road? Because every other chinese made DAP out there will just list it as "01 - Country Road.flac"

In open all, it shows songs organized by the song title, not file name.
So for your example, it will show up as Country road,

What a nice device. Only complain is that its too small, its hard to hold lolz. Btw pairs well with my mojo. :)

My advice is, put it in your pocket :wink:

Anyone using the M0 as a bluetooth dongle receiver via LG V20? As of FW2.0 update, BT no longer outputs sound via V20.

Apart from that, really liking the way the M0 sounds (when playing flac directly off SD).

Can you please check in developer options, which codec is being used? When you connect M0, which codec is displayed on screen of M0?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 11, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #1,230 of 6,418
Still looking into this. Seems Sony added some BT device filtering, where it ignores any phones and players and just shows headphones and speakers.

Receiver mode doesn't support aptX, please try to force your Mac to AAC.

In open all, it shows songs organized by the song title, not file name.
So for your example, it will show up as Country road,

My advice is, put it in your pocket :wink:

Can you please check in developer options, which codec is being used? When you connect M0, which codec is displayed on screen of M0?

It shows AAC being used, regardless of what codec i set in the M0's settings it shows AAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back