Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 11, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #1,201 of 6,418
can someone describe the sound is it neutral or those it have a nice slight warmth to it ..how is the bass does it have a good slam

I would say it is neutral, and a little bright at times. It has a nice slam, but mostly on hi-gain after sound level 35 or so on my ER4XRs.
Lo-gain I found to sound wider, but have less slam in the bass, even with the volume up higher.
I feel like bass isn't really emphasized, and the EQ at the moment doesn't work well with my IEMs.

Jun 11, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,202 of 6,418
What battery life are people getting on 14/44.1? I am getting around 9 to 10 hours on IEM's. Also the scrolling from right to left to see the title of the album, as there is not enough information to see what it is, is really hard to make work and often just moves the albums up or down on the screen, even when being very careful on how I swipe. Works about 1 in 10 times. Pretty neat little dap for the price.

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #1,203 of 6,418
M0 and HiFi Man HE-560 w adapter.jpg

I'm now on FW v2.0 (using a 8GB FAT32 mSD with the update.bin file on it).
Thank you all for the patience and help!
The user interface seems faster now.

I spent a few hours last night sorting music and downloading to my 200 GB mSD.
This is a very cool little DAP. I'm listening on my HiFi Man HE-560's with a balanced to 3.5 adapter. The cable and adapter are much heavier than the M0.
When I tried this combo before the high gain I was near 100 on volume.
With the battery charged closer to full I can get away with a lower volume and more headroom. Nice.

One thing I do wonder about is how many open/close cycles the micro SD cover can take.
I have some bike lights (USB recharged) and wireless headphones that have these and they don't seem to last long.
Glad no need to use the FAT32 formatted mSD again.

Mike

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #1,204 of 6,418
I'm now on FW v2.0 (using a 8GB FAT32 mSD with the update.bin file on it).
Thank you all for the patience and help!
The user interface seems faster now.

I spent a few hours last night sorting music and downloading to my 200 GB mSD.
This is a very cool little DAP. I'm listening on my HiFi Man HE-560's with a balanced to 3.5 adapter. The cable and adapter are much heavier than the M0.
When I tried this combo before the high gain I was near 100 on volume.
With the battery charged closer to full I can get away with a lower volume and more headroom. Nice.

One thing I do wonder about is how many open/close cycles the micro SD cover can take.
I have some bike lights (USB recharged) and wireless headphones that have these and they don't seem to last long.
Glad no need to use the FAT32 formatted mSD again.

Mike

Why would you need to take the sd card out unless it's full? Just plug the m0 into the pc and copy files across that way (unless I'm missing something?).

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,205 of 6,418
Why would you need to take the sd card out unless it's full? Just plug the m0 into the pc and copy files across that way (unless I'm missing something?).
You are correct. I just had to for the FAT32 FW update.
Shouldn't need to do that again unless I get a larger mSD card.

Mike

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,206 of 6,418
Plenty of reason to but for me, I have many cards and a lot of music. I have a number of cards that have certain genres on them. Classical, rock, jazz etc. I have 4 400gb cards and a number of others.

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #1,207 of 6,418
Plenty of reason to but for me, I have many cards and a lot of music. I have a number of cards that have certain genres on them. Classical, rock, jazz etc. I have 4 400gb cards and a number of others.

Well that's easy as well. Just buy three more m0's and put the cards in once :p

Jun 11, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #1,208 of 6,418
What exactly are you looking for? Our system can sort music over album, artist, composer and genre. It will also do album artist, I explained it to our engineers again last week and they will add it in future(apparently nobody in China has any idea how album artist tag works). Of course it also recognizes song numbers, numbers of CD.

Enough for you or are you looking for something different?

What I meant is lets say if I click on all music to browse all my songs. Will it sort the songs based on what is written in the file's metadata? Or does it sort based on the file name of the music file? For instance in the metadata my song title is Country Road. But the file name of that song is 01 - Country Road.flac
Will the player sort it as "01 - Country Road.flac" or will it just show Country Road? Because every other chinese made DAP out there will just list it as "01 - Country Road.flac"

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #1,211 of 6,418
^^^
I agree.
I need a bigger DAP just to hold onto and not be flinged around by cans.
However, a nice case for this would make them sell really well as a gym, biking, etc super-mobile device.

Mike

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #1,213 of 6,418
What a nice device. Only complain is that its too small, its hard to hold lolz. Btw pairs well with my mojo. :)

I have the opposite problem. It's too large. Width and height are fine, but I'd like version 2 to be thinner. Thanks @Shanling :)

Quick survey question for Chord owners... Do you really find the Mojo that much better for sound quality? Not wanting to start any flame wars here, but I was never that impressed with the Mojo. I love my Hugo 2, but the differences in SQ between it and the M0 are much, much smaller than I expected. I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference unless I was in a perfectly quiet environment. To have a DAP this good and this small - is it really worth carrying a Mojo as well?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back